GW node that will ruin your day...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    @Gaidal_Cain it does work ^^ everyone in my guild followed this tip and worked for them so this isnt a bad theory
  • Options
    @Gaidal....... Faced a similar team in node 12 this morning consisting of Wiggs, STHan, Lando and Ani, level 83 all modded up (except for STHan which didn't matter), gear 11 and 30 speed. Didn't have a chance to go and got beat down.
  • Options
    Clearly I spoke too soon. I caught this exact same team on my node 12 today.

It took a couple of teams to defeat it, but I got there. It was tough though, especially considering I am still level 82, so there is a gap in power.
  • Options
    Haydigan wrote: »
    Clearly I spoke too soon. I caught this exact same team on my node 12 today.

It took a couple of teams to defeat it, but I got there. It was tough though, especially considering I am still level 82, so there is a gap in power.

Nice how'd you beat it?

I lost some of my best toons right before that node. Notably EP, Lando, STHan, RG, and Ackbar.

If I hadn't lost those I might have had a chance...
  • Options
    I focused on EP and made sure that I kept retreating until he was done. From memory, I used Anakin, Lando, Rey, GS and Mace, although I may be wrong.

I then used a Teebo lead (to stop Sun Fac's counter), and mopped up the rest. It took me two squads, but I have a deep bench and could have gone further if required. The key was killing EP so that I could get the battle on my turns. It took about 15 attempts to get the right combination.
  • Options
    I run a solid Palp, Vader, RG, Tarkin, and IG-88 team that works well for GW. Tarkin works great because I really only need his O-down (tm removal on hard nodes) and he starts with extra tm. On the flip side I imagime my team is relatively easy to beat because Tarkin is not much of a threat since he drops his aoe before O-down.
  • Options
    Rise your registered squad power as fast as the game grows you will never have to face the node 12 again

@StupidPadawan

Not sure if that is true. I restarted GW and had an easy node 12 again.

Unless I'm right on the cusp of the power threshold and I moved some mods around and THAT did it, I don't see how anything changed in between the GW marches.

I think you must be right on the threshold. I was just given a hard node 12 for the first time in months. Guess I'm not keeping my arena team up to par, though I did send 88 to G11 already.
  • Options
    With the level cap increase, my node 11 and 12 came back to being difficult teams up until around lvl 84 when they reverted to their usual 'comedy' teams. So as you level and power up they go back.

Xio
  • Options
    At level 83, when you get a tricked out level 85 team...it's time to log out and watch some Dr Phil.