About to Omega a toon for the first time...

Prev1
Hi all :)

I'll soon reach level 76 and will be able to Omega one of my toons (a second one won't be far behind).
I'd appreciate if you could look at my roster and advise me as to who do first and why. ;)

https://swgoh.gg/u/ddlooping/collection/

I'm personally thinking QGJ's or Fives' basic to start with. What say you? ;)

Replies

• Options
    I had a choice between QGJ, JKA, and Aayla basics and I chose Aayla. She makes a big difference on my arena team and the extra attack has saved me a few times in close battles. I'm doing qui gon next (pit raid, mostly)
  • kakaka_wakaka
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Qgj or rey.....you need potency for that ability to work....if you don't have that yet then go for the sure thing and have Rey hit harder...she's a safe bet
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Options
    QGJ basic . Or rey any attck
  • Options
    I would stay away from fives basic being omega'd.... Unless you got a full clone team. His speed down is great in rancor raid however the double attacks on those with speed down can hurt you
    Check out my channel and if you like it feel free to subscribe
    Virtual Gaming World
  • Options
    Thanks all for the advice. :)
    I would stay away from fives basic being omega'd.... Unless you got a full clone team. His speed down is great in rancor raid however the double attacks on those with speed down can hurt you
    Thanks, VGW, would you like to elaborate please?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

rancor gains TM every time he is hit. Since 5´s doesnt do much damage you´re better of with him just hitting once and not giving twice as much TM to the rancor per turn.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification, Leef. :)

An omega-ed Fives could be still useful outside the raid or is his damage still too low to have any use in arena, for example?
    Also, what about Teebo's basic, to be used in the raid?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification, Leef. :)

An omega-ed Fives could be still useful outside the raid or is his damage still too low to have any use in arena, for example?
    Also, what about Teebo's basic, to be used in the raid?
    i used omega´d 5s in arena and in the rancor raid. It's not like he is bad in raids once you omega'd him, just a little less effective. In the right team 5s is pretty decent in arena, but personally i feel like there are alot of better options currently. If you chose to use him in arena i'd omega him asap, it really improves his effectiveness.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    In the right team 5s is pretty decent in arena, but personally i feel like there are a lot of better options currently....
    Thanks again, Leef.

What would you say would be my best option as Arena team?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ddlooping/collection/

P.S: is 51.39% potency for QGJ enough to have an effect vs Rancor tier 6?

• Options
    leef wrote: »

rancor gains TM every time he is hit. Since 5´s doesnt do much damage you´re better of with him just hitting once and not giving twice as much TM to the rancor per turn.

I disagree. Fives has single handedly taken out entire arena teams for me. especially if you run an omegad ig88 lead.
  • Options
    Either teebo's basic or his leader.
  • Options
    Teebo is indeed a serious contender for my first Omega, DarkCokeBlower, thanks for reminding me. :)
  • Options
    Teebo's basic for sure.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo basic all day long
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks again for the suggestions, I appreciate it. :)

Teebo's basic does make a lot of sense but wouldn't omega-ing QGJ's basic have a similar cumulative effect, with the added advantage of being useful outside the raid?
  • Options
    Sounds like you prefer to do QGJ, in that case you should do what you want and not regret going against that. If I'm reading that wrong though, than Teebo's Basic maxed out is definitely better than QGJ's Basic maxed out. I have QGJ with all his abilities maxed out and have Teebo with all his abilities maxed out and that's my opinion.
  • Options
    Sounds like you prefer to do QGJ, in that case you should do what you want and not regret going against that. If I'm reading that wrong though, than Teebo's Basic maxed out is definitely better than QGJ's Basic maxed out. I have QGJ with all his abilities maxed out and have Teebo with all his abilities maxed out and that's my opinion.
    Thanks for the feedback, MortalKombat. ;)
    I do not really have a preference, it's just that I will only have enough Omegas for one toon and enough credits to get him/her to level 76, so I'm trying to get the best result for my limited resources.
    In the medium term Teebo, QGJ, Fives, GS, Rey etc etc will be Omega-ed. :)

• Options
    I had the same dilemma about maxing 5's or QGJ when I reached lvl 76 and I chose QGJ.
    And I'm sure I made the right choice.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, vazelos81. :)
  • Options
    Teebo basic then leader. QGJ is 65% chance omega, Teebo is 100%. If you do the math, the upgrade to Teebo is way better and QGJ's TM is nothing to be counted on outside raid.
  • Options
    Well, most of the times I hit rancor or boss with teebo, his TM is below 75%, so it depends the round if QGJ's or teebo's maxed basic attack is more useful....
    They both help a lot so whatever u choose won't be wrong....
  • Options
    I was in the same situation.
    I omega'd QGJ first, so he would even have the option of TM removal.
    I was lucky to get some omegas from GW + refreshing the Saturday event, and got 5 more omegas and used them on Teebo.
  • Options
    Teebo basic then leader. QGJ is 65% chance omega, Teebo is 100%. If you do the math, the upgrade to Teebo is way better and QGJ's TM is nothing to be counted on outside raid.

Au contraire: TM down enemy keytoons can win you battles!
  • Options
    You're welcome @ddlooping2 . And I still say go for what you really want. And I agree with @sneakypants . I recommend using Teebo as Leader in not just Pit Raid, but also in GW, Light Side, and neutral battles. Teebo, QGJ, Fives, GS, Rey is a great team! My only suggestion would be to replace one with a healer/reviver. Such as Old Daka or Ewok Elder. I would keep Teebo, QGJ, Rey for sure! I'd probably switch out GS and keep Fives. But GS is great, don't me wrong. Of course you don't have to do any of this. Just my suggestions. Hope you enjoy playing whatever you decide. :smile:
  • Options
    Lol. @banjo1071 I barely caught that. I agree with both of you! :smile:
  • Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »

Au contraire: TM down enemy keytoons can win you battles!

QGJ's specials are so much more critical than his basic and by round 3 most matches are either over are already decided.

Take rancor, if you have enough potency to hit the 15% cap, you have (0.65*0.85*0.30) = 16.575% TM reduction/turn.

Say you jump it to 100% hit, it's still only 19.5%. If you are giving up his other attack at a 1 in 5 chance at 30%, I'd welcome that if it were human vs human.

It matters more the less toons you're fighting against.

• Options
    QGJ's specials are so much more critical than his basic and by round 3 most matches are either over are already decided.

Take rancor, if you have enough potency to hit the 15% cap, you have (0.65*0.85*0.30) = 16.575% TM reduction/turn.

Say you jump it to 100% hit, it's still only 19.5%. If you are giving up his other attack at a 1 in 5 chance at 30%, I'd welcome that if it were human vs human.
    In layman's terms please? :D

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options

In layman's terms please? :D

What he is saying is that for normal matches and arena... the TM reduction isn't really worth it if it means you aren't going to use his other specials. Mainly because they are over before you can attack enough to make it worth while.

Rancor is generally a whole other situation... Where TM can be vital... giving up his other specials can be worth it.

Basically if you really need that extra TM for Rancor, then QGJ. Otherwise another toon might be a better fit for now... it really depends on what you need and how close you are getting more omega....

If you are not 80, I would go for a more arena beneficial character/ability to upgrade.

• Options
    Thanks for the clarification, Twin. :)
  • Options
    I remember my first time. It was with Rey. :)