Something has to be Said

Arena is rigged. I've seen new players come from nowhere with decked out rosters. Either EA lies about merging shards, or several people, after months of playing decide to spend money to catch up....on the same day.

And then there is damage. I just played 5 matches where my Biggs took barely more than half of anyone's health with his assist attack, yet Echo took out half of everyone's health with his aoe. Please tell me how that makes sense.

My worst days always come after I do well. I got rank 1 2/3 days yesterday. Now I wasted 5 attempts on teams I have been beating easily, and am top 50.

The bottom line is, I don't trust EA. Many things in this game do not add up

Replies

• Options
    Or you just witnessed the birth of a whale.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Don't do anything silly, it's not worth it, step away from the window
  • Options
    What I've seen is players I can normally trounce surge ahead 20 positions and after some trial and error I surge past them. Their rosters don't change much but their mods do. Sometimes people change their primary team when they get a good character or a good set of mods. I used to run an OB dodge team with Lumi, Rey, GS and Fives which did okay but as the meta changed to a AOE team I started using an EP team with Vader, Sun Fac, Lando and Old Daka. I do considerably better now than I did then (could maybe crack top 100 with former team, have managed as high as 13 with new team).

I know the top guy on my shard (won't name names, mostly because I sadly can't remember his ;) ) was once in the top 20 only but over the past few weeks he's managed some really impressive inroads. I even fought a GW team of his once - took three teams to beat him but I managed (wasn't his Arena team...it's beatable but I don't have the right strength of the toons to do it yet). Maybe this is what's happening? People changing teams to get better - unless you look at their roster inventory you won't know if they have those toons in reserve.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    i wouldn't go as far as to say that but i know i haven't been pleased in arena for some time and it's caused a lost of interest in the arena to the point where i just do my 3 daily activity battles and forget all about it.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wow!

You made top 50 and in fact reached number 1.

Congratulations, because the rest of the 24,000 plus poor saps in just your sector of play that joined behind you in time will be lucky to ever catch up to anywhere near you.

In fact if they combined all the top 50 from all the sectors of play you might be one us poor saps. So be happy.

Signed Sap in the 300's best ever on all three of my accounts.
  • Options
    Is there 24,000 people on a shard?!
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »

I think it is 25000. When I started my alt, it was 13k gemmed to get up to #5 quickly... then had 7 days without wifi. Worst starting time ever. Dropped out of top 50
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    @Supercat wow, never knew it was that many! All of a sudden I feel slightly less guilty about my disgusting spending addiction :lol:
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »

Not sure but that's my guesstimate 24K+
  • Options
    I might change my team to 1x 1star toon to find out
  • Options
    It is possible to go up leaps and bounds if someone bought enough crystal to mod and gear meta toons and do a few arena refreshes in a day. It can be frustrating when a new tough guy strolls into town, but that is the game. We're all here because we love to play AGAINST each other....kind of weird, but I'll take it. :)

Love my fellow Heroes (that's you guys/gals).
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
This discussion has been closed.