One hit characters

What is the point in having characters that can 1 hit others. The game seems to be falling back to how it was before the launch, it was basically whoever could aoe first wins, now it's just whoever can 1 shot first wins. Health and defense are becoming irrelevant stats
Ig86, geo soldier and first order tie pilot being the main offenders. I think a solution could be to completely nerf all damage about 25% atleast to the point where no charcter can 1 shot or be 1 shot, even with offense boost. At the same time if damage is nerfed everywhere it may make some already low damage charters even MORE useless. This then leaves nerfing the damage of characters that are doing a lot, which will cause outrageous uproar as people have spent a lot of investment in them. I don't like nerfs or change in general but I don't think 1 hit KO is a healthy meta, it was like this before launch and they changed it so tbh I hope they look at it again.

Replies

• Options
    Don't Nerf all damage. Nerf the offenders.
  • Options
    yeah i agree,

come up against a team like phasma, leia and poe and before you even get a turn, 2 chars are dead already.
    its ridiculous, when a situation like that happens, you have no strategy just one sided slaughter.
  • Options
    Yep agree something has to be done. It's not impossible to defeat as I showcased in this topic: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7632/something-poe-related#latest

But it's still a lot and dmg/hp ratio on some toons makes no sense. I.e. FotP has tanky health and probably highest damage output in the game (shooting 3x and at max gear/rank it's 10k crit per hit).

I'm using him myself as well as you can see by that video, this was a good match. The 5 other vids you can watch on the channel didn't go so well and shows the problems.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Im going to say it again, don't do it by lowering offense, just buff defense, because right now, offense up gives 50% more damage, and defense up gives, well... nothing... Make defense work and the problem will go away!
  • Options
    Why don't we just nerf the whole game? Why should attackers be nerfed yet annoying defensive characters remain the same? My Geo Soldier may be able to 1 shot 1 of your team, but his health is low so there's no reason why you can't do the same to him. There is nothing wrong with the balance of attack/defense IMO, the only thing I would change is how often heroes are able to 1 shot or stun etc. Personally I think Dooku's 100% counter rate is ridiculous, no hero should be have a 100% chance of doing any action.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    What is the point in having characters that can 1 hit others. The game seems to be falling back to how it was before the launch, it was basically whoever could aoe first wins, now it's just whoever can 1 shot first wins. Health and defense are becoming irrelevant stats
    Ig86, geo soldier and first order tie pilot being the main offenders. I think a solution could be to completely nerf all damage about 25% atleast to the point where no charcter can 1 shot or be 1 shot, even with offense boost. At the same time if damage is nerfed everywhere it may make some already low damage charters even MORE useless. This then leaves nerfing the damage of characters that are doing a lot, which will cause outrageous uproar as people have spent a lot of investment in them. I don't like nerfs or change in general but I don't think 1 hit KO is a healthy meta, it was like this before launch and they changed it so tbh I hope they look at it again.

Geo cannot 1 hit a character, if only happens when he brings FOTP to assist, IG86 is supposed to since he has 118 speed. FOTP's transgressions are well known.

Decreasing all the damage by 25% is not the way to go as it would lead to the healers being incredibly OP since they would be able to heal all the damage that is being done. A better method would be to simply make better use of the defense stats (armor) since it almost plays a non-factor as of now.
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

Geo cannot 1 hit a character, if only happens when he brings FOTP to assist, IG86 is supposed to since he has 118 speed. FOTP's transgressions are well known.

Decreasing all the damage by 25% is not the way to go as it would lead to the healers being incredibly OP since they would be able to heal all the damage that is being done. A better method would be to simply make better use of the defense stats (armor) since it almost plays a non-factor as of now.

I disagree with this, my Geo quite often 1 hit's other heroes but it's not a true 1 hit as it's with an assist, but it doesn't have to be FOTP. Mine often does it with Luke or IG-86/88.
  • Options

I disagree with this, my Geo quite often 1 hit's other heroes but it's not a true 1 hit as it's with an assist, but it doesn't have to be FOTP. Mine often does it with Luke or IG-86/88.

Which has to be a squishy (less than 10k hp character) and two of the hits have to be crits. The probability is low, I also run Geo with my IGs but a non-crit from Geo hits around 4k, which means the other character that is called to assist has to crit since neither the IGs nor Luke does 6k non-crit damage.

It does not happen often but it is simply the confirmation bias from the players that remember their characters getting OHKO. If anything IG86 OHKOs with his assist regardless of the one who is called to assist.
  • Options

Which has to be a squishy (less than 10k hp character) and two of the hits have to be crits. The probability is low, I also run Geo with my IGs but a non-crit from Geo hits around 4k, which means the other character that is called to assist has to crit since neither the IGs nor Luke does 6k non-crit damage.

It does not happen often but it is simply the confirmation bias from the players that remember their characters getting OHKO. If anything IG86 OHKOs with his assist regardless of the one who is called to assist.

Again I disagree. Mine both crit quite often and with Boba as leader they gain 45% crit damage.
  • Options

Again I disagree. Mine both crit quite often and with Boba as leader they gain 45% crit damage.

We agree on disagreeing then lol. I simply don't get many Geo crits even though I run IG88 as lead (20% crit rating)
  • Options
    Poggle+ any decent dps can almost one hit most characters. Geo is very very fast and does his job
    Ig86 has a lot of health for a droid and can benefit from poggles speed boost + can crit for 12k without even calling a droid to assist......
    Fotp well he is by far the most broken.
    25% may be abit steep but 15% maybe nerf to all damage will make a big difference it will give he healers/support characters to still act and won't give healers a huge advantage. This would basically bring the meta back to how it was at launch when high dps 1 shot characters weren't really discovered. This may also make tanks a little more viable. Ideally were looking for balance and to me balance means a variety of different characters being able to be used. Atm tanks are pretty useless bc they don't literally "tank" with this crazy damage. Healers are almost becoming irrelevant at the top end. There is only 1 tank used widely and luminara if she is lucky. Dps is everywhere with a touch of support.
  • Options
    Poggle+ any decent dps can almost one hit most characters. Geo is very very fast and does his job
    Ig86 has a lot of health for a droid and can benefit from poggles speed boost + can crit for 12k without even calling a droid to assist......
    Fotp well he is by far the most broken.
    25% may be abit steep but 15% maybe nerf to all damage will make a big difference it will give he healers/support characters to still act and won't give healers a huge advantage. This would basically bring the meta back to how it was at launch when high dps 1 shot characters weren't really discovered. This may also make tanks a little more viable. Ideally were looking for balance and to me balance means a variety of different characters being able to be used. Atm tanks are pretty useless bc they don't literally "tank" with this crazy damage. Healers are almost becoming irrelevant at the top end. There is only 1 tank used widely and luminara if she is lucky. Dps is everywhere with a touch of support.

Where to start, oh well.

IG86 cannot crit for 12k on his own even with Poggle buff, I have them both 7* unless you run a Boba lead. He also has 10k health at 7* and Gear8 which is in line considering he has 118 speed (turn 9).

Geo is very fast due to him getting to Gear9.

FOTP is not broken, he has simply some bugs that need to be addressed (similar to Leia) the only reason he seems strong is due to Poe.

And I still disagree on your point about nerfing the damage 15%, most of the player base is nowhere close to level 70 (around 65 for top ranks in many servers) and still do not have many characters.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    the high damage characters by themselves aren't really the issue. the fact that some of the high profile damage dealers are bugged and getting more shots then intended and in the case of the FOTF him being bugged and swapping agi for str at 7* gives him way to much HP which is compounded when he hides behind the uber goodness that is poe. But as has been mentioned after their BUGS are dealt with they aren't that bad but could be better addressed by making defense stats meaningful instead of nerfing damage dealers.
  • Options
    Well I'm level 65 and basically have every character and I can tell you ig86 can and has crit for 11.9k and that's not even boba lead, this game can do weird things sometimes but I was shocked at this. Maybe you disagree bc it goes against your tactics but 1 hit Ko are not healthy. Ig86 and geo are not that bad on their own
    Fotp is powerful no matter what. Maybe offense boost could be nerfed then, from 50% to 25%
    Or health/ armour could be boosted for everyone
    Especially armour bc this would make for a much more dynamic gameplay where defense boost is just as relevant as offense. This could bring life too soo many characters that are currently dead like savage, gunray or anyone who can defense boost mace, plo ima gun Di.
    Bottom line is there needs to be a way to defend against his power 2 hits to kill is reasonable it gives you a chance to atleast act this could also potentially benefit the glass cannons if they are given another way to defend thenselfs. Perhaps a revamp of the defense is the key. Atm the most armoured characters are only able to mitigate maybe 300 damage at the most
  • Options
    There's a possibility that the damage was added for the ig86 attack and the assist but only shown as 1 result. I find this happens sometimes with rey for example when she attacks 3-4 times it will show as one large value. I'm sorry in not really sure. All I know is I saw he number in yellow and then they were dead Ahahah
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    sorry this has to be done...

Erm.. So I guess that Barriss nerf wasn't such a great idea after all?!!?

ROFLMAO
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Haha maybe, but with this issue it wouldn't have made much difference, she can't heal dead characters. There's only a very small amount of characters that are not able to be 1 hit ko. She is one of them
  • Options
    You bunch of whingers.

It'll all change soon. New characters will come out, new flavours of team combos will arise. It's all swings and roundabouts. Just wait.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Haha maybe, but with this issue it wouldn't have made much difference, she can't heal dead characters. There's only a very small amount of characters that are not able to be 1 hit ko. She is one of them

Have you consider this makes Ewok elder a valuable counter.. regardless of the fact he doesn't have a lot of health...

One shot characters are only an real issue because people most people use low/medium health characters

Just yesterday I ran into my first Barriss lead team in... what seems like forever.. she was backed up by some fairly tanky characters... Boba, Vader, Geo Soldier and JC... My FOTP (5* gear 8) at best only took off around 70% of the health of one... I wasn't one shotting anyone on that team... not even the JC...

I can in the past week count on one hand the number of tanky teams I have come across.. Heck I can do with one finger...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!