Ally point Tournament repetitive and boring

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Better idea, if they were smart they'd give everyone a fair shot at getting these characters at 3-7 stars. Make everyone come back for more and play more. Also if you pay to win they will spend more money. Like me I like to treat myself to about 1-2 8 packs a week, if they give me Maze just once a week I might buy more. Ally points are better now that you can buy them from GCW but people with these insane comps are always hard for amateur players to beat. I am now at reward tier 9 for "Streets of Jedha" but tomorrow I am going to be in the back because I have to work and then I have to REDO it all over again.

It gets tedious working so hard on these characters but rewarding when you see those crits. So if everyone could get the character but put in a little work for it, then SAVE the work you did so you are alright if you don't play for a day or 2. Would be nice. But end rant.
  • Options
    Better idea, if they were smart they'd give everyone a fair shot at getting these characters at 3-7 stars. Make everyone come back for more and play more. Also if you pay to win they will spend more money. Like me I like to treat myself to about 1-2 8 packs a week, if they give me Maze just once a week I might buy more. Ally points are better now that you can buy them from GCW but people with these insane comps are always hard for amateur players to beat. I am now at reward tier 9 for "Streets of Jedha" but tomorrow I am going to be in the back because I have to work and then I have to REDO it all over again.

It gets tedious working so hard on these characters but rewarding when you see those crits. So if everyone could get the character but put in a little work for it, then SAVE the work you did so you are alright if you don't play for a day or 2. Would be nice. But end rant.

This doesn't even take into account where Chirrut will go after his tournament run ends. Another Chromium landing spot would be awful.
  • Options
    Just cap the number of times you can play like in challenges. Its not just ally coins that's the problem ( or crystals for that matter ) its also a time sencitive thing. Not everyone has time to play it 59 times to get a good ranking.

Now actual player v player in real time would be the ultimate solution. A list of players who are currently online. Pick a player to fight, the player you pick gets an inbox notification, he has 5 minutes to accept battle.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just cap the number of times you can play like in challenges. Its not just ally coins that's the problem ( or crystals for that matter ) its also a time sencitive thing. Not everyone has time to play it 59 times to get a good ranking.

Now actual player v player in real time would be the ultimate solution. A list of players who are currently online. Pick a player to fight, the player you pick gets an inbox notification, he has 5 minutes to accept battle.

And what if he or she doesn't? I see that as a big time sink.
  • Options
    Going to have to disagree with this. The tourney works well. It's just added content that you don't even need to take part in. It's not about crystals, so it's not about spending money. The credits alone are free just for entering. Someones always got more than you. The word "fair" to most people means, structure the event like "this" so I can win. Just going up against players outside our guilds is fun.
  • Options
    Pretty much all the ideas here are doomed from the start. Everyone wants to finish near the top, but nobody wants to put in the effort. The biggest thing you need to remember is that unlike squad arena where 95% of the people in your shard are inactive in a tournament you are up against only people who have logged on in the last day or two. In the 60-69 rank tournament shard I'm in only 25 people out of 5000 or so active players will get the character. That is 0.5% of them. Once you accept that you will almost certainly not be one of those people the tournament becomes a lot less stressful.

The only real change that I think would be good for how the tournaments work would be to not cap the cost increases of refreshing, even the biggest whales are going to run out of ally points quickly if the cost rises to 50k for a full team refresh, and that kind of cost would make roster depth something with real value. Of course it would be nice if the reward structure could be changed so that anyone putting in a real effort would get the character, but the devs of this game seem to feel excruciating pain for every single electron of digital content they part with, so that likely will never happen.