How is Rey balanced?

Prev13
From what I have seen Rey seems to be the most imbalanced of any of the characters at this point. She is way too fast and does way too much damage up front. In arena she always goes first and can easily one shot a character with a lower health pool. You shouldn't lose on the first round without even being able to counter. I wouldn't mind so much if she was easier to farm. I see a lot of posts complaining about Sid and Poe but honestly I don't think they are much of a problem. Especially since they are easily farmed.

Replies

• Options
    If they are easy to farm everyone has them so everyone thinks they are OP as they always face them
    Rey being hard to get means she should be quite powerful, if everyone had her then thats where the issues would be!
  • Options
    people do not agree because they have these characters, but Rey , Poe , Lea, FOTP are extremely unbalanced . No matter what people say. It is not right to kill someone with one shot. There's nothing to argue against . People are blind and do not want to see the obvious .
  • Options
    Flamengo wrote: »
    people do not agree because they have these characters, but Rey , Poe , Lea, FOTP are extremely unbalanced . No matter what people say. It is not right to kill someone with one shot. There's nothing to argue against . People are blind and do not want to see the obvious .

I have none of those characters if that was a cheeky dig at me!
  • Flamengo
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    W0NDERWA11 wrote: »

explain to me , then how is it possible to kill a team composed of Rey , Lea, FOTP , Poogle and poe ?? Tell me how , because it is simply impossible .... unless you have the same characters .
  • Options
    I wouldnt know I'm not an expert on the game but all I'm saying is characters that are very time consuming to farm / impossible to farm are of course going to be better and should be better than those that are easy, to keep spenders spending, obviously
    And I made the point Rey isn't moaned about as much as Poe or FOTP because she's not as easy to farm, didn't say she wasn't OP as I don't know because I don't face her all that often
  • Options
    Rey is more OP than poe or fotp, trust me.. Its just only few people have her maxed atm
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is way more balanced than FOTP. She can be debuffed very easily. Just one debuff on her drops her offense by at least 21%. This also prevents her from getting offense up (on her own).
    Leave my sweetie alone! She was abandoned on a desert planet to fend for herself. ITS HER TIME NOW, HER TIME! LONG LIVE REY!!!!
  • Options
    Rey is more OP than poe or fotp, trust me.. Its just only few people have her maxed atm

Regarding the poe I agree, but the FOTP not. It attacks 4 ~ 5k per shot and he shoots 2 ~ 3 times per turn . And your special attack takes 10k . Lea attacks the same amount of damage, but also attacks 3 times. If that's right, I do not know what's right in this game . Not to mention the Buff the lea ....
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Rey is way more balanced than FOTP. She can be debuffed very easily. Just one debuff on her drops her offense by at least 21%. This also prevents her from getting offense up (on her own).
    Leave my sweetie alone! She was abandoned on a desert planet to fend for herself. ITS HER TIME NOW, HER TIME! LONG LIVE REY!!!!

Yeah! And give her a lightsaber! (Godmode: ON)
  • Options

explain to me , then how is it possible to kill a team composed of Rey , Lea, FOTP , Poogle and poe ?? Tell me how , because it is simply impossible .... unless you have the same characters .

Against Poe you need Poe without Poe those are easy to win against.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    KAULI wrote: »

SPOILER ALERT:
    She def needs a buff.. A new skill, "remember the force". This skill humiliates enemie's Kylo..and your own Kylo if using him by having Chewbacca blast Kylo in the gut with bowcaster, she then yells, " you'll never be Vader, emo boy"and cuts up his face with summoned lightsaber.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rey, FOTP and GS are not problems themselves, they are symptoms of the real problem: damage is too high relative to health pools, and defense is basically irrelevant. Glass cannons unbalance a game when they do so much damage that their low health doesn't matter. And turn meter manipulation makes it worse.
    I am hopeful this will be addressed soon.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    KAULI wrote: »

SPOILER ALERT:
    She def needs a buff.. A new skill, "remember the force". This skill humiliates enemie's Kylo..and your own Kylo if using him by having Chewbacca blast Kylo in the gut with bowcaster, she then yells, " you'll never be Vader, emo boy"and cuts up his face with summoned lightsaber.

Yes please :D :P LONG LIVE THE FUTURE LIGHTSABER REY!!!!
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If they are easy to farm everyone has them so everyone thinks they are OP as they always face them
    Rey being hard to get means she should be quite powerful, if everyone had her then thats where the issues would be!

I'm not saying she shouldn't be good. I'm saying she shouldn't be able to one shot characters going first in the first round. That is an auto-lose in arena. Maybe make it so each time she uses her basic attack it buffs her special or somethings and reduce the special overall. That way you have to build up her attack.
  • Options
    She is not balanced. She is scarce. When high soenders all have her, expect 30% of threads talk abiut her
  • Options
    She is not balanced. She is scarce. When high soenders all have her, expect 30% of threads talk abiut her

Yes and comparatively Dooku is about as hard to get yet is no where near as strong. Good but not impossible to beat.

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lol what? Rey is squishy and you just have to hit her with a debuff with Sid or Dooku and her damage goes way down

Plus the AI plays her poorly.
  • Options
    I pretty much played against the team you talked about. It was close, but I was able to knock out Rey quickly and that won me the match
  • Options
    She isn't.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Rey, FOTP and GS are not problems themselves, they are symptoms of the real problem: damage is too high relative to health pools, and defense is basically irrelevant. Glass cannons unbalance a game when they do so much damage that their low health doesn't matter. And turn meter manipulation makes it worse.

Rey, FOTP, GS, QGJ, and Leia are the problem. What other characters are hitting any where's close to those?
  • Options

+1. Nobody should die first round. Damage is out of control
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    I pretty much played against the team you talked about. It was close, but I was able to knock out Rey quickly and that won me the match

In the match you are talking about Rey either missed or the ai picked a bad target.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    One hit a toon in her first attack, never seen that. She's faster than Poggle so Poggle can't buff her in her first round. What level? Maybe in the 40s bracket
  • Options
    She is balanced by The Force, enough of it to 1 shot your aa$s
  • Options
    Cecton wrote: »
    l3end3r wrote: »

In the match you are talking about Rey either missed or the ai picked a bad target.

So you're a mind reader? No I hit her with my Sid first, so I didn't eat that much damage and then I taunted up and took her out. She couldn't one shot my character without the damage bonus from her passive

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Once she has offense up... Then you messed up
  • Options
    balance takes a long time, be patient, it took anakin up till the end of ep VII to balance the force! spoliers!
  • Options

You reminded me of this.

ignite-horizontalloyalty-slides-15.jpg

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

High spenders have her already. Many of them use Qi Gon Jin instead.
    The real problem is damage is too high, defender is pointless, a d shooting first is the only things that matters. In the current meta, though, the problem is not FOTP or Rey. It's Poe. Poe is the only mandstory toon.

You can make a team with Poe, Poggle, Qi Con Jin, Geo Soldier and Dooku, and not use FOTP or Rey or Leia and win vs a team with FOTP and Rey and Leia if they don't have Poe. There are a lot of fast characters with high damage output. FOTP or Leia are a bit better, but the difference is not so high, and you could replace them with others. Droid teams are succesful, and they use IG88/86 as their damage dealers.

The only thing that all high end teams have, because all of them need to, is Poe. High end teams currently are Poe, plus 4 toons selected from a pool containing Leia, Rey, FOTP, Qi Gon Jin, Geo Soldier, Poggle, the droids (as a pack) , maybe in a future 7* Dookus, and sometimes utility guys like Old Ben. With some original teams packing Boba,Sid, 88 in AOE teams, that also have Poe and Poggle. Nerfing FOTP or Rey don't change anything, they'll just pick another toon from the pool. As long as they can pick the msndstory Poe, it'll be the same: the goal is moving 5 chars before you do so you start the fight hopeless

The other option is, as suggested, a drastical shift of the game goals, making defense more relevant, and damage divided by half
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »

Rey, FOTP, GS, QGJ, and Leia are the problem. What other characters are hitting any where's close to those?

The droids. And if the damage is reduces, the meta will chance to Ben, or Dooku or other disablers so your toons are out of combat instead of dead, and then killed in the second round.

The game balance revolves around the idea that I move 1, you move 1, and so on. If I Love 5 and you move 0, and my toons are somewhat competent, there's no balance.