How is Rey balanced?

Replies

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rey is more OP than poe or fotp, trust me.. Its just only few people have her maxed atm

Wow...so now that we know the devs are looking at FOTP and Rey, just dismiss them and...next man (woman) up for the nerf train. Toot toot! All aboard the Rey express! :)

There's just no fighting this endless parade of nerf threads :neutral:

To the OP...you just need tankier toons vs. her - she won't one shot you if you are using higher health characters. I'll give you a sleeper...farm Tusken Raider next in GW. She will not one shot him, but when his turn comes up he has the power + assist damage to nearly one shot her in round 1 on his own (assuming she doesn't have foresight up). Not saying he's any savior in general, but that's just an example of a hero that would easily take her round 1 damage and then severely wound her back and you hardly hear him mentioned. There are higher health pool options than what most are running that can take a hit.

Kylo would be another one.

Or...just nerf her too, that's always a popular go to option.
  • Options
    Problem is once you tone down damage even little bit the game becomes a turtle match where whoever has the most healers wins. And thats the worst possible thing they could do to the game. The only thing they can do in my opinion is add more high damage dealers to compete.
  • Options
    I was just fighting in arena with Rey and I thought "what a stupid, imbalanced champ! I'm gonna share my thoughts on swgoh forums, gonna let them know how **** off I'am!" I enter the forums and first thing I see "why Rey is imbalanced" :DD
    Ye, we can't disagree that her ability to strike 3 times at once ( 51lvl Rey on 5th gear just hit my Sid for 7k crit.. Saaaay whaaaat) combining with her speed and foresight mechanic is just BROKEN and not possible to counter. I don't think that being able to be easily/hardly farmed, is a rational argument for the question "is the X champion balanced" for numerous reasons but most obvious that P2P can get anything they want and champions shouldn't be more or less powerful just because some can have them just like that and some don't. Yep, everyone, after a looong farming can has Rey but what if I play droid team and I don't want to have Rey in my team? I have to face her and lose all the time just because someone has a team with extremely imbalanced champ!

That's one of the many reasons why EA should be sharing patch notes with us. Without it, we don't know s**t what's going on, if our prayers and beggings are taken under consideration and what to expect.

TL;DR - Rey is obviously imbalanced (cuz 3strikes, foresight, natural speed), champs shouldnt be stronger just because some players can have them and some don't,
    and patch notes should be available!
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Cecton wrote: »
    I pretty much played against the team you talked about. It was close, but I was able to knock out Rey quickly and that won me the match

In the match you are talking about Rey either missed or the ai picked a bad target.

So you're a mind reader? No I hit her with my Sid first, so I didn't eat that much damage and then I taunted up and took her out. She couldn't one shot my character without the damage bonus from her passive

How can u hit her with Sid 1st if she's faster?
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I faced rey a lot and shes OP. Her first strike took my 7* sidious to 25%, after that his team did AOE damage and game over did not even get a chance to counter absolutely nonsense same as with poe tbh. I hope EA balance the game more with the next update.

And lets be fairly truthful, no way rey is as strong as shes depicted in movie almost everyone said the same on the reviews so she needs to be nerfed :P lmao.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Buff Rey!
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rey gets wacked by multi attack teams. Foresight only works on 1 attack. Rey is weak vs Fives/Dooku and Phasma lead teams. pew pew.

She's balanced, a bit tricky to play right. And she misses on high evasion units too. She's a gamble to play with, and I like it this way. She doesn't get buff by Poggle in round 1 either.

edit/ side note: QGJ + assists / Geo+ assist in round 1 hurts way more than her opening attack.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    From what I have seen Rey seems to be the most imbalanced of any of the characters at this point. She is way too fast and does way too much damage up front. In arena she always goes first and can easily one shot a character with a lower health pool. You shouldn't lose on the first round without even being able to counter. I wouldn't mind so much if she was easier to farm. I see a lot of posts complaining about Sid and Poe but honestly I don't think they are much of a problem. Especially since they are easily farmed.

Thank you for this topic.. stuck here in a blizzard and just ran out of bottled water to balance out this whiskey. Your tears will do nicely to fill the gap.

LEAVE MY REY ALONE!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Rey is way more balanced than FOTP. She can be debuffed very easily. Just one debuff on her drops her offense by at least 21%. This also prevents her from getting offense up (on her own).
    Leave my sweetie alone! She was abandoned on a desert planet to fend for herself. ITS HER TIME NOW, HER TIME! LONG LIVE REY!!!!

You reminded me of this.

ignite-horizontalloyalty-slides-15.jpg

Hahaha. I've seen that movie like 200 times.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    RayRevan wrote: »
    I pretty much played against the team you talked about. It was close, but I was able to knock out Rey quickly and that won me the match

In the match you are talking about Rey either missed or the ai picked a bad target.

So you're a mind reader? No I hit her with my Sid first, so I didn't eat that much damage and then I taunted up and took her out. She couldn't one shot my character without the damage bonus from her passive

Sidious is faster but either could go first. Its not her first but second attack you need to watch out for. She will not have offense up her first turn as she would use her ability that grants foresight or offense up and she moves before Poggle (in a Poggle team). Once she is debuffed by Sids aoe attack or dodges she looses 21 percent offense or looses the ability to gain offense up. Its hard to explain unless you have her. Honestly compared to a FOTP she can be tricky to use. FOTP almost always has advantage and if he hits your tank with advantage and offense up its gonna die. Way easier than Rey to use.
  • Options
    You

Sidious is faster but either could go first. Its not her first but second attack you need to watch out for. She will not have offense up her first turn as she would use her ability that grants foresight or offense up and she moves before Poggle (in a Poggle team). Once she is debuffed by Sids aoe attack or dodges she looses 21 percent offense or looses the ability to gain offense up. Its hard to explain unless you have her. Honestly compared to a FOTP she can be tricky to use. FOTP almost always has advantage and if he hits your tank with advantage and offense up its gonna die. Way easier than Rey to use.

If you use her with Leia, she will be buffed when Leia goes first. Then unleash her special for 4 hits and she takes out whoever you choose. This can all happen before Sid, Poe, or anyone has a chance to go.
  • Options
    Now Rey on the nerf train?
    Come on.
    Poe, Sid, FOTP (now Rey too) are all available to everyone.
    Work it out, be patient, max it out, and use it??

Stop asking for nerfs because you don't have it, or don't have it as maxed out as others.
    Is totally unfair for people who has her on a good level (and mind you, I don't have Rey yet).

I've faced a few Reys already, and never had the slightest problem with her. She's deadly if you let her go on with the offense buff. As other said, use more tanky toons like Kylo, problem solved.

• Options
    When I see Rey on a team, I don't get concerned the same way I do when I see Kylo. Yes, she could knock down pretty much any toon I have to red, but so can my GS with the right assist.

Kylo, on the other hand, has messed up my team quick on a number of occasions. Perhaps I have just been going up against week Reys and strong Kylos...
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    You

If you use her with Leia, she will be buffed when Leia goes first. Then unleash her special for 4 hits and she takes out whoever you choose. This can all happen before Sid, Poe, or anyone has a chance to go.

True, never thought about Leia.
  • Options

So you're using a very improbable combination of Leia/Rey to explain nerfing a unit because of a potential to use an ability that she has had form the start. Lots of "ifs" with something you have never tried...

It IS purposefully hard to get Offense Up on her in round 1. And then, why would you do this with Leia when he stealth skill is more useful at that point? Rey's Foresight is more useful in arena than Offense up. At this point if you really want to buff her with Offense, just get Poggle so he buffs everyone else with it.

I've never been able to get Reyto trigger this Offense Up in arena, only been able to in challenges :|
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Fantazy wrote: »

So you're using a very improbable combination of Leia/Rey to explain nerfing a unit because of a potential to use an ability that she has had form the start. Lots of "ifs" with something you have never tried...

It IS purposefully hard to get Offense Up on her in round 1. And then, why would you do this with Leia when he stealth skill is more useful at that point? Rey's Foresight is more useful in arena than Offense up. At this point if you really want to buff her with Offense, just get Poggle so he buffs everyone else with it.

I've never been able to get Reyto trigger this Offense Up in arena, only been able to in challenges :|

If Poggle second round. She's needs lots of thing in her favor before she is OP, and imo this makes her balanced
  • Options

This^

Rey is balanced. And for the OP, I beat a Poe, Leia, FOTP, Bariss, JC team in arena for #1 rewards again today. His Poe went first as well. Sure there was no Rey, but my F2P team was able to win.

Stop with the nerf calls everyone. Plz, I beg you
  • Options
    Oh bullocks Rey is OP and all you apologists know **** well she is.
    Look at any raid and Rey tops damage.
    She can single hit for 15-20+ K not her quad hit single hit....
    First attack first swing most players dead from a crit and that's computer controlled so no leveraging a perfect team while you are on offensive.
    So yeh keep pretending shes not OP and when the game looses its player base and you Rey apologists ( and spare me the you don't have her lie) have no one you can pwn with your OP Rey look in a mirror for why.

• rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1. If your char gets onehit by Rey it says more about your char than about Rey. Looks like Rey is higher geared/modded than your char. Facing a toon with same gearlvl Rey usually is not able to onehit. A maxed out Rey can't onehit any char of my arena-team in 1st round. Never!
    2. She IS balanced, yes she is pretty fast and hits like a hammer. But that's all she has to offer. With no taunter around her she is wiped away in a few blows. The fact that she is not viable on her own and that she needs other toons around her for protetion demonstrates pretty well, that she actually is balanced.
    3. I don't say a fight against the usual metasquad Rey + RG/Han + the other usual suspect is always a piece of cake. But with the right strategy around a well-composed team with good leveled toons it is possible quite often to win. What leads me to
    4. Most whiners demanding a nerf of Rey just don't have the right counter-strategy yet. But there are plenty of them. Instead of whining focus on farming an appropriate arena-team and the force will be with you.

My arena team has 3 possibilities to deal with her:
    1. Keep her stunned while getting rid of RG
    2. Damage her to a little more than half of her health and let make my Rey give her the final blow without activating RG's taunt.
    3. Just damage her, remove RG's taunt with QGJ and finish her off.
    And I'm sure there might be even more possibilites to deal with her.
  • Options
    I didn't think Rey was OP pre mods she was a glass cannon as she should have stayed. Now with mods she can have a pretty decent health and protection pool and I do have a problem with her. Now when I see her and RG node 12 in my GW I just immediately hit restart.
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Heres a hint: it is generally a mistake to make rey your first target
  • Options
    Heres a hint: it is generally a mistake to make rey your first target

I usually just blow up ST Han first. Just wipe him off the face of the match.
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Same. And if no STH, then QGJ.
  • Options
    Same. And if no STH, then QGJ.

Yeah, or Geonosian Soldier. The bug is ridiculous. Can pump out some nasty DPS if left alive
  • Options
    Just bringing this thread back up instead of starting another one. Will Rey rebalance ever be considered by the devs? Do they ever did a reply about this or something involving this?
  • Options
    Rey is fine. I was the first on my shard to get her, did it all through hard nodes (before guild shop became available). I benched her weeks ago, haven't used for for anything since. She doesn't even have mods anymore.

There are better characters. At some point people thought sidious and luminara were overpowered too. QGJ was on every team a month ago and now I rarely see him. There's a reason you had to look so far back to find a Rey complaint thread, people mostly stopped complaining about her and moved on to even more powerful characters.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The most imbalanced toons are the ones that are modded to the teeth with speed and also give group buffs to their team like STH. It sort of reminds me of the coin-flip Poe meta from about 6 months ago. The obvious difference is that whoever has the fastest Han obviously wins the coin toss every time...but the matches begin the same way and spiral down the same way they did in the Poe days.

EDIT: I just realized this is a necro thread. Who rezzed this?
  • Options
    If anything, she needs a buff to be relevant again. She's the first one down when I face her.
  • Options
    Yesss - buff Rey pls
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Rey is not OP.

(And she's not that tough to farm, either—not like a FOTP. As soon as I could, I started working her hard nodes everyday and putting every guild currency I had toward her. I had her seven-starred in not very long.)

Rey is a simply straight-up damage dealer that can't survive long if she's focused on. She has no synergies to offer anyone. (Most other glass cannons give you nice synergies.)

Even with a fairly decent old meta team (Phasma, GS, QGJ, Rey, RG), I don't really have much success against new meta/wiggs. I'm not seeing her as frequently on my shard, even at 150–200 ranks where I usually hang at. That doesn't sound OP to me.

In fact, I think Rey has arguably kept the game balanced.

I'm 100% FTP, and paying players get a lot of advantages (as they rightly should, or else no one would pay): more refreshes for quicker farming, crystals to pick up raid gear quicker, access to Sun Fac and B2 back in the day, etc. Rey gives the FTP player a decent chance to keep in the same league with PTW.