So tournament question?

Now that it is over how do we determine what shard we end up in. I got in a shard past 2 times with huge people. Way bigger than I am. I only have 4 or 5 gear 9 people but everyone in my shard seems to be gear 10 or 11. Could someone explain this to me please?

Replies

• Options
    It all depends on your level, if your level 80+ you all get placed in the same group.
  • Options
    It's grouped per player level, e.g. all 80+ are together, the 70-79s in their own pool etc. Then your shard depends on the time you enter the tournament (set your defense team).
    And yes, there will be players with impressive scores in most shards. They also spent an impressive amount of time getting there.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    It's based on lvl obviously, but then determined by the time you enter. Each server starts with a cap of 5000 available player spots before filling up and making a new one. If you enter at the instant it opens, then you enter with everyone else who entered instantly, until 5000 have entered. Then if you entered at night, you get placed with everyone else who entered at night at that time.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    It's based on lvl obviously, but then determined by the time you enter. Each server starts with a cap of 5000 available player spots before filling up and making a new one. If you enter at the instant it opens, then you enter with everyone else who entered instantly, until 5000 have entered. Then if you entered at night, you get placed with everyone else who entered at night at that time.

When I finally got around to starting I was at rank #5416, and the leader was already at 9777 points. Similar to my alternate. I was under the impression that it was when you set your defense team however I did not set mine till Sunday morning and was on leaderboard with players that started on Friday right away. I also know that others that set theirs later on Friday were on different leaderboards.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »

When I finally got around to starting I was at rank #5416, and the leader was already at 9777 points. Similar to my alternate. I was under the impression that it was when you set your defense team however I did not set mine till Sunday morning and was on leaderboard with players that started on Friday right away. I also know that others that set theirs later on Friday were on different leaderboards.

After a while they stop opening new ones and just recycle new players onto existing ones past the 5000 rank. Happened to me last time when I entered on the second day of the tourney and I got put on a day 1 server.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind