Game Update 11/21/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    So the Millennium Falcon has the (Ep VII) tag at the end of its name. Is this indicative of another version later on or are they just trying to tell us we don't need Han Solo for it? Or is it like how we got Clone Wars Chewbacca instead of the original Chewbacca so we can't get a good synergy between him and Han...?
    It takes Rey and Finn. They announced this a while back

Yes, yes, yes, I know this, Im just wondering if the Episode VII tag is purely functional so that we know it takes Rey and Finn or if it will be needed to distinguish between Episode IV or Episode VI millennium falcon.
  • Options
    The zeta materials can only be obtain through ships...if I'm reading this correctly, zeta is a step up from omega, right? So I have to work at ships to collect these zeta for my reg gameplay. Really don't have time for ships, seems too involved, if I'm forced to get zeta and can only acquire them through ship progression, the game might finally have pushed me away

Ugh, just quit or don't
  • Options
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!
  • Options
    Will we get like a ships campaign and a cantina like the regular game or is it near enough strictly p2p i know ships rotate in shipments but if you dont buy thats gonna take some time lol
  • Options
    I don't see any blueprints in the GW store
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't see any blueprints in the GW store

Usually you have to wait for or pay for a refresh
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I believe the Zeta materials are used to upgrade ship abilities, whereas Omega is still the highest possible upgrade for character abilities.

I thought they said in the update that it was toon abilities and they had a list of toons that use them.

Ah, my bad, I hadn't fully read that yet and just assumed since they were with ships, they'd be for ships. It seems that currently there are 15 characters that will use the Zeta materials, but they don't seem to have gone fully live yet. I sure hope that not only those 15 characters gain access to the Zeta abilities, that'd be a little unfair imo. And I'm sure there will probably other ways to get Zeta materials at some point. Although honestly, they're just making you play more of the game, if you want to quit because they're giving you content that connects that sounds more like a personal problem than a problem with the game. This is far better than the AAT raid.
  • Options
    All ships events disappeared from the events tab. There was one mission left to complete the First Order Tie Fighter event when the game prompted to be restarted. When I restarted it, all Ships events vanished so I couldn't complete the lats mission and get the 5 last blueprints that I needed to activate this ship.
  • Options
    Awesome update!

On a side note: Please oh please make the Tie Tournament grouped by account age instead of when you enter the tournament.
  • Options
    I LOVE IT!!!! The update is amazing my only question is were are the specifics of Bobas rework?? I want the details please
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Rex and cuffs

Its like Christmas
  • Options
    Christmas came early!
    So pumped!
    Thanks for all the hard work guys and gals at EA/CG :)
  • Options
    Ty ea. I'm blown away. I know you will have your cup of haters but from a f2p player from the start I say bravo. And you got in my pocket lol
  • Options
    This makes the game take too much time. Poorly executed. Ships should have been independent from the existing game. It is an obvious money grab. It adds unnecessary complexity to a nice simple game.
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me :/
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Do you have to be 80+ to see this? Or is it beta
    •••The AlliΔnce Ûnic0rns - Cyph3r'•••
  • Options
    It's like I am in a day off time zone. Don't get the update on time and my Bisen was off a day even though I never miss a log in. Is there a really slow server?
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    Rex and cuffs

Its like Christmas

Vader is in there, too.
  • Options
    No way I tried to pay but got back pure trash. Not again
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    In case someone's missed it, I believe ships have arrived ;)

Until yesterday the game was like "so you need that one single shard to 7* your character? Here, let me give you 0/9 shards and some level 1 gear that you already have 500 of". Today I launch GoH and what do I see? "Hello, human. Would you like a hundred character shards free? Two hundred? Heck, take'em all, enjoy.". I wonder which of these we'll see tomorrow...
  • Jaybud
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ayli wrote: »
    Do you have to be 80+ to see this? Or is it beta

Go download the update. It doesn't force the download yet (according to the previous Dev post about it, it will force the download tomorrow) so you have to go to the App Store. You don't have to be 80; the level for participating in the fleet arena is (I believe) 60. You can start with the ship events in the upper 20's if I read the post correctly.
  • Options
    Hey Guys, there's no SHIPS topic yet, so this is the closest category I could get/find to sending you all feedback on it.

First I want to say Congratulations on the Ships launch!! It's amazing and you guys did EXCELLENT! Way beyond any expectations. I'm so excited and honestly baffled by how amazing and well thought out it was. I love the tutorial, that was extremely good at easing the player into a whole new paradigm shift. I also love that you guys provided a chance and opportunity for us to get shards for players and get shards for ships even when we didn't have those player to begin with. My stomach and heart sank when I saw that Grand moff Tarkin was 80 shards and I had never even dreamed of recruiting/activating him and then there you guys were, offering 80 Shards to Activate Moff Tarkin. So I love that you guys all thought out to include everyone as best you can ans as much as possible.

I also love that the Character Stats carry over from the Character to their Ship Piloting. My Genoshan Soldier is a beast in Arena/GW and sure enough, even when he's in a ship, he's a beast. So that was extremely impressive and well thought out.

A few first impressions that I Noticed:

1. I hate to be the one to say this/point this out, it's a bit crass/crude but I know you guys strive to keep things rated PG on the game but the Slave 1 Hardware Abilities looks a bit like a phallic symbol. I dunno if that can be tweaked somehow but I wanted to bring it to you guys' attention.

2. I was going to mention speed/tm but I think I answered my own statement by realizing the speed stat on the regular character screen transfers to ships. I also wanted to bring up the lack of Taunt Removal from any of the provided ships as Mace Windu can provide that. However I see now Ahsoka has the ability to remove buffs which is great but in these early stages we're all at the mercy of that Taunt provided by mace

3.I can't fully remember what the third thing is/was because I got so excited typing this at the beginning my mind blanked on why I started the post in the first place. if I think of it I'll let you guys know. One other side suggestion/thing to think about is Maybe letting us do the Ship Challenges 3 times like the Regular Challenges in the Cantina?

4. Now I remember! You can't purchase "Ship Building Materials" from the Data Card Store the way you can purchase Credits. I realized this when I blew them unnecessarily and ran out prematurel, no way to spend Crystals or money on them. That might be something to consider going forward as well

All in all those are extremely small and minute things considering the magnitude of this Launch. Keep up the great work and keep making this the great game it is. I love the music change for the ships area too btw. Just extremely thought out, and sophisticated additions throughout. Can't wait to see what's next and happy holidays if I don't hear back or hear back in time!
  • Options
    This makes the game take too much time. Poorly executed. Ships should have been independent from the existing game. It is an obvious money grab. It adds unnecessary complexity to a nice simple game.

Agreed but a developer needs money to expand and itll get tweak over a few months
  • Options
    This is awesome. I was frustrated awhile after the Mod fiasco. This far and away exceeded my expectations of ships for this game. I love it. You guys did an amazing job.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    So unless I'm mistaken, once you complete the tutorial, this becomes a p2p mode. You only get 5 ships for free but Tier II of challenges requires 6 ships. I tried buying a ship pack for 499, got 15/25 Wedge's X-wing shards. Never buying that junk again, will stick to regular characters. Unless they make the ships properly farmable VERY soon, I have the feeling that only P2P will stick with the ships :(
  • Options
    Sithlord82 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous?? By releasing a day early on Monday anyone in US timezones is able to play all 3 ship challenges as its Monday. Anyone in EU and AS is already on Tuesday and only gets the Ackbar challenge. Instantly giving those players an advantage?? How can that be called fair??

I'm in the United States and I think it's unfair that you get all of the updates, events, and tournaments a day early. That's what's ridiculous.
  • Options
    How long until we start getting r2 units? I notice there's a spot for them...
  • Options
    I'm curious how exactly the Crew Member effects the stats of the ship. I can see that the higher power a crew member is, the higher power the ship is, but is there anything other than the character power stat that increases the ship stat?
    For example, the ship has a speed boost because of the crew member. Is it simply the speed goes up for every certain increase in the crew's power? (Making this up) So for every 1,000 power, it gets a 5 speed boost? The same goes for other stats as well, just using this as an example.
  • Options
    Next to the crew icon there is an ability and it says crew and crew power. My guess is that ability is directly tied to the crew power.
This discussion has been closed.