Droid ships

Prev1
Not a single ship available for droid users?
It's a little disappointing for those running droids, since they are basically the only alternative to meta teams, it looks like we need to run the same toons as everyone else

Replies

• Options
    I am sure at least IG88 will get his ship - but yes even Genosians get 3(!) ships....

At least Droid users have to wait for ships while have some fun at AAT Raid and still forms a solid Arena Squad.
  • Options
    Geonosians get 3 ships, but the solid synergy isn't really there because Geo Spy is P2P.

Droids should have at least a couple ships.
  • Options
    Droids users believe they can conquer all aspects of this game, arena, aat and tourneys. Ships are the first where 5-6 toon are not sufficient.
  • DronGarath
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Looks like the whole droid class was missed. :(
  • Options
    Wookash wrote: »
    Droids users believe they can conquer all aspects of this game, arena, aat and tourneys. Ships are the first where 5-6 toon are not sufficient.

It's not a matter of being insufficient, it's a matter of being completely absent. 100% waste between droid characters and ships; those of us who haven't been playing for months (so don't have deep rosters) and have been focusing on droids are pretty far behind right now because droids have no presence whatsoever.
  • Options
    Separatist is in the filter list though, and with GG being available in fleet shipments I think he could possibly be an upcoming Separatist Fleet Commander :)
  • Options
    Jevon wrote: »
    Separatist is in the filter list though, and with GG being available in fleet shipments I think he could possibly be an upcoming Separatist Fleet Commander :)

That would be cool, though again unfortunate for anyone who is going droids and doesn't have a super deep roster from many months of playing.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    There will definitely be droids and more in the future. Right now they only have 22 ships so I think we just need to be patient.
  • Options
    Sorry to the droid players. I was very pleasantly surprised to see so many of my clones represented.
  • Options
    I read through the data mine and, while I only saw names and don't want to spoil anything for those that want the surprise, I'm pretty sure droid users will be happy in the future once more ships are introduced. This could be totally wrong, buuut I doubt it. Have faith! You shall be taken care of as well :)
  • Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    Geonosians get 3 ships, but the solid synergy isn't really there because Geo Spy is P2P.

No he isn't. He has a Cantina node farm. He hasn't been p2p for a couple of weeks now.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

No he isn't. He has a Cantina node farm. He hasn't been p2p for a couple of weeks now.

Ah, my bad
  • Options
    Thanks Vertigo :)
  • Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    I read through the data mine and, while I only saw names and don't want to spoil anything for those that want the surprise, I'm pretty sure droid users will be happy in the future once more ships are introduced. This could be totally wrong, buuut I doubt it. Have faith! You shall be taken care of as well :)

Was looking at it and don't see how those will tie into current droids, though I'm now hopefully that my work will not be in vain
  • Options
    They should add Vulture Droids that don't have crew or a CIS Transport with B2
  • Widget_gadget
    875 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Geo spy is farmable in cantina 4b. Droids didn't get any zeta upgrades either. Maybe they are thought to be strong enough already.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    HK-47 definitely needs to pilot the Ebon Hawk
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    We also need Ewok ships. And Tusken ships. And Nightsister ships. And Jawa ships.

And you get a ship! And you get a ship! And you get a ship!

But seriously, I hope they try to stick to characters who are canonically associated with a particular spaceship. As someone mentioned, HK-47 would work.
  • Options
    HK should get Ebon Hawk and IG88 the IG2000 Ship - since Droids are well implented at the current game, it should be easier to design at least those two ships than other "new character + ship" bundles for future updates - maybe we get an update with General and/or Nute as a Fleetcommander and a bunch Droid + Geo.Ships(Shards).
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    i expect the Droid Control Ship for separatists having Nute Gunray as crew to be the next fleet. However, the current droids to not fit to Nute Droids (except B2), so maybe he will commander Geo's only at the beginning. Or maybe the Malevolence with Dooku and/or GG as crew? Hmmm ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    To the OP, I feel your pain buddy.

I thought that we might have gotten IG-2000 for IG-88 and maybe the Aggressor for IG-86 as it could have used the same model with a variant texture.

The Ebon Hawk for 47 is a bit too much of a stretch as it would bring another 'discouraged' EU name into the game and 47 was never actually the pilot.

I was also hoping that Grievous would get his fighter too (he's too rare to be a worthwhile commander from a dev perspective and I agree with the earlier suggestion that Gunray will take the Separatist job).

The fact that none of these things appeared makes me think they're simply holding them back. Most of the updates we get are developed months in advance of release. They probably have nearer 60 ships coded but opted to give us a shallow but quite wide spread in the initial release.

I think we'll see character releases of CW-era droids first and they'll flange them into being crew for CW-era droid ships...
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    IG-2000! Bring it!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    i expect the Droid Control Ship for separatists having Nute Gunray as crew to be the next fleet. However, the current droids to not fit to Nute Droids (except B2), so maybe he will commander Geo's only at the beginning. Or maybe the Malevolence with Dooku and/or GG as crew? Hmmm ...

Nute gunray was a member of the trade federation, not a military general or commander. General Grievous was the official leader of the seperatist military (hes a general).
  • Options
    the ebon hawk was used by the pilot (Atton Rand, Carth Onasi and Revan) but T3-M4 was also a pilot in at least an occasion
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    Where the heck is the ewok fleet? Must be coming in August!
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »

Nute gunray was a member of the trade federation, not a military general or commander. General Grievous was the official leader of the seperatist military (hes a general).

Nute is explicitly called a Separatist throughout The Clone Wars series.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    But he's not a military commander. He's like Palpatine/Vader to Tarkin - high ranking member but not in charge of military assets. Makes the CEO decisions but leaves all the messy stuff to the COO
  • Options
    General Grievous's Ship: Immediately retreats after a single hit.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    @CaptainRex that comment + your profile = total awesomeness :lol:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    @CaptainRex yeah but the deal is that as a fleet commander his ship can't be hit so our General will not run away as he usually does^^

@SifuSteve I think you are right about the Droid ships - developers will have them ready, because we also have so many ships from clone wars, hell even Clone Sarge has a fighter (...) so i hope the main enemy (Droids) from this era will also gain a spotlight. I also hope we see IG2000 soon, can't wait to enter Dogfights with my deadly IG88!