Ships, are they worth it for F2P? Game strategy.

I think that FP2 players should just forget about these ships. They should continue to develop their core characters, buy Rex, Sun Fac shards, buy gear in new fleet arena shipments and so on instead of blueprints and ships. What do you think?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    How do you expect to keep buying those things without earnings?
  • Options
    If you never do more than the bare minimum ship stuff for your dailies, you'll still get 800 fleet store coins. I'd say this update is really good for the FTP crowd.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

You will get 800 coins every day anyway
  • Options
    I'm a reformed P2P player. You don't need to be a whale for ships, the payout structure is much better than regular arena. You can get 800 tokens a day barely trying.

You probably aren't going to be top 5 early on outside day 1 but build a moderate force focusing on your current strongest toon pilots so you don't spend resources leveling toons you don't need like clone sarg, RP etc.

Build ships at a moderate rate and be happy w 100th place and getting 1200 tokens instead of top 5.

So moderate ship building focused on toons you already have leveled and spend half tokens on ships and half on gear/toon shards you want.

That's my advice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    PRIMEN wrote: »

You will get 800 coins every day anyway

I just don't get why you would avoid at least a minimal interaction that would allow you to develop faster. Game play is the only way to develop as f2p and your suggestion is to ignore it......all that will lead to is falling behind.

Why play a game if your not interested in the content?

And you do realize that this is inly the beginning, more elements will be woven together and into ships. Guild wars.
  • Options
    Lol, I'm really lucky to be with a F2P group for ship wars:P. Finished 19th without even trying (I was at #25 when I first unlocked)
  • Options
    I think that FP2 players should just forget about these ships. They should continue to develop their core characters, buy Rex, Sun Fac shards, buy gear in new fleet arena shipments and so on instead of blueprints and ships. What do you think?

I think I play this game for fun, and ships look like fun.
  • Options
    Why play a game if your not interested in the content?
    I didn't say that I'm not interested. For example, I'm not ready for this content, maybe I want to get Rex, Sun Fac shards and some gear first instead of ships.
  • Options
    Lol, I'm really lucky to be with a F2P group for ship wars:P. Finished 19th without even trying (I was at #25 when I first unlocked)
    Yes, you are!
  • Options
    Why?
    a) It is fun;
    b) you can develope your rooster with ships as well.
  • Options
    To answer your post title, yes it's worth it, it's -free-. There's no conflict between getting a toon and getting their ship. A player can get Biggs in GW and his ship in fleet shipments. No problem.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i won't use all the avialable resources to progress my ships, but i will develop my ships. It has no downside to do so.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It's defenitly worth. Even if you ignore Ships you will get (800 Coins) for free per day. You can by 10 Toon-Shards from this. Toons like Cody, Bistan and Sun Fac. ;-)
  • Options
    As a f2p, I only had one of the free unlock pilots geared and leveled well-ish (Jedi Consular, g8, level 60, 6*). The rest were under-geared and leveled, and low stars (other than RP, who was 7* but level 37 and g2). I did some minimal gearing (a couple to g6, a couple to g7, primarily with stuff sitting around) and leveling (to level 50 to equip gears). I'm sticking with Tarkin as my fleet commander, because with the shards we got for free, he is now 6* and g8. Ackbar and Mace I only unlocked yesterday.

My strategy is simple -- focus on getting ships for people I have well geared/leveled/starred (Wiggs, Ashoka) and upgrading the ships we've been given.I can do this from GW (I had about 21k GW currency sitting), and I will use my ship store currency for the same. Once I feel I can stay at least within the top 200 consistently, I may spend some of the currency on some other characters and gears. But for now, I want to at least make sure that I'm staying (relatively competitive). The nice thing is that the payout structure is much more balanced.
  • Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    It's defenitly worth. Even if you ignore Ships you will get (800 Coins) for free per day. You can by 10 Toon-Shards from this. Toons like Cody, Bistan and Sun Fac. ;-)

Cody???
    Or you mean Rex? Cause I had rex on ships shop today
  • Options
    Even if you aren't interested in ships, there is interesting stuff in the ship store, like hard to farm purple gear. Actually, I am interested in ships and still will likely spend my tokens for this gear instead of ship blueprints, for now at least.
  • Options
    I think you should just do what you think is fun! Come on, it's a game! It's not the UEFA Champions League where you end up with a huge amount of money and glory for winning!
  • Options
    Kit_Fisto wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »

Cody???
    Or you mean Rex? Cause I had rex on ships shop today

All clones that weren't previously farmable are in the shop
  • Options
    Yes for many reasons, but here's the big one:

It's free, dude! It doesn't cost you a darn thing--no credits, no gear, no energy. Just develop the free ships and sit as high on the Arena ranking as you can--which won't be as good as Arena, but a lot of us are in the same boat (so to speak) so the spenders are going to shoot up the rankings AND THEN YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN.

Ships are excellently implemented because you can interact with them as much or as little as you like. Hate them? Do one Arena fight a day, one challenge a day, train one a day, then spend all the resources you get from it on Darth Vader or Sun Fac or whoever.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes it is worth it.
    As others have said it is free, why not participate.

There are 3 new daily activities added based on ships, don't do them and you are missing out on crystals, credits no daily omega etc.

So go ahead and ignore ships but your progression will slow even more

ko3wD1l.png
    dqHTzWE.png
    c8HuDVn.png
  • Options
    Yes, they are worth it. As mentioned, it is a completely free area of gameplay. At a minimum, do your dailies (because you have to for your completion) and you will get a minimum of 2 purchases from fleet shipments/day, allowing you to farm previously p2p characters at the same rate as Arena Shipments.
  • Options
    Is it worth it? It's an absolute must do if you don't want to fall behind.
  • Options

This is very poor advice.

For FTP players who are just collectors or just like to use this game to kill a couple hours its a nice alternative to arena/gw/etc. While the format is similar to those its different enough to be interesting.

For FTP players like me who are competitive this format allows you access to incredibly good toons and it also is almost certainly going to have more guild and tourney/event activities centered around ship battles. It would be ridiculously silly to ignore something like this since the resource crossover between ships/toons will likely become more intertwined than this initial offering.

Just as some people argued that developing scoundrels for the heist was a bad idea initially some are arguing against investing time in ships. Do not listen to them if you like being competitive.
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but where are y'all seeing you get 800 tokens for dailies. I don't see that.
  • Options
    Rank 501+ in Ship Arena gets 800 ship shop currency and 72k ship building materials.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Jaidix496 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but where are y'all seeing you get 800 tokens for dailies. I don't see that.

minimum pay-out at fleet arena = 800 tokens
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Ah gotcha, thanks.