Finally finished the AAT Droid Tank Takedown Raid!

MarsAmbassador69
149 posts Member
edited November 2016
Wow, that was ridiculous. And what did I get for finishing #2 in my guild? Sienar Holos, Zaltin Bacta and a gold crafting mat that's already available in Challenges. Plus 2 other high end new crafting mats that I can't even use yet.

"No reward is worth this!"- Han Solo
"No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo

Replies

• Options
    What did it cost your guild to start the raid? And what did you lose in the process?
  • Options
    I feel you... we are 50% done with our Phase 2 and i can't even count the days it's been anymore. I have done close to 10million damage myself already and feel the reward for this 2 month grind is pointless
  • Options
    Do you have someone recruiting stronger players or have you considered a merge? This is end game content.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Options
    What did it cost your guild to start the raid? And what did you lose in the process?

He lost time.
  • Options

Hours of time. I understand that this is end game content but there are guilds with a few near end game players in them. My guild has just started phase 4 and I'm up to 33mil damage, I know that everyone will say to just join a different guild but I've been with my guild from day one and there's no way I'm leaving them. I would love for 'normal' to have its health cut in half as that would allow us to complete the raid in about the third of the time we are now with more interest from our guild.
    We're a heroic rancor guild and completing normal tank in say 3-4 weeks rather than nearly three months seems a little more suitable doesn't it?
  • Options
    Firman wrote: »

Hours of time. I understand that this is end game content but there are guilds with a few near end game players in them. My guild has just started phase 4 and I'm up to 33mil damage, I know that everyone will say to just join a different guild but I've been with my guild from day one and there's no way I'm leaving them. I would love for 'normal' to have its health cut in half as that would allow us to complete the raid in about the third of the time we are now with more interest from our guild.
    We're a heroic rancor guild and completing normal tank in say 3-4 weeks rather than nearly three months seems a little more suitable doesn't it?

+1
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't say change guilds - I wouldn't if I were in your shoes, and I wouldn't recommend anyone does.

What I'm saying is, aside from maybe half an hour a day, you aren't losing anything - only gaining. Experience and rewards. There's parts of the raid that are poorly designed (p1 & p3 especially), but in the process you (hopefully) learn and find out new strategies, improve your damage day to day, and figure out what you need to to to complete the raid. Though they may rework it slightly, there's parts that aren't going to change. For those that are still working on their first, you have more experience than any one else in each phase, so your input is valuable. Throwing a tantrum and saying its **** isn't productive. Giving real feedback is. And your the types of guilds they want feedback from. Not guilds like mine who take a few days for normal or those who demolish heroics.
  • Options
    That's the problem though, half an hour per day for over two months adds up to 40+ hours. I believe more good will come from halving the 'normal' health than harm, more guilds like mine will be more interested in it. What harm actually comes from doing this?
    keep heroic as is, it's something for bigger guilds to strive for.
  • Options
    As for not losing anything, it depends on which way you look at it.
    I'm losing out on rewards that those around me in my arena shard are getting, therefore I'm losing out on progress in every other part of the game in comparison to everyone else.
  • Options
    Our guild literally gave up on the raid. We are just doing heroic hoping for some game breaking bug to win it lol. Way too much, at least add a lower tier. It has been a month
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wow, that was ridiculous. And what did I get for finishing #2 in my guild? Sienar Holos, Zaltin Bacta and a gold crafting mat that's already available in Challenges. Plus 2 other high end new crafting mats that I can't even use yet.

"No reward is worth this!"- Han Solo

2nd best loser in your guild I guess with that attitude

• Options
    That's the problem though, half an hour per day for over two months adds up to 40+ hours. I believe more good will come from halving the 'normal' health than harm, more guilds like mine will be more interested in it. What harm actually comes from doing this?

Halving the health isn't the whole issue - I don't even feel it's the biggest one. You can half the health but the balance between p1&p3 v. P2&p4 is still ridiculous. Even for our guild, 1&3 take more than 1 refresh, whereas 2&4 can be done in hours. But yes, cutting the health by 25-50% is a start, so long as they address the phase balancing. It doesn't need to be soloable, but being able to do 60-80% less damage in 1&3 versus 2&4 seems off.

• Options

Halving the health isn't the whole issue - I don't even feel it's the biggest one. You can half the health but the balance between p1&p3 v. P2&p4 is still ridiculous. Even for our guild, 1&3 take more than 1 refresh, whereas 2&4 can be done in hours. But yes, cutting the health by 25-50% is a start, so long as they address the phase balancing. It doesn't need to be soloable, but being able to do 60-80% less damage in 1&3 versus 2&4 seems off.

Ahh yeah, I agree with that, but that's the same as the rancor isn't it? Phase 4 is far harder than phase 1. Anyway, I guess we'all just have to wait and find out what changes are made and go from there. Good chat :)
  • Options
    And now you get to do it again!
  • Options
    We are now 60% down in Phase 1:-)
    It's really a bit ridiculous..