I don't like Vader in the fleet shop

He is Vader. He should be tough to get and rewarding when you max.

The grind to get him then 7* him was good. You can get him so quickly now.

If everyone has him maxed, he's less special, and also, his performance should reflect that. The rarer he is the more OP he can be and abilities you can give him.

Eventually everyone will have him, but the grind was appropriate for Vader.

A hallmark of this game is starring him up and it makes me appreciate using him at 7* so much more. Why did you take my unicorn away

Replies

• Options
    He isnt so often in the shipments. All ok
  • Options
    I've had him 4x in fleet shipments. I agree, Vader should not be in there. Defiantly takes away from how special he is.
  • Options
    Once whales could reset shard shipment store this became moot.

He has not been an actual accomplishment for months.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are using your ship store tokens to get him, you are either really into him, or you are just using it to finish him off.

I don't really see a new to mid player farming him over ships and toons that they "need".

I have no problem with him there I'm at 66/100 and I still don't pick him up that much. I might now that I have his ship, but still.

• Options
    Once whales could reset shard shipment store this became moot.

He has not been an actual accomplishment for months.

Agreed
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Vader needs rework
  • Options
    Noe17 wrote: »
    Vader needs rework

His zeta abillity is rework enough. Now to start the zeta grind.
  • Options
    And for f2p? What percentage of your shard spends crystals on shard shop. Whales are fewer. And if they spent in shard shop, they all have everyone anyway.

@Kyno I don't agree, new players who want him can and will farm him now without working for him, which I think was cool. I would have, and he wouldn't be as good as he is after the grind. It was a great part of the game. I was excited to unlock, 5*,6* and finally 7* him. He was amazing as a unicorn, and is special at 7* now because of that and the fact it's Vader.

And you should want him. It's Vader.. And that ties to when I say the rarer he is, or the harder to obtain, the more special you can make him. If he's easy to obtain, it's harder to justify him being so strong in arena, and I think being Vader he would be a popular farm anyway. I use him in arena and have since I got EP and he was more viable, you need an arena team, and you can prioritise him for an arena team.

If you couldn't prioritise Vader for an arena team, I'd say something is going wrong. And it was great to have him through the grind than so immediately accessible.

You say that last bit as a developed player I believe, you need Zeta. New players get ships at 60, and will have a lot more time to spend on characters before they need to upgrade their ships. And even if they completely prioritise Zetas, which you can work on from GW as well. they can do him once that's done which shouldn't take too long. He's just not as rare any more, it's a shame.

@Noe17 arguably, arguably a new ability and/or a unique. I have dominated in arena with him since I got EP, though. The reason I'd possibly agree is that it's a problem for me if he can't pull his weight without EP, and its much harder for him to compete without EP. As per what I said above If you want him to be better I think you should want him to still be rare like he was.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Noe17 wrote: »
    Vader needs rework

Agreed. His basic attack at least needs more damage, or just speed him up a bit or give him less cooldown time. Something for heaven sake.

I have him at 66/100 - but he is my 5th top toon in my roster. Having said that, he cannot pull his weight in pretty much any battle - unless he is paired with EP - who I don't have, so Vader sits on the sidelines for me.

Although I don't have him yet to 7*, I do not like him being in Fleet Shipments (personally I haven't seen him there yet).

I have worked hard through the grind of getting him and upgrading him through achieves and also through the shard shop (I always keep a surplus of shard shop currency so I can snap him up when I see him).

Now here's another spot to farm him. I agree this takes away from how special he is and how hard he is to get and should be removed. Put his ship blue prints in there instead, lol
  • Options
    i'm farming him and wedge there since i don't care about ships
  • Options
    Have you thought that maybe vader is becoming the lesser prize character to have in order to make way for a second prized character to have such as jedi luke?
  • Options
    @Boo he isn't awful. Culling blade can smash people into the dirt more than any ability in the game. ability block is actually really strong as well. He perhaps needs to be a bit more independent from EP through another ability and/or a unique, and yes his basic could be a little stronger although like I said the utility of ability block is amazing.

I have dominated in arena with him. Him and EP were even my only dps for a while before TFP, and it was actually fine. After a round or two they would take over. He isn't awful and is good under EP.

But why buff him so much now he is not even special. He is Vader, everyone will have a Vader team if you do.
  • Options
    @Brandonρ I have. That would be interesting. But still I liked the grind for him and it is a good way to allow him to be really strong in arena. People build other teams in the meantime of maxing him which takes a really long time.
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    I've had him 4x in fleet shipments. I agree, Vader should not be in there. Defiantly takes away from how special he is.

Unless they are gearing up for jedi luke to take his place
  • Options
    I don't like him in the shop either. Let's face it; not all toons are created equal. Some are really good (the new General Kenobi sounds pretty damned awesome), and some are just, well, pathetic (Mob Enforcer, Coruscant Police).

Vader was a special toon and a reward for persistent and loyal play. You could get him, but you had to play and work at it. Just making him a buy in the shop kind of takes that away. But to be honest, I wasn't thrilled when they gave everyone the three fleet command characters, either. Kinda made them less special, too.
  • Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    And you should want him. It's Vader.. And that ties to when I say the rarer he is, or the harder to obtain, the more special you can make him. If he's easy to obtain, it's harder to justify him being so strong in arena, and I think being Vader he would be a popular farm anyway. I use him in arena and have since I got EP and he was more viable, you need an arena team, and you can prioritise him for an arena team.

With regards to the rarity being tied to arena power, rey has 3 hard nodes and is in guild shipments too, also had a pack for her when she came out and she was the top toon in arena for a long while, and on a 1-1 scale she is still far superior to Vader in every aspect except for direct survivability (not factoring her foresight). So rarity really has no weight at all when it comes to how much power the devs give a toon unfortunately
  • Options
    He is Vader. He should be tough to get and rewarding when you max.

The grind to get him then 7* him was good. You can get him so quickly now.

If everyone has him maxed, he's less special, and also, his performance should reflect that. The rarer he is the more OP he can be and abilities you can give him.

Eventually everyone will have him, but the grind was appropriate for Vader.

A hallmark of this game is starring him up and it makes me appreciate using him at 7* so much more. Why did you take my unicorn away

Agreed. He should only be available in dailies, and not be allowed in shards shop or fleet shipments.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Cardiff0 ships don't unlock that early.

They will need to have decent ships toons to earn from arena and if they don't invest in those then they will fall behind which means decreased earning...couple that with the rng of him showing up, they might as well be farming grevous....it's gonna take the work.
  • Options
    jarael wrote: »
    i'm farming him and wedge there since i don't care about ships

You will regret not caring... ships will spill to the "regular" game soon.
  • Options
    Well good thing you guys do not run the show, I am close to 7* and now I may finally get him sooner rather then another year of farming!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    While I get all the same feelings, truth is no hero stays exclusive forever. He's still gonna take considerable time to farm even if you're using fleet shipments. Remember, we had him first. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I don't like him in Fleet Shipments either. But there he is. And now I'm at 83/100 ... only 17 more to go!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    He's nothing special like he shoulda been, major ball droppage by this game and players shouldnt be in a rush to get disappointed.
  • Options
    I will finish farming him that way since im a bit away off the achievements that would get me the last 32 shards. He will likely stay on my gw f squad which i never use anyways.
  • Options
    maybe its just my bad luck, however I do not see him often enough for it to be a problem. I've seen vader twice and GG once since patch went live.
  • Options
    @ShaolinPunk he's not exclusive like others behind a paywall who come out eventually. unlock takes a very reasonable amount of time. 5* didn't take much longer. 6 and 7 took a long time and that made it worth it. You can build him at all the star levels. Now, it won't take that long to 6* and 7* and really max him out, and the grind will not be special because of how much quicker it is now.

Also others are temporarily exclusive through pay, he was earned through grind which is so different. It made me want to play so much more.

He isnt bad guys. @RU486 He is perfectly viable vs meta teams under EP. I have dominated arena with him. He could do with a little changing perhaps, but he isn't bad. And he could be made even better if everyone wasn't going to quickly 7* him now. He's the only guy who can hit for 100k. He can be worked on and made better also. But less so now they have made him easy to max. IDK if I even want a solid buff to him any more as absolutely everyone will just use him now, he is really fine and not overused as DPS through debuffs and ability blocker.

@Dark_Jedi if you are close to max and think this was beneficial for you then perhaps you should be annoyed too as he isn't that much better at 7. Also you don't know how great completing the grind is.

@Kyno if they want Vader which you'd think and hope many would want him, because you'd hope he's good enough to want, they can farm him immediately from fleet shipments. I don't see it being a problem for newer players who would want to prioritise him. 150 shards over time will end up costing you 12k ship tokens, only about 10 days worth, and that is spread over time of him showing up, allowing you to get other stuff too. Besides, I don't think a new player would fall far behind anyway if not buying ships immediately. Apart from for unlocking challenges, Ship stars aren't really necessary right away

I've seen him 3 or 4 times now. It's a huge increase in his farmability, he can and will be be 5*d, 6*d and maxed far quicker and easier than before. For dolphins farming him really quickly is also an option through refreshes, and dolphins are more numerous than whales.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Boo he isn't awful. Culling blade can smash people into the dirt more than any ability in the game. ability block is actually really strong as well. He perhaps needs to be a bit more independent from EP through another ability and/or a unique, and yes his basic could be a little stronger although like I said the utility of ability block is amazing.

I have dominated in arena with him. Him and EP were even my only dps for a while before TFP, and it was actually fine. After a round or two they would take over. He isn't awful and is good under EP.

But why buff him so much now he is not even special. He is Vader, everyone will have a Vader team if you do.

The last ewok event thing that ran (where you have a team of empire and/or droids to work with) I was on the hardest difficulty, last stage it was down to my Vader and Chirpa.

Chirpa had way, way less energy than my Vader and I was laughing, such a close battle!

Who do you think won?

That right... a **** little ewok kicked Vader's ****! - how in the star wars universe is that even possible?

If Vader's basic was but a tad stronger I would have won that. Did all I could not to crush it, and blast it into oblivion (my phone).
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I just bought more blueprints for Fives' starfighter and failed to check for vader shards.

Having spent the last of my fleet currency - I then noticed 5 lovely vader shards, just sitting there to be purchased.

Right now - I am a little peeved to say the least.