The Underpowered Guild's Guide to Clearing Heroic AAT - The "Super Team" Strategy.

Prev13
Hovahdo
553 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hello SWGOH community, I'm the GM of Alpha Squad, an independent guild that has managed to clear heroic AAT and currently has it on farm status. When AAT first came out, we cleared regular AAT in 6 refreshes but we knew we were light-years away from a heroic kill. We also took that time to read up on the heroic strategies published by TI / Team Skunk. In general, there was a consensus that you needed 50 players that had the ability to do "2 % per phase." The reality is that Alpha Squad has 2-3 whales, some dolphins, some guppies, and lots of F2P. We had under 10 players that can clear 2% per phase so our chances of clearing heroic AAT with the generally published strats were slim to none. We persevered and did some research and discovered that great teams can do 5 to 10% in a single phase with the right gear, mods, strategies, player skill, AND of course RNG. With this in mind, we formulated the "Super Team" strategy. This strategy has been deployed by Alpha Squad as well as other underpowered guilds that we've shared it with - with good success. If you're in a guild struggling with getting your players to build 4 viable heroic AAT teams, perhaps you start asking your guild to build one or two "Super Teams" and give this strategy a shot.

The general guild roster guidelines are as follows:

1) Each player is responsible for building 1 to 2 amazing "Super Teams" that can do 5% or more in a phase. Given the Wiggs meta, many players already have a "Super Team" in hand - Rebels
2) A core of 2 to 5 heavy hitters will be expected to contribute 5% or more in 3 to 4 phases
3) Don't spread yourselves thin trying to build 4 teams to tackle heroic. Build 1 to 2 teams at G10/G11 with excellent mods and shoot for north of 5%. "G11 or Bust" is our guild motto.
4) DO NOT throw away skilled players with thin rosters. As of now, we've killed heroic 4 times. We have 5 to 6 players that have a grand total of ONE (1) heroic AAT ready team (maxed rebels) and little of anything else. Other heroic guilds have rejected these players, but they find a home with Alpha Squad because we only ask for one amazing run (4 to 6%) and then they can do 1% in the other phases.
5) DO NOT worry so much about escaping/retreating with your toons, just get the best attempt possible. If you can pull 5% in a phase with your Super Team, it doesn't matter that they all died in the process of pulling that amazing run.

The Super Team Strategy by Phase:

Phase 1 (20 to 30 good Jedi Teams)
- Team: Jedis (IGD, Aayla, Anakin leads are all viable)
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average Jedis, Superteam Jedis aim for 5 to 7%
- One attack only, if your Jedi can't do 2%, skip the phase and save Jedi for phase 3

Phase 2 (All your Droid teams with a little help from Rebels)
- Team: Droids (HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE), if you do not have Nebit, you may substitute with GG or IG100
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average to good Droids, Super Team Droids: 6 to 9%
- One attack only per player
- If your guild lacks the droid firepower to finish P2, send 5 to 10 rebel squads after your droids go to complete phase 2

Phase 3 (ZERG ZERG ZERG)
- Teams: Chirpatine, Teebotine, Jawas, or Jawa Mix (3 Jaws + 2 others)
- Damage Goal: 2% for Teebotine and Jawas. Superteam Chirpaltines: 4 to 6%
- SEND ALL TEAMS EXCEPT FOR REBELS (B, C, D Teams)
- B, C, and D teams should aim for 50 to 100k in damage (0.5 to 1%)

Phase 4 (30 to 35 Rebel Super Teams Close it Out)
- Team: Rebels - Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Leia (or Solo), Scarif Rebel Patfinder (or STH or AA)
- Damage Goal: Regular Rebels: 2%, Superteam Rebels: 6 to 10%
Post edited by Hovahdo on

Replies

• Options
    Awesome guide. Those are the same strategies we used to clear our first heroic AAT today and like you, we have a F2P majority within the guild. Congrats on heroics! :)
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Tie Fighter Pilot is a huge benefit in p3 alongside Palpatine. Works very much the same, TM from debuffs.
  • Options
    @Bifidus_Activus could we try this?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Ewoks no good then? (Lol)
  • Options
    Actually, they're surprisingly good in P3. A guy in my guild got 354k in P3 with teebo (l), EE, ES, Phasma, qgj.
  • Options
    This strategy works =) We were an underpowered guild who couldn't even get through P3. Now we are clearing heroic using this strat!
  • Options
    This strategy works =) We were an underpowered guild who couldn't even get through P3. Now we are clearing heroic using this strat!

Thanks @Nicol_Bolas, congrats on your first kill.
  • Options
    Do u guys have any space on your guilds? Im a lvl 82 player i do 600 every single day, and expanding my roster
  • Options
    Congrats! Great to see guilds working together and using some ingenuity to clear the Heroic AAT raid.

This is actually how I approach my attacks in my guild during the Heroic AAT raid.

I have a Jedi team that can do 3% reliable damage in phase 1, droid team does 3% in phase 2, but I have no Chirpatine or Teebotine so I use mix of Jawas and St Han and Phasma which only does 1%. For phase 4 I use another Jedi team to kill the B2's and then bring in my Rebel team which does about 3% usually.

So I can't really do my 2% in phase 3, but am above average in the other 3 phases.
  • Options
    True that, we keep getting better
  • Options
    In the droid team for phase 2 geo soldier is a very good replacement for nebit, he acts just like a second 86 in that team and will put up similar #s as a team with nebit. Also great job on clearing heroic!
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    In the droid team for phase 2 geo soldier is a very good replacement for nebit, he acts just like a second 86 in that team and will put up similar #s as a team with nebit. Also great job on clearing heroic!

Will have to test that one day.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    +1, thanks for the tips. Gives me hope when my guild tries heroic AAT later this month.
  • Options
    Hovahdo wrote: »
    Hello SWGOH community, I'm the GM of Alpha Squad, an independent guild that has managed to clear heroic AAT and currently has it on farm status. When AAT first came out, we cleared regular AAT in 6 refreshes but we knew we were light-years away from a heroic kill. We also took that time to read up on the heroic strategies published by TI / Team Skunk. In general, there was a consensus that you needed 50 players that had the ability to do "2 % per phase." The reality is that Alpha Squad has 2-3 whales, some dolphins, some guppies, and lots of F2P. We had under 10 players that can clear 2% per phase so our chances of clearing heroic AAT with the generally published strats were slim to none. We persevered and did some research and discovered that great teams can do 5 to 10% in a single phase with the right gear, mods, strategies, player skill, AND of course RNG. With this in mind, we formulated the "Super Team" strategy. This strategy has been deployed by Alpha Squad as well as other underpowered guilds that we've shared it with - with good success. If you're in a guild struggling with getting your players to build 4 viable heroic AAT teams, perhaps you start asking your guild to build one or two "Super Teams" and give this strategy a shot.

The general guild roster guidelines are as follows:

1) Each player is responsible for building 1 to 2 amazing "Super Teams" that can do 5% or more in a phase. Given the Wiggs meta, many players already have a "Super Team" in hand - Rebels
    2) A core of 2 to 5 heavy hitters will be expected to contribute 5% or more in 3 to 4 phases
    3) Don't spread yourselves thin trying to build 4 teams to tackle heroic. Build 1 to 2 teams at G10/G11 with excellent mods and shoot for north of 5%. "G11 or Bust" is our guild motto.
    4) DO NOT throw away skilled players with thin rosters. As of now, we've killed heroic 4 times. We have 5 to 6 players that have a grand total of ONE (1) heroic AAT ready team (maxed rebels) and little of anything else. Other heroic guilds have rejected these players, but they find a home with Alpha Squad because we only ask for one amazing run (4 to 6%) and then they can do 1% in the other phases.
    5) DO NOT worry so much about escaping/retreating with your toons, just get the best attempt possible. If you can pull 5% in a phase with your Super Team, it doesn't matter that they all died in the process of pulling that amazing run.

The Super Team Strategy by Phase:

Phase 1 (20 to 30 good Jedi Teams)
    - Team: Jedis (IGD, Aayla, Anakin leads are all viable)
    - Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average Jedis, Superteam Jedis aim for 5 to 7%
    - One attack only, if your Jedi can't do 2%, skip the phase and save Jedi for phase 3

Phase 2 (All your Droid teams with a little help from Rebels)
    - Team: Droids (HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE), if you do not have Nebit, you may substitute with GG or IG100
    - Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average to good Droids, Super Team Droids: 6 to 9%
    - One attack only per player
    - If your guild lacks the droid firepower to finish P2, send 5 to 10 rebel squads to complete phase 2

Phase 3 (ZERG ZERG ZERG)
    - Teams: Chirpatine, Teebotine, Jawas, or Jawa Mix (3 Jaws + 2 others)
    - Damage Goal: 2% for Teebotine and Jawas. Superteam Chirpaltines: 4 to 6%
    - SEND ALL TEAMS EXCEPT FOR REBELS (B, C, D Teams)
    - B, C, and D teams should aim for 50 to 100k in damage (0.5 to 1%)

Phase 4 (30 to 35 Rebel Super Teams Close it Out)
    - Team: Rebels - Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Leia (or Solo), Scarif Rebel Patfinder (or STH or AA)
    - Damage Goal: Regular Rebels: 2%, Superteam Rebels: 6 to 10%

Nice! Thank you!

• PapaTortuga
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    deleted
    Post edited by PapaTortuga on
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks for posting. This is much more useful for the majority of guilds with typical players in mind. The whale mind set strategy is nice to look at but not realistic for most.
    Post edited by Winstar on
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you have theocrafted something similar but my guild is not there yet.
  • Malcontent4
    251 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Quality post. My guild is very close and using this as a framework. Thanks.
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Your guilds perseverance commands applaud. Good job!
  • Options
    For phase 4, I'd highly recommend leaving off SRP, STH, and AA all together. You can get much more damage out of it by using either Wiggs lando Han Leia or wiggs lando han/leia 5s. No taunts will be effective here since both B2s and both side turrets dispel status effects, making those tanks a useless dps slot. I'm not saying that the strategy isn't viable, but there are much better toons to farm up than tanks for P4. Save them for P3 where they'll do more good.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

Just the one that no one had ;)
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Very interesting! Thx for the guide!
  • angrythumbs
    334 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    For phase 4, I'd highly recommend leaving off SRP, STH, and AA all together. You can get much more damage out of it by using either Wiggs lando Han Leia or wiggs lando han/leia 5s. No taunts will be effective here since both B2s and both side turrets dispel status effects, making those tanks a useless dps slot. I'm not saying that the strategy isn't viable, but there are much better toons to farm up than tanks for P4. Save them for P3 where they'll do more good.

I have maxed rebels. usual core for p4 is wiggs, lando, leia. I use AA as the 5th for the double lando hit after topple. I have tried using blaze, sth, 5s, phasma etc and find that that toon always dies too soon b/c cant generate health on crits/kills from wedge's lead or does so little damage that it looses benefit of the slow. AA does not do a lot of damage but the 1-2 cleanses he gets off and the repeated tactical maneuvers seems to make it too hard for me to remove him. now having said that, the replacement toons I mentioned are usually 1 level from being maxed (g10, not 11) and perhaps playing a role.

also, anybody have success using blaze in a specific phase? his ability that does 20% max health damage to anybody w/out a buff actually hits quite hard during tank phases, he is just sooo slow.
  • Options

I respectfully disagree.
    I've done up to 1.5m with srp in lineup and never lower than 1.3m with all 5 chars lasting until enrage. Without srp or AA most times you will likely lose a char or two way before enrage
  • Options

I have maxed rebels. usual core for p4 is wiggs, lando, leia. I use AA as the 5th for the double lando hit after topple. I have tried using blaze, sth, 5s, phasma etc and find that that toon always dies too soon b/c cant generate health on crits/kills from wedge's lead or does so little damage that it looses benefit of the slow. AA does not do a lot of damage but the 1-2 cleanses he gets off and the repeated tactical maneuvers seems to make it too hard for me to remove him. now having said that, the replacement toons I mentioned are usually 1 level from being maxed (g10, not 11) and perhaps playing a role.

also, anybody have success using blaze in a specific phase? his ability that does 20% max health damage to anybody w/out a buff actually hits quite hard during tank phases, he is just sooo slow.

I use Baze in AAT heroic for P2 or 4. His AOE does tons of damage, 25k plus 12k critical to all turrets. To me, he is essential.
  • Options
    +1. As an Alpha Squad member, I can confirm that This strategy is gold.

One thing to add-- be creative with comps to see what can make a super team.

Try mixing EE or Rex in with your Jedi (not as lead). You may find that the one dispel you get off is more valuable than damage from Ahsoka.

Try using Phasma or Fives with your Rebels (Wedge lead with Biggs, plus whatever combo of Leia, Lando, or Chirrut/Baze if you actually have that as an option). That slow can net you an entire extra topple by saving you from damage instead of trying to tank or heal it.

In p3 get creative. Besides Palp-centric comps (a lot in our guild don't have him 7*), Some of our folks have had good success pairing OB lead with Jawa, or piling GS/TR in with them. Get 1-2% with those weird comps if you can, then collect 50k with each team of your roster trash. This is the toughest phase for most guilds.

In the end, you will be surprised by what your guild can do if you ask people to focus on 1-2 super teams instead of giving them 25 toons to work on.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @Hovahdo can you share your guild's swgoh.gg page? It might give a good indication about how strong the guild needs to be to clear heroic.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I hit over 2% phase 3 with Phasma (L) GS Rey Sthan and ee. Its a nice alternative if you don't have chirpatine yet...
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    @Hovahdo can you share your guild's swgoh.gg page? It might give a good indication about how strong the guild needs to be to clear heroic.

https://swgoh.gg/g/428/alpha-squad/. Also, we had gotten normal heroic down to two refreshes before downing heroic.