Now ships, next... vehicles?!

I haven't even fully enveloped myself in all that is Ships but can't help but hope for vehicles in the future; at-at, at-st, speeder bikes, t-47 air/snow speeders etc.

Anyone else? Just me?

Replies

• Options
    Meh. I don't really see how that'd add anything different. Ships at least have different mechanics (fleet commanders, reinforcements) and different ways to use existing characters (Clone Sgt, Plo Koon) and speeds up rare gear and shard acquisition (Stun Cuffs, Rex, Grevious).

What would vehicles add other than just more of that, but now on land?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Meh. I don't really see how that'd add anything different. Ships at least have different mechanics (fleet commanders, reinforcements) and different ways to use existing characters (Clone Sgt, Plo Koon) and speeds up rare gear and shard acquisition (Stun Cuffs, Rex, Grevious).

What would vehicles add other than just more of that, but now on land?

+1
  • Options
    Could have a mixed battlefield like veers commanding at at with an at St and then troopers on foot
  • Options
    Tulkas wrote: »
    Could have a mixed battlefield like veers commanding at at with an at St and then troopers on foot

Honestly, that sounds more like a raid than a discrete gameplay mode. Could be a helluva fun raid, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they'd make the game even bigger by adding a third arena.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Speculative posts are speculative. I'd love to drive an AT-AT though, even though I know they're death traps.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Maybe it's just cuz I used to play battlefront and was always keen to grab a vehicle if one was around and light up all the peons running around
  • Options

Yeah, like vehicles would be like the command ships as the toons would be fighting. This would be a cool way to do Galactic war.
  • Options
    I would LOVE vehicles. Tbh I was never a space type of guy but the ships did turn out pretty cool. The thing I still want to see most is a droideka character.
  • Options
    It would be funny to see the sand crawler used in a battle, piloted by all the jawas
  • Options
    Won't happen. If it did, General Veers might be anything except useless, and I'm pretty sure that's illegal in most places.
  • Options
    AT-AT, AT-ST, AAT, Speeder Bikes? I'm in!
  • Options
    What'd be kind of neat is a raid where your team formed the crew of a vehicle. It'd require predefined squads, which would make for an interesting twist.

Someone mentioned the sandcrawler earlier, so using that as an example--It would require at least 3 Jawas to pilot, but would gain stat benefits and abilities from up to five. The sandcrawler would be the only toon in your squad for that attack versus whatever the raid target was.
  • Options
    How many more things do you want to farm? Ships and Aat raid have a lot of us occupied between gear, toons, and ships for a good long while I would think.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to see vehicles as well. Would make yet more characters relevant. Not next month of course but why not for the second year anniversary.
  • Options
    Vehicles would be awesome. B)

Why not? :p
  • Options
    Right?! IMHO adding an at-st or something to the mix would be sickkkkk
  • Options
    I'm in
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Uuummmm, no.

Just no.

I mean I would play it but really do we need/want that??? Ships were planned from the beginning.
  • Options
    This could be a sub-section under ships. Then we would could all the sweet vehicles, like Clone Wars tanks, Ewoks on speeders, and podracers!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Exactly. I mean just recreating the hoth and endor battles would be worth it IMO
  • Options
    Any other thoughts?
  • CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    lol and then allow us to fight vehicles using ships
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Honestly, that sounds more like a raid than a discrete gameplay mode. Could be a helluva fun raid, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they'd make the game even bigger by adding a third arena.

+1
  • Options
    I'm thinking we keep fleet commanders for providing support and then have your characters pilot the vehicles on the surface. Mabye certain vehicles would be good against others. Or mabye ships in the air fleet commander in space and vehicles/characters on the ground for the the ultimate raid.