His Name Is Poggle

2Next

Replies

• Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    I understand you, I get the same feeling everytime I read "Rouge" instead of "Rogue One". Or Jedis, though the plural of Jedi is just Jedi, but sadly a lot of people don't even care.

The world is full of sheep's.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Sheep's what though?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I understand you, I get the same feeling everytime I read "Rouge" instead of "Rogue One". Or Jedis, though the plural of Jedi is just Jedi, but sadly a lot of people don't even care.

*Baaaaaa*
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    What's the dif poogle is the leader of geonosian and poggle is the dog. Same thing
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Well, people also consistently misspell "rogue" as "rouge", and a myriad of other words. It is what it is. Folks typing too fast and just not caring enough to fix it.

zn65m20h113o.jpeg

• Options

Because honestly it doesnt even matter.

Who cares if you misspelled one word on an online forum site about a kids game.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    doesnt

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    doesnt

• Options

It's a symptom of our times that people don't care anymore, but not a good one. Anyway what I meant was less about general spelling mistakes but more fandom related. It has to do with respect for the names, creations, the art itself... But well, if you consider this a "kids game" you might not truly understand.
  • Options

It's a symptom of our times that people don't care anymore, but not a good one. Anyway what I meant was less about general spelling mistakes but more fandom related. It has to do with respect for the names, creations, the art itself... But well, if you consider this a "kids game" you might not truly understand.

It is a kids game since SW is directed for kids but gets an adult audience since they watched the OT.

plus misspelling poggle as poogle really isnt that crazy and people didnt create them for respect they created them for $$$ i doubt SW would have even existed if there was no money involved
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    doesnt

Great counter.
  • Options
    I’ve been calling him Poogle for about three years because of this post.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    CaroCanon wrote: »
    I’ve been calling him Poogle for about three years because of this post.

Hi Futureman.
  • Options
    doesnt

Great counter.

It's so good you cant read it O:
  • Options
    doesnt

Great counter.

Can’t 😉

There’s a weird set of rules here. In another thread many moons ago, a French user posted complaining about matchmaking in “CAG”, and a couple of people poked fun at him for having the letters the wrong way round, even though he was writing the letters correctly for his own language.

I stood up for him, seeing as he was just calling it what it is called in his first language, and was mocked by a few forum users (including you @SemiGod if I recall correctly?) for doing so. Apparently it was all a bit of fun, and I should lighten up. “It’s just the internet”.

Yet, in other threads, when people make mistakes without any language barrier excuse, any attempt to point out the error is decried as petty pedantry.

Tough to play by the rules on this internet thing they’ve got these days!
  • Options
    doesnt

Great counter.

Can’t 😉

There’s a weird set of rules here. In another thread many moons ago, a French user posted complaining about matchmaking in “CAG”, and a couple of people poked fun at him for having the letters the wrong way round, even though he was writing the letters correctly for his own language.

I stood up for him, seeing as he was just calling it what it is called in his first language, and was mocked by a few forum users (including you @SemiGod if I recall correctly?) for doing so. Apparently it was all a bit of fun, and I should lighten up. “It’s just the internet”.

Yet, in other threads, when people make mistakes without any language barrier excuse, any attempt to point out the error is decried as petty pedantry.

Because not adding ',. On words isnt funny. However, others where people have awful english is funny.

The internet is full of trolls and hypocrites such as myself and almost everyone else.
  • Options
    So people who don’t speak English as a first language making mistakes is funny? But people who do speak it as a first language making mistakes isn’t?

I know we’ve been through this before, so it’s not really a question. 95%+ of your forum posts, which I enjoy, make me surprised you’d post something like that.
  • Options
    So people who don’t speak English as a first language making mistakes is funny? But people who do speak it as a first language making mistakes isn’t?

I know we’ve been through this before, so it’s not really a question. 95%+ of your forum posts, which I enjoy, make me surprised you’d post something like that.

Ima be honest.

When I'm sick / in pain I act very toxic and I apologize.

Like rn my arms injured and I'm just expressing my frustration in many ways:'P
  • Options
    doesnt

Great counter.

Can’t 😉

I'd say that in this case, like most other cases, it comes down to there being no one correct side on most debates. Typically circumstances decide the correct course of action rather than guidelines.

In this particular instance we are discussing in a thread dedicated to correct spelling and grammar (sort of anyway), as opposed to a thread who's main topic is something else.

I run into similar circumstances in a lot of things. My views are mainly about finding the level of moderation proper for most things. As an example: In politics this tends to make conservatives think I'm a liberal, while liberals think I'm a conservative.

Polarization of views and narrowing choices down to 2 really eliminates the variety necessary for the establishment of true individual comfort in my opinion.
  • Options

It is a kids game since SW is directed for kids but gets an adult audience since they watched the OT.

plus misspelling poggle as poogle really isnt that crazy and people didnt create them for respect they created them for $$$ i doubt SW would have even existed if there was no money involved
    The internet is full of trolls and hypocrites such as myself and almost everyone else.

Thank you for clarifying that at last. When you are just trolling to annoy people, I'm not going to fall for it anymore by trying to explain how disrespectful you are, or ask if you'd like to see your kids play the dark side stories of SWTOR. Btw. English is not my first language. B)
  • Options

Thank you for clarifying that at last. When you are just trolling to annoy people, I'm not going to fall for it anymore by trying to explain how disrespectful you are, or ask if you'd like to see your kids play the dark side stories of SWTOR. Btw. English is not my first language. B)

It depends.

Sometimes i troll sometimes idk what's going on / what I am doing.

Been helped a lot when I wasnt actually trolling lol
  • Options

Sheep is the plural of sheep . Or was that the joke
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.