Lando dropped my whole team with an aoe. This is balance?

Prev1
Plz devs. Everyone not running the cookie cutter wiggs lando st han team is falling out of top 100 of my shard. How is this fostering competition? It's get wiggs or fail right now. I understand incentivising certain toons to make sure people were ready for ships. Ships are here now, please end this nonsense. Make arena playable again

Replies

• Options
    Farm the next meta, wigs is already on the way out mate
  • Options
    Jedi or die! But I'm running out of jedi to farm :(
  • Options
    So it's too late to get Wiggy with it?
  • Options
    What's your team?
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good news for you. I just finished farming/gearing Wiggs which means they'll get nerfed in the next week or two ;)
  • Options
    Lmao the wheel must turn on. My gg profile is below! F2P.
  • Apoc88
    259 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think Wiggs still is OP. But I think there's more counters to them and more playable squads that can be used. So we have more diversity I think. My shard is still dominated by Wiggs rebel teams though. Don't see many of the new toons or many different teams yet
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Lando doesn't bother me. Wiggs can. About 20% of the time. However I do agree. They should do a better job of parity. Of 96 characters available there are about (being very lenient here) 20 that are viable. And each of those require the correct 2-4 other characters to make them viable.

Example: Lando alone in random team without any other rebels isn't a problem. But team him up with SThan... He becomes more.

I just really don't like random chars in the movie being better than the stars. That is like if they made greedo better than raid han. Or wedge better than Vader. Or Biggs better than Sidious...

Oh wait...

Seriously... If someone is an awesome pilot let them be awesome in ships... They shouldn't be better than the ultimate bravo alphas of the Universe.
  • Options
    Lando is fine as is and no you don't need a rebel team to get #1. I use empire and I fight a droid user every day for #1 im having more problems with droids then rebels all though rex teams are definitely the most powerful team right now.
  • Options
    The 'stache stands alone
  • Options
    I agree, there are options and there are counters. But the addition of shoretrooper and the recent jedi zeta buffs seem to be purely to counter handokin wiggs,at least in the case of q and yoda (foresight will break lando's ridiculous positive feedback). I see that there is progress being made towards negating the rebel stranglehold on arena. It just feels like rebels weren't intended to get this OP, and now devs are faced with nerfing them (not going to happen) or slowly releasing updates and reworks to make other teams competitive. There will (and arguably should) always be a meta, so we have something to reach for, a better team or a niche team. My problem with wiggs is that it blows everyone away, and is not an incredibly difficult farm. I put a lot of time in my jedi, and I watch them get crushed daily by lower star/gear/modded rebel teams. It makes me sad face.
  • Options
    Palpatine likes his Rebels extra crispy. Especially Wiggs.
  • Options
    Lmao 'bravo alphas' :smiley: Yes, it is counterintuitive that these small-role characters are so good. I'll wager that by the end of the game's life cycle though, the bravo alphas of the Star Wars world are the most powerful toons
  • Options
    Started in mid-August, I don't think I have even seen EP event. Not that I'm ready for it
  • Options
    Wiggs is easy to beat if you have a TFP faster than Biggs and an empire team. Simply ability block Biggs with the Aoe so your guys can get a turn without the OHKO, then throw out all your debuffs and the wiggs will die quickly from there (shocking Biggs really helps too). This is before I have shore in my squad, which will change soon...

SWGOH is all about synergy and speed, so a toon that can outspeed wiggs and then delay their damage long enough will absolutely crush them (although I imagine Jedi zetas will do that too)
  • Options
    I'm hoping that the zetas will bring jedi back into arena. I already put all my eggs in the jedi basket, so it would take me a very long time to get an empire team arena ready. I guess there are a few ways around the rebel team, maybe my view is just colored by my shard.
  • Options
    Lando dropped my whole team with an aoe. This is balance?
    No, this is SPARTA!!
  • Options
    Lando is a ghetto Jedi...so it's valid brah
  • Options
    It really is a thing of beauty. Long live Lando
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Wiggdo is moving out on most servers, things are 'moving' away from the AOE spam. You might need to put a team comp together that you don't currently have the heroes or gear levels (or mods) for.

Incongruity between player rosters does not equal game-imbalance.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Sithpire meta on the rise...........
  • Options
    My Lando's AOE doesn't seem to hit for much damage. But then, he's only 5* and no mods (yet), so maybe that's why.
  • Options
    I've finished 1st 6/7 the past 7 days on a December shard using:

EP lead
    TiePilot
    RG
    Shore
    JKA

This is great anti rebel killer!
  • Options
    Jedi or die! But I'm running out of jedi to farm :(

This would be your problem
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You guys spoke about the "next meta"... but what would it be? Really gonna be jedis? Why?
  • Options
    VektorT wrote: »
    You guys spoke about the "next meta"... but what would it be? Really gonna be jedis? Why?

Quigonn zeta.
    Super fast, extra offense, two turn foresight...
    Just ugh, yuck, no.
    Gotta figure it out before it's everywhere...
  • Options
    As your arena matures the top teams will change, Lando and STH will eventually get phased out.
  • Options
    yeah my shard has a ton of variety!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    VektorT wrote: »

Quigonn zeta.
    Super fast, extra offense, two turn foresight...
    Just ugh, yuck, no.
    Gotta figure it out before it's everywhere...

QGJ Zeta isn't viable unless you run General Kenobi
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    You don't need Lando or St Han to place first, in fact they're on their way out of the meta and i can't even run them on my shard anymore. My shard is full of shoretroopers and a few Baze. Lando is low HP low defense so if you let him get to 3rd round or 4th then it's your fault! There are more than enough counters out there for every toon in the game!