Are character-earning events completely dead?

Replies

• @DarkHelmetOP you wouldn't happen to be in Starsider Raiders guild would you?
  • the emperor's demise and yoda event challenges had tiers 1* lvl per tier and at tier 5 you unlocked the toon then more then 1% of the player base would get the character and would bad right

• This game is your new family. Aunt Jyn is coming over for the weekend on the 17th lol
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Oh boy do I hate these tourneys. Another OP toons for the top .5% to add with the last 3 OP toons released they already have. It's always gonna be the same whales collecting these. Ugh. What a way to appease the whales. Geez. Give them an entire squad of ridiculously OP toons that no one else has a chance to get for months. Awesome.

Right? They literally keep giving every new character to the same users over and over. Let people with weekend plans and families get the occasional new toon.

This game is your new family. Aunt Jyn is coming over for the weekend on the 17th lol

LOL! So funny! You win these forums today!
  • Oskar: Before I (and apparently you) started playing, there were events to unlock toons. Not a few shards from a certain toon, to my understanding, but a fully unlocked toon which one could start gearing iot star them later. Our issue is that these toons are being released, but only those with disproportionately deep rosters are able to get them. It is a transparent way to reward/encourage spending.Can't say it is not an effective tactic to make money, but I find it shameless and low.

I started playing in Dec, the closest we have gotten to an event that gives a full char are the one shard a day events that have been running recently

Yoda, ep. But some of us would like the ep event to run again as many players haven't had a chance to get this op toon. And honestly some sort of reward to play those again would be nice. Maybe some raid gear to beat a beefed up version for completers?
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I wish they would bring back the characters from the old tourneys so we can do something with the shards we accumulated, instead of introducing yet another new, another Rebel character. Probably will be stuck with her shards for months before I can use them! They should've just brought back Vader TIE Fighter or Shoretrooper... Also, of all the bugs they could fix, THAT'S what they concentrated on?? Some Turkish translations? Some mechanics involving, wait for it, Corrussant Underworld Police??? I'll bet that one was a MAJOR problem for a lot of people Still no news on the tank raid either... :|
    Post edited by JPBrunel on
  • Hmm, ok. Thank you. So what event are these people saying that they got Aayla from?

Off the top of my head I cant remember what event gave aayla shards.

swgoh.gg may have it listed believe they have all the events listed

They started having Jedi events but then decided it was a fail and canceled it.
  • JPBrunel wrote: »
    I wish they would bring back the characters from the old tourneys so we can do something with the shards we accumulated, instead of introducing yet another new, another Rebel character. Probably will be stuck with her shards for months before I can use them! They should've just brought back Vader TIE Fighter or Shoretrooper... Also, of all the bugs they could fix, THAT'S what they concentrated on?? Some Turkish translations? Some mechanics involving, wait for it, Corrussant Underworld Police??? I'll bet that one was a MAJOR problem for a lot of people# Still no news on the tank raid either... :|

I laughed when I saw CUP but they leave Teebo bugged.
  • people cried and they canceled the 2nd 1 right in the middle of the event but keep the whale tournaments going
    I wish they would bring back the characters from the old tourneys so we can do something with the shards we accumulated, instead of introducing yet another new, another Rebel character. Probably will be stuck with her shards for months before I can use them! They should've just brought back Vader TIE Fighter or Shoretrooper... Also, of all the bugs they could fix, THAT'S what they concentrated on?? Some Turkish translations? Some mechanics involving, wait for it, Corrussant Underworld Police??? I'll bet that one was a MAJOR problem for a lot of people# Still no news on the tank raid either... :|

If they release a way of getting those shards/blueprints right away kinda negates the advantage of having won a tourney. will get a location for them eventually but shouldn't expect it for a month or more is my guess
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I remember those events and wondered what happened. I was not on forums then, but I remember being happy with all the shards I was earning, and then it was gone.

I always thought they killed it because it paid out too good.

Why did people not like those?

They were far better than the tournaments in pay outs.
  • I remember those events and wondered what happened. I was not on forums then, but I remember being happy with all the shards I was earning, and then it was gone.

I always thought they killed it because it paid out too good.

Why did people not like those?

They were far better than the tournaments in pay outs.

+1
    ... Also, of all the bugs they could fix, THAT'S what they concentrated on?? Some Turkish translations? Some mechanics involving, wait for it, Corrussant Underworld Police??? I'll bet that one was a MAJOR problem for a lot of people# Still no news on the tank raid either... :|

EA execs are probably laughing their **** off right now....

"HAHAHA omg, you actually put in that crap about the CUP!!! HAHAHA I didn't think you were serious BWAHAHA hahaha ha... ha... ha...... ah you're evil man"
  • I have fun in the tournaments, however I rarely have 20 hours of playtime to win with work and family. I did have the time one weekend to get first and I'm not a whale so that theory is not 100% true.
  • I have fun in the tournaments, however I rarely have 20 hours of playtime to win with work and family. I did have the time one weekend to get first and I'm not a whale so that theory is not 100% true.

what lvl bracket were you in ?
  • escorpion8888
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I have fun in the tournaments, however I rarely have 20 hours of playtime to win with work and family. I did have the time one weekend to get first and I'm not a whale so that theory is not 100% true.

what lvl bracket were you in ?

Edit: I may not have been 85 yet now that I think about it. It was the second Shoretrooper tournament

LOL! Completely agree!
  • Technically, they are here, but they give ships now.
  • Some Turkish translations and CUP made my day HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! I'm still lol'ing here!!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Hmm, ok. Thank you. So what event are these people saying that they got Aayla from?

Off the top of my head I cant remember what event gave aayla shards.

swgoh.gg may have it listed believe they have all the events listed

They started having Jedi events but then decided it was a fail and canceled it.

They weren't a fail, the value of refreshing was way too good and the devs realized this so they axed the event
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Could not agree more. Bring back the challenges like the Yoda and EP release. Unless you have thousands of dollars to spend there is no way one can place in the top 25 of these tourneys to gain a new character or ship. And when they are released to the general population the meta teams are so far ahead it's no fun.
  • Just stop playing these worthless tournaments then, it's the only way to ensure change
  • last tourney they changed the roster refresh time thus removing an entire roster refresh from all players.

This tourney they have increased the char refresh cost.

sounds like 2 steps in the right direction to me and exactly what most people complained about. Everyone will run out of loyalty points faster thus reducing the number of attacks everyone can make.

and yet even with these changes so many complaining that its not enough. Just proves they can't make everyone happy.

I for one like the recent changes and as a F2P player believe my chances of placing top 25th just improved.

Then again i've been saving my GW currency just in case I wanted the next tourney rewards.

Its all about how you spend your resources, as F2P you cant expect to have access to everything all the time. you have to pick and choose what you work on.
  • last tourney they changed the roster refresh time thus removing an entire roster refresh from all players.

This tourney they have increased the char refresh cost.

sounds like 2 steps in the right direction to me and exactly what most people complained about. Everyone will run out of loyalty points faster thus reducing the number of attacks everyone can make.

and yet even with these changes so many complaining that its not enough. Just proves they can't make everyone happy.

I for one like the recent changes and as a F2P player believe my chances of placing top 25th just improved.

Then again i've been saving my GW currency just in case I wanted the next tourney rewards.

Its all about how you spend your resources, as F2P you cant expect to have access to everything all the time. you have to pick and choose what you work on.

How does increasing the tournament refresh cost give anyone an advantage? It scales the same for everyone so you'll still spend the same amount of points as anyone else to get the same number of battles in, all this will do is bring down the final top scores from over 13k down to about 8k, but that's not gonna help you cause it also means those that average around 4-6k tournament points will probs run out of ally points to refresh by about 2-3k instead... All this does is eat away a bit more into the reserves of those that have literally hundreds of thousands of ally points in some half baked attempt to slowly bring everyone's ally points into a closer range for the next tournament

I laughed at the Turkish translation one as well. I'm really surprised they even put it in the release notes but I guess they want as much credit as possible to show they are working on issues.

There's more stuff coming this month than what was just posted or in the latest client datamine. I'd put money on it.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    There's currently a character earning event for K-2S0
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Can get Bistan from fleet shipments and TFP from cantina and fleet shipments. I don't see Chirrut anywhere, and Shoretrooper is in chromium packs :/

Jyn is looking even worse, because she seems even more OP than the other two.
  • @DarkHelmetOP you wouldn't happen to be in Starsider Raiders guild would you?

@Gaidal_Cain nope!
  • I cried so much yesterday about not getting toons from events, and then I woke up to a pile of credits and a free toon. Well played EA, well played
  • So are we like, celebrating 7Dec?
  • So are we like, celebrating 7Dec?

No - it's QuiGonJesus' day :smile: