Are character-earning events completely dead?

13Next

Replies

• pargame wrote: »
    So are we like, celebrating 7Dec?

No - it's QuiGonJesus' day :smile:

PRAISE THE JINN
  • If they just get rid of tournaments i'd be happy (coming from someone who has won a couple).
    more events would be great (similar to yoda and EP). The thought that 1 person out of thousands get a 7* of a character after one shard collectively spends thousands and thousands of hours online is insane.

Also, it's ridiculous that you could be on a lvl 70-79 shard with a roster weaker than most of the 80+ shards, and win a 7* new character.
  • DrNocard wrote: »
    If they just get rid of tournaments i'd be happy (coming from someone who has won a couple).
    more events would be great (similar to yoda and EP). The thought that 1 person out of thousands get a 7* of a character after one shard collectively spends thousands and thousands of hours online is insane.

Also, it's ridiculous that you could be on a lvl 70-79 shard with a roster weaker than most of the 80+ shards, and win a 7* new character.

I agree. If we want less tournaments and more events though, we should be showing the devs some love when they make these events for us. What we got today was exactly what we asked for in this thread, and look at the state of the forums. If the community is going to rage at every decision, what are the makers of the game to do?
    If they just get rid of tournaments i'd be happy (coming from someone who has won a couple).

I agree. If we want less tournaments and more events though, we should be showing the devs some love when they make these events for us. What we got today was exactly what we asked for in this thread, and look at the state of the forums. If the community is going to rage at every decision, what are the makers of the game to do?

Umm... make them available to everyone maybe?
  • LVTrisha wrote: »
    I did like those shard earning events. A lot more than spamming for 48 hours to get 25 shards that sit there for the next year.

+100000000000000
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey

i'd be pretty stoked if i could play the event... i'm on ios :)
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    DrNocard wrote: »

I think ios users will have their recompense. Maybe not today, but they will. And then it will be Android's turn to cry.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    DrNocard wrote: »

I think ios users will have their recompense. Maybe not today, but they will. And then it will be Android's turn to cry.

I hope you're correct. Like you said earlier, these are exactly the kinds of events many players are clamoring for.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Oh boy do I hate these tourneys. Another OP toons for the top .5% to add with the last 3 OP toons released they already have. It's always gonna be the same whales collecting these. Ugh. What a way to appease the whales. Geez. Give them an entire squad of ridiculously OP toons that no one else has a chance to get for months. Awesome.

Right? They literally keep giving every new character to the same users over and over. Let people with weekend plans and families get the occasional new toon.

This game is your new family. Aunt Jyn is coming over for the weekend on the 17th lol

Well there are two ways it can go:

A: You know she's not coming over -- not actually. But you spend some time busily preparing food you know will taste like garbage because your favorite Aunt is not actually going to show.

B: You work feverishly to prepare the most massive meal ever, expecting her to show, and then she doesn't.
  • i gave capgasp props on redditt for it wish it wasn't exclusive but happens with sony and microsoft all the time
  • Hmm, ok. Thank you. So what event are these people saying that they got Aayla from?

The woman's day event if i'm not mistaken
  • event like k2so to me is good example for pve event so far because, reward not random unlike force champ, multi tier but replayable which is better than yoda event, not to mention it has 4 wave almost like mod challenge(8 wave is uh...nvm), and no character restriction which is good(op toon will destroy the experience though)
    bistan event is way too easy as if it were freebie
    the cake is a lie
  • event like k2so to me is good example for pve event so far because, reward not random unlike force champ, multi tier but replayable which is better than yoda event, not to mention it has 4 wave almost like mod challenge(8 wave is uh...nvm), and no character restriction which is good(op toon will destroy the experience though)
    bistan event is way too easy as if it were freebie

I don't have it but that's great.
  • I hope we have to use all empire to get jedi luke
  • So are we like, celebrating 7Dec?

The day that imperial Japan changed the course of it's history forever... And the world's depending on who you ask.
  • My favorite part of this game is the non-competing events that you have to build up your toons to complete (Military might, etc.). I still wasn't able to complete some the last time round. They are a nice challenge.

+1
    Proud member of BIER DTA.
    DTA_Ovi, https://swgoh.gg/u/dta ovi/
  • I agree - more events and less tournaments (and no, "tourments" are not events - they are time-sink auctions)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My favorite part of this game is the non-competing events that you have to build up your toons to complete (Military might, etc.). I still wasn't able to complete some the last time round. They are a nice challenge.

+1 million
  • unfortunately players **** all over the aayla/female/Kit event so dont expect something of that nature back again

Then why do they keep bringing back these tournaments that 95% of the community hates and doesn't even participate in them?
  • Didn't they say they'd bring military might and assault battles back every two months
  • My vote is launch the guy that goes with the new droid as an iOS event, then launch them flipped with Palpetine's event, so iOS get the other guy, then in a few weeks, iOS get the droid, and Android gets the guy. Win-win, and a Christmas gift.
  • my main complaint with these events is that it's kinda unfair unless you have a 7* lvl 85 full meta team you will never see rank 1k

n yet people with lvl 50 chars with green n blue stats can defeat my maxed =/
  • Aknf2001 wrote: »
    unfortunately players **** all over the aayla/female/Kit event so dont expect something of that nature back again

Then why do they keep bringing back these tournaments that 95% of the community hates and doesn't even participate in them?

they have to feed the whales
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Hmm, ok. Thank you. So what event are these people saying that they got Aayla from?

Off the top of my head I cant remember what event gave aayla shards.

swgoh.gg may have it listed believe they have all the events listed

They started having Jedi events but then decided it was a fail and canceled it.

They weren't a fail, the value of refreshing was way too good and the devs realized this so they axed the event

It failed as a revenue generator. The players all loved it but the bosses yelled SHUT IT DOWN, WE'RE NOT MAKING BUDGET!!!
  • Varlie wrote: »
    Hmm, ok. Thank you. So what event are these people saying that they got Aayla from?

They weren't a fail, the value of refreshing was way too good and the devs realized this so they axed the event

It failed as a revenue generator. The players all loved it but the bosses yelled SHUT IT DOWN, WE'RE NOT MAKING BUDGET!!!

No, lots of people complained the rewards weren't what they expected.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »

No, lots of people complained the rewards weren't what they expected.

...then there are the rest of us who can read.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*