Luke Skywalker - More like Luke Skyfaller

Prev1
CaptainDaniel
149 posts Member
edited January 2016
Can anyone tell me what is so great about this guy. I have read threads on how awesome he is but now that I have him on 3 stars, lvl 44, maxed gear and maxed abilities his rather a piece of crap. Can anyone tell me why? Is he worth keeping for later stages?

Replies

• ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    3*, says it all right there. All heroes are useless at 3*. I have him at 5* and he's a hard hitter.
  • Options
    Sweet, good to know although I wouldn't say all heroes are useless at 3 stars. My TIE Pilot is at 2 stars and he is more beastly than some of my 5 stars.
  • Options
    Yeah but you know 99% of this forum say FOTP is OP. And I guess your above post proves such.
  • CaptainDaniel
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I am aware but only really applies later on where they messed up with the hit points. Heard TIE Pilot lands up with more hit points than Boba which is meant to be a tank so yeah haha guess you right mate.
  • Options
    He's decent, but Geo is a better option for most situations. I still use him, and he's won me some 2 vs 3-4 situations due to his stun.
  • Options
    Sweet, will work with him for now and see how it goes.
  • Options

He crits over 11k with poggle once he gets his equipment upgrades at level 64.
  • Options
    Nice, sounds worthwhile. Thanks for the info mate.
  • Options
    I use both Luke and Geo Soldier, leads to damage galore.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Sweet, good to know although I wouldn't say all heroes are useless at 3 stars. My TIE Pilot is at 2 stars and he is more beastly than some of my 5 stars.

That is the only real exception... everyone else starts seeing a return at 4*... ideally 5* plus..

In answer to your original question over what is great about Luke.. is when he crits on his special not only does it do a lot of damage, it stuns the person... Although not 100% reliable, it can still ruin someones day
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »

That is the only real exception... everyone else starts seeing a return at 4*... ideally 5* plus..

In answer to your original question over what is great about Luke.. is when he crits on his special not only does it do a lot of damage, it stuns the person... Although not 100% reliable, it can still ruin someones day

I find Luke, Leia, Ayala, QGJ and a few others are pretty valuable at 5 stars. I have a 4* FOTP that will be a coming project to gear and level him so we will see. With Poe protection I can see leia or FOTP really doing some damage at 5* but Luke is just solid, not exceptional.
  • Options
    You gotta use poggle with luke or else he is useless :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • CaptainDaniel
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »

I find Luke, Leia, Ayala, QGJ and a few others are pretty valuable at 5 stars. I have a 4* FOTP that will be a coming project to gear and level him so we will see. With Poe protection I can see leia or FOTP really doing some damage at 5* but Luke is just solid, not exceptional.

Yeah, that was my main worry with Luke. Don't think being solid is good enough to be wasting resources on him. Poe protecting and FOTP would be a great mix and maybe stick in plasma if you can. Great name btw (^^,)
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hey Ewok,
    Long time no see.

What are the stats on your Luke now? Have you got him fully upgraded?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

Any reason for this bud?
  • Options

Any reason for this bud?

Poggle gives your party a +50% offense buff.
  • Options

Hey Ewok,
    Long time no see.

I have him fully geared besides the 25+ agility equpiment which costs 50 epics, that grind for 50 of those is just way too much, and I'm putting it on sid first.
  • Options

Any reason for this bud?

Dam, didn't even bother to check out this good looking fella. Shame on me.
  • Options

Any reason for this bud?

I can say one thing about luke, his crit rate is off the chains, i crit far more with my special than I dont. maybe I have godlike rng, maybe I don't, but my lumi crits nothing compared to luke. I feel like 70% of the time my luke crits.
  • Options

Hey Ewok,
    Long time no see.

I have him fully geared besides the 25+ agility equpiment which costs 50 epics, that grind for 50 of those is just way too much, and I'm putting it on sid first.

Nice, I still haven't touched mine lol
  • Options

Hey Ewok,
    Long time no see.

Who are you running now?
  • Options
    Yeah, love the crit effect so thats definitely a plus. With the TIE Pilot I experience the same thing. Planning to have two big hitters in my squad so hopefully Luke can add to that, and maybe some tanks alongside Poggle. If not that I may just go with the Nightshadow squad, Talia, OldDhaka and asajji.
  • Options

Hey Ewok,
    Long time no see.

Who are you running now?

The same main five, Ahsoka, Asajj, Talia, Luminara, Old Daka. But I'm working on Acolyte and Initiate to go full Nightsister. Then farming Rey 50/80 and Savage Opress to 7*.
  • Options
    Luke is good with some of those Hoth heroes.

Lots of crits and turns.
  • Options
    Yeah, love the crit effect so thats definitely a plus. With the TIE Pilot I experience the same thing. Planning to have two big hitters in my squad so hopefully Luke can add to that, and maybe some tanks alongside Poggle. If not that I may just go with the Nightshadow squad, Talia, OldDhaka and asajji.

I never got into NS squad.

• CaptainDaniel
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What squad you using now?
  • Options
    What squad you using now?

Phasma, the best Leader in the game

First Order

All the way. It so good. So farm-able. So realistically safe a bet for the meta.
  • Options
    Luke and Rebels will be good in the future. It's ready for some more heroes. I will build Luke soon. Not now, but a New Hope Coming!!
  • Options

Any reason for this bud?

You don't know about Poggle? Where have u been hiding?

do you even GoH?

• Options
    Yeah, I'm collecting PHASMA shards at the moment. Totally forgot to mention him above.

1- Phasma,
    2- TIE Pilot
    3- Luke Skywalker

I can't help but feel that for 4 and 5 i need to look along the lines of tanks/ taunting characters.

Your suggestions?