PSA: dooku's hindering press level 7 may be broken...do NOT upgrade!

Prev1
reizse
1447 posts Member
edited January 2016
please refer to this post by @DrD (thanks so much for the bug post and the awareness!)
unfortunately, it was a tad too late for me as i upgraded it, saw that something was off, looked on reddit and these forums.

upgrade at your own peril!

edit: this is based on the accounts of 6 players (including myself). it'd be unfortunate to ask others to upgrade and test, but if anyone has already upgraded to skill level 7, please test and share your results! i don't think that 6 people is a large sample size, but asking others to basically downgrade their dookus for data gathering seems selfish. maybe once @EA_Jesse or @CG_AaronNemoyten aware they can look into it?
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Options
    Well crap....I just upgraded mine this morning.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    hah yeah, unfortunately, he's a mainstay on my arena team against poe (my only chance to stun since i don't use poe myself). for now, he's gonna be gimped...but i don't really have a choice other than to use him for his special. DERP!
    mighty chlorians
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the PSA! I would've done the same upgrade soon. Devs, please investigate pronto!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    tested him out in gw (resets):

1/8
    0/6
    0/6
    0/8
    1/7

2/35 or 5.7%
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I have it at level 6, what happens when I go to 7?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

it's supposed to go to 50% chance to proc a second attack, but from witnesses, the actual rate is closer to 5%...
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

it's supposed to go to 50% chance to proc a second attack, but from witnesses, the actual rate is closer to 5%...

I'll avoid than then, thanks for the warning!
  • Options
    If they forgot to put a zero in the code....@EA_Jesse can we get some kind of response to this?
  • Options
    This is getting ridiculous now. There are far too many bugged characters than acceptable here from all the broken Nightsisters and many others, probably getting close to 10, which is crazy land. Forget about new characters and shard shops, fix the broken stuff first before moving forward and adding features.

This is what normal devs do, they fix things first and then add features on stable ground, not leave all these issues only to then stack more content on shaky ground. What if the new features are also bugged?? Then what, more content and no fixes???

This is supposed to be a major software company, not someone's garage, get your heads together EA/CG!!!
  • Options
    whew, thanks for the heads up. Dooku is an offensive mainstay for me
  • Options
    Thank you for the PSA. :smile: Hope this is corrected soon.
  • Options
    This is getting ridiculous now. There are far too many bugged characters than acceptable here from all the broken Nightsisters and many others, probably getting close to 10, which is crazy land. Forget about new characters and shard shops, fix the broken stuff first before moving forward and adding features.

This is what normal devs do, they fix things first and then add features on stable ground, not leave all these issues only to then stack more content on shaky ground. What if the new features are also bugged?? Then what, more content and no fixes???

This is supposed to be a major software company, not someone's garage, get your heads together EA/CG!!!

"We fixed the Nightsisters" doesn't make EA money.
    "We added Yoda" makes EA thousands.
    They're never going to focus on fixing characters because they don't care as long as they make money.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

i'm not trying to defend them (as my dooku is affected), but some bugs just aren't noticed until the playerbase catches them. i'm not sure if playtesters or the devs themselves simulated enough battles or whatever they do for QA to make sure existing content doesn't break or become broken when updates happen.
    this is normal for almost all product lifecycles. i work in volume manufacturing and as much as we check (100% inspection and then QC inspection), some issues aren't noticed until the product is out in the field, unfortunately. we have a process called CER's that are for evaluating issues of product non-conformity once product has been shipped. that's just how it goes sometimes....
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    also, it's sunday night where i am. i'm doubtful anyone is in the office to check this out, so let's just sit tight until monday/tuesday.
    mighty chlorians
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Im lvl 65 and also use dooku in my arena team, much appreciate the heads up as i did plan on upgrading it but now will wait and see
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just testing 2/40 so if they don't repare in a Quick Time , bye bye the game And fund
    Ventress is waiting bariss recovery too etc etc ...
  • Options

Found a new night sister bug to add to the pile: acolyte's second ability, "sacrificial magicks" is supposed to remove all team debuffs on a finishing blow. It removes all except healing immunity. Going to post this to the bug forum.
  • Options
    Great, another bug.... What a joke....
  • Options
    @ioniancat21 I'm curious to know which MMO dev's "fix things first and then add features on stable ground?" Not that I'm defending the practice, but every MMO I've played goes more like this:
    • DO
    • Player base identifies problem and voices it in the forums.
    • No response from devs, typically for days, usually weeks, sometimes months.
    • After some time, bug is added to "Known Issue" list.
    • Several new updates are released.
    • Finally, a bug fix is introduced, and slipped into an update.
    • Bug is finally resolved, but the fix ends up breaking something else, which was unforeseen in testing.
    • LOOP
    (Excerpt taken from Developer Employee Manual for Turbine, DDO)

Granted, EA_Jessie seems to be a lot better at communicating with players compared to most moderators, but, this was identified less than 24 hours ago on a weekend. It's going to take a little time.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    just tried dooku again in the first 6 gw battles. i managed to get 1/24 multi attacks. i'm pretty sure that counters should also trigger 50%, but if we add in counters, i'm at 1/30 today so far.

mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Bumped for awareness... stay away from this ability upgrade untill it is fixed
  • Options
    Damnit. I upgraded to level 7 this morning and have DEFINITELY noticed a huge decrease to his double attack rate. It was supposed to go from 40% to 50% but feels like it went from 40% to about 10%... Maybe lower ...

I used Dooku in 3 arena battles and multiple GW battles as well as a few Dark Side Missions.... On all three parts of the game he seemed far less useful than he was with hindering press level 6.

Something is definitely wrong with hindering press level 7. :( too late for me. My Dooku is now severely crippled
  • Options
    Ferrocene wrote: »

Found a new night sister bug to add to the pile: acolyte's second ability, "sacrificial magicks" is supposed to remove all team debuffs on a finishing blow. It removes all except healing immunity. Going to post this to the bug forum.

I noticed that Vaders saber throw does the same thing.. will remove all debuffs except healing immunity.
  • Options
    Still no explains or information from devs about dooku bug?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Thanks for the reports everyone, I'll bring this up with the design team today.

they're looking into it now (from the bug thread)
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of your reports here we did indeed find that there was a bug with Count Dooku that lowered his chance to counter attack using Hindering Press when upgraded to level 7 instead of increasing it. This will be fixed in an update tomorrow.

looks like a fix is due tomorrow. nice turn around time IMO (inb4 complaints about other existing issues...)
    mighty chlorians
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks to all of your reports here we did indeed find that there was a bug with Count Dooku that lowered his chance to counter attack using Hindering Press when upgraded to level 7 instead of increasing it. This will be fixed in an update tomorrow.

looks like a fix is due tomorrow. nice turn around time IMO (inb4 complaints about other existing issues...)

I'm no game Dev, but assuming they just need to type a "0" in the code you'd think it'd be an easy fix. Still, awesome that they're moving on it so quickly!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »

I'm no game Dev, but assuming they just need to type a "0" in the code you'd think it'd be an easy fix. Still, awesome that they're moving on it so quickly!

yup! I've got nothing to complain about. 1 day isn't going to scar my gaming experience :smile:
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Millions of lines of code and everyone threatens to quit when they find a bug...unacceptable
  • Options

*Cough* Phasma leadership ability processing on non-attacks *Cough*

This must have literally been just missing a 0 from 50% and just giving 5% if they're making this fasts a turnaround.
This discussion has been closed.