Please improve Darth Vader

Prev13456713
ElleMadara
1017 posts Member
edited December 2016
I just have my 7* stars Darth Vader and he is still too weak (it took me ONE YEAR), even under Palpatine's lead, Vader is the most iconic Star Wars Character, and one of the hardest toons to farm, please give him some new skills (just like what you make with Boba Fett), some unique skill, some anti-Rebel skills, he is a Sith Lord and he is a LOT weaker than a Rebel in an orange pajamas, that is so sad, give him some new synergy with Emperor Palpatine. Rebels are your only target? There are a lot more characters that need improvements, Darth Vader is one of the most important characters in Star Wars History and his bassic attack hits like a wet noodle, his AoE does around 2k-3k (characters like Wedge o Lando deal like 20K in their AoE attacks, thats unfair, they are mere humans, Vader is a SITH LORD). So please, Give him SOME JUSTICE :'(

With Love, Elle Madara
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Look at the videos with Vader zeta...
  • Options
    What is his overall power, gear lvl? I have mine at 6* and 84/100 before 7*. I play him behind EP and do well in Arena and have yet to lose in GW, with his health regeneration under EP, he is a beast.

Mine is at 8053 g10
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    How many of these threads are there gonna be?

He's good...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    His "wet noodle"' basic hits for 8-10k for me...

His culling blade is an insta kill vs pretty much any character... 70-100k easily in arena

Mod him correctly and put him in the right team...

One of the strongest characters in the game when utilized correctly...

At least from my perspective
  • Options
    They will eventually watch
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »

His culling blade is an insta kill vs pretty much any character... 70-100k easily in arena

While yes when modded properly he is a beast but that dosent say much when you have tons of toons where you can just throw mods on in not as a specific way as Vader and excel way more.

Vader is just in need of a 5th skill

I had the idea for a 5th skill as the following

True power of the dark side
    Vader gains 5% offense for each living Jedi/Rebel if Vader kills any rebel or Jedi reduce all skill cooldowns by 1
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    My vader is gear 8, lvl 65, 5*, and has no mods but is still one of my favorites. If i use strategy and build a team around him, he is one of the strongest toons in the game. Yes, he isn't very effective on his own, but if you apply lots of debuffs and use EP lead, even i can get up to 50k with culling blade
  • Options

You have to be kidding then
  • Options

He's good...

He is good? Thats what you said... My Darth Vader has:
    7* Stars Gear X LV 85 Health and Potency Mods
    Health and Protection 64000
    Speed 184
    Crit Damage 180% Crit Chance 35%
    38%Potency (l always use him under Palpatine's lead, so he has 70% Potency)
    His bassic attack does like 3K thats unfair
    Wedge Antilles is also an "attacker" and he hits like a truck (like 20K on his bassic)
    Lando has a killer AoE 20K to every Enemy thats OP
    And you are telling me that your Vader deals 100K damage you have to be kidding or lying, he deserves more power and you know it, he is a pain in the as** to farm and he has 0 synergy he could have a new skill and a synergy with Palpatine, show me a picture of your godly Vader, if you dont show me a photo you are lying (most likely)
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

He's good...

Speed 184
    Wedge Antilles is also an "attacker" and he hits like a truck (like 20K on his bassic)
    And you are telling me that your Vader deals 100K damage you have to be kidding or lying, he deserves more power and you know it, he is a pain in the as** to farm and he has 0 synergy he could have a new skill and a synergy with Palpatine, show me a picture of your godly Vader, if you dont show me a photo you are lying (most likely)

He's not.
    I believe this his:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/smapty/
  • Options
    Vader isn't godly he is what I call a "Niche toon" he only fits in certain teams under certain conditions with certain mod sets.

Now like I said before there are tons of toons that are way better than Vader with just any mod set thrown on them.

Vader needs a 5th skill as I
    Mentioned
  • Options
    What mods did you use? I'm almost at 7* for Vader and while I already use him in arena, I want to really beast him up for when I get EP to 7*

• ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »

He's good...

Speed 184

He's not.
    I believe this his:

Wow, that Vader is stronger than mine, but l still believe that he needs synergy with Palpatine and a new unique skill, we have Wiggs Synergy, Chibaze synergy, K2S0 and Cassian synergy only rebel synergy, it would be nice to have an Emperor/Vader synergy, an assist something l dont know.
    Post edited by ElleMadara on
  • Options

He's good...

I dont get it, why are you complaining? You like Darth Vader too, l am trying to make him better, dont know why are you barking dude, you are not helping at all, l get it your Vader is strong, but l find unfair that Rebel characters are on the Top 20 (Arena) ALWAYS on my server, and they are all Landos or Wiggs combos, or ST Han, my Darth Vader is anhilated most of the times, he deserves to be a lot stronger, as the main face of SW.
  • Options
    I have a maxed Vader as well literally at like 10850 power he has a beast mod set on him as well but I still believe he is a niche toon.

Yes he is good but very specific conditions unlike a lot of toons that excel in multiple roles and teams now
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @ElleMadara
    NO, you are a noob
    ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options

He's good...

I dont get it, why are you complaining? You like Darth Vader too, l am trying to make him better, dont know why are you barking dude, you are not helping at all, l get it your Vader is strong, but l find unfair that Rebel characters are on the Top 20 (Arena) ALWAYS on my server, and they are all Landos or Wiggs combos, or ST Han, my Darth Vader is anhilated most of the times, he deserves to be a lot stronger, as the main face of SW.

Hey if they want to buff him I'm all for it... just saying he's pretty solid as is...

Here's a pic of a hit vs the piggies today...

JZy6CV1.jpg

And arena damage...

vp3wgFz.jpg
  • Options

He's good...

If you let fans have input on characters they'll never be strong enough. They could have an attack that instantly kills anyone and a fan still won't be pleased because its 2% chance to be dodged is too high.

Vader is good. They won't be satisfied unless he's broken.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

He's good...
    l find unfair that Rebel characters are on the Top 20 (Arena) ALWAYS on my server, and they are all Landos or Wiggs combos, or ST Han

So your complaint is that Vader isn't as strong as a whole team of four characters?

OK!
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »

He's good...

Speed 184

He's not.
    I believe this his:

Wow, that Vader is stronger than mine, but l still believe that he needs synergy with Palpatine and a new unique skill, we hace Wiggs Synergy, Chibaze synergy, K2S0 and Cassian synergy only rebel synergy, it would be nice to have an Emperor/Vader synergy, an assist something l dont know.

He has great synergy with Palpatine. He benefits double, as he's both an Empire and Sith character. They really shouldn't add a unique synergy with the Emperor, as Vader killed the guy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Shows how much research people do. 1 youtube vid would have been enough but spreading misinformation on forum is a better option for most.

Vader is a beast under palp lead, they do have synergy. You need to see instead of watch..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Rotor wrote: »

Zeta doesn't fix his wet noodle basic attack
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I wish his AI would be improved for defense, because he will waste his culling blade on nothing pretty often
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Rotor wrote: »

Zeta doesn't fix his wet noodle basic attack
    The weak damage is the price for LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE.
  • Options
    I don't want him to have more synergy with Palp. Two toons specifically synergizing with each other reduces the creativity of team comps because they have to be used as a pair.
  • Options
    I don't want him to have more synergy with Palp. Two toons specifically synergizing with each other reduces the creativity of team comps because they have to be used as a pair.
    Then good news! He's perfectly viable on his own! He's just BETTER with Palpatine.
  • DarthBlackRaTT
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No he needs improvement. His AOE should hit like Wedges and Lando's. Just because you can maybe get a one shot off some times with a zeta doesn't make up for how slow and under powered his basic and crush are. His crush should be on par with the heavy hitters because Lando can do 100000 hit after hit (20k x 5) time after time. Vader should be like Maul, with all killing blows = another turn.

Or have a new ability called "NOOOOOOOOOO"
    Another AOE that hits super hard like this clip:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE

Just crushes and cause ability block on all enemy's.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

He's good...

If you let fans have input on characters they'll never be strong enough. They could have an attack that instantly kills anyone and a fan still won't be pleased because its 2% chance to be dodged is too high.

Vader is good. They won't be satisfied unless he's broken.

Most of the Rebels are broken, Lando is broken (his attack has no cost, its free), Wiggs is Broken (60000 dmg in 1 turn, and this combo is available in TWO turns), Leia has triple attack Broken, Stromtrooper Han is OP if he taunts is Game Over, all the new Rogue One Rebels are BROKEN, Chirrut is like 3 characters in 1, Baze is a combo of a Shoretrooper+B2 Droid and he has counterattack too, Jyn can REVIVE ALL OF HIS TEAM IN 1 SPECIAL.
    But... Darth Vader isn't, THE MAIN BADDIE of Star Wars, has a weak bassic, a weak AoE and he is only good for his Culling Blade (that takes 4 turns and a lot of debuffs to work, if your enemy has Tenacity Up characters Rex, Yoda, Chirrut, your Vader is DEAD), only Rebels deserve the good stuff, screw Darth Vader, the main villain of this series, the mascot of the franchise.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

He's good...
    l find unfair that Rebel characters are on the Top 20 (Arena) ALWAYS on my server, and they are all Landos or Wiggs combos, or ST Han

So your complaint is that Vader isn't as strong as a whole team of four characters?

OK!

Yes, Vader deserves to be stronger, Rebels are broken, and they are mere HUMANS, Darth Vader is the Chosen One, a Sith Lord, and he is always killed by OP Rebels (in my Arena Server)

SWGoH Darth Vader a Sith Lord VS Wedge Antilles a simple pilot= Vader is annhilated, that makes no sense.
  • Options

Rebels have a lot of synergy combos, Chirrut + Baze, Cassian + K2S0, Wedge + Biggs
    Why not a Vader + Palpatine synergy? They are Master and student
This discussion has been closed.