PSA - For those playing guest accounts

It's easy to bind your account to a Google Play account.

First off - I'm an Android user - I don't know the process for iOS.

I've spent some $$ on this game and have been playing as a guest for around 4 or 5 months I guess and have been sweating losing my account. I'm also a guild leader and was concerned with if lost my info, what was going to happen to the guild... The steps are easy and I just finished doing it.

1.) Just sign out of your game, you won't lose your progress.
2.) Go into the settings and Sign into Google Play.
3.) You will be prompted to either use an email account already listed or have the option to create a new account - select create the new account.
4.) Go through the process of doing just that with a new email, etc.
5.) Start the game back up and when prompted to sign in, hit the new email you just set-up.
6.) It will ask you if you want to start a new game or continue with your existing game - select continue.
7.) The game should open with your current game and it will be linked to Google Play.

When I did it, The little achievement icons at the top appeared and I got a bunch of XP that I guess I missed out on. Then I took it a step further and signed out, then signed back in. Worked fine, I didn't lose anything and now I feel better about having a bound account in case something happens.

After that, I went into swgoh.gg and synced my account there as well.

Anyway - hope this helps anyone who is or was in the same boat as me.

Replies

• Dumerilx
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I made the mistake of not syncing my account to anything when I was on an iPhone. When the iPhone reset I lost 9 months of progress. It was terrible.

SYNC YOUR ACCOUNT ASAP
  • Options
    Dumerilx wrote: »
    I made the mistake of not syncing my account to anything when I was on an iPhone. When the iPhone reset I lost 9 months of progress. It was terrible.

SYNC YOUR ACCOUNT ASAP

+99999999999999999999999999999
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Yeah - I've been sweating it for a while, especially when I started dropping a little $$ here and there.

I'm not a tech savvy guy at all and if I can do it - everyone can do it. It's easy.
  • Options
    I was sweating too. I did it last month and I got 1 whole Gigabyte back :) (because info wasn't stored on my device any more).
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    If you don't want to bind your Guest account(For whatever reasons like ease of playing 2 accounts on same device), please, at the minimum, take note of your player ID(and maybe Ally code) so that you can ask Customer Support for assistance in recovering the account. I can't imagine it to be very hard to take a screenshot and saving it somewhere.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post sneeyatch. I have been wanting to do this for a while but have been too afraid I might lose everything by attempting to keep from losing everything. I will do this now as well.

Update: just finished! It worked exactly as his step by step said it would! Now my game will survive if my phone dies!! Thanks again!!
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    If you don't want to bind your Guest account(For whatever reasons like ease of playing 2 accounts on same device), please, at the minimum, take note of your player ID(and maybe Ally code) so that you can ask Customer Support for assistance in recovering the account. I can't imagine it to be very hard to take a screenshot and saving it somewhere.

Customer support does not, (at least when this happened too my sons moving devices android to android) have options for linking old guest accounts to new google accounts. Especially accross devices.

I know you cannot at this point move from iOS to android and vice versa either.

This may have changed, but it would be much better if you can do it yourself than relying on customer support. They were very apologetic when it happened too them.
  • Options
    +1

Very important information no matter what.
  • Options
    What I love is that iOS is awesome when it comes to this. Login to gamecenter, open app, allow it to bind, done. nada.
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    It's easy to bind your account to a Google Play account.

First off - I'm an Android user - I don't know the process for iOS.

I've spent some $$ on this game and have been playing as a guest for around 4 or 5 months I guess and have been sweating losing my account. I'm also a guild leader and was concerned with if lost my info, what was going to happen to the guild... The steps are easy and I just finished doing it.

1.) Just sign out of your game, you won't lose your progress.
    2.) Go into the settings and Sign into Google Play.
    3.) You will be prompted to either use an email account already listed or have the option to create a new account - select create the new account.
    4.) Go through the process of doing just that with a new email, etc.
    5.) Start the game back up and when prompted to sign in, hit the new email you just set-up.
    6.) It will ask you if you want to start a new game or continue with your existing game - select continue.
    7.) The game should open with your current game and it will be linked to Google Play.

When I did it, The little achievement icons at the top appeared and I got a bunch of XP that I guess I missed out on. Then I took it a step further and signed out, then signed back in. Worked fine, I didn't lose anything and now I feel better about having a bound account in case something happens.

After that, I went into swgoh.gg and synced my account there as well.

Anyway - hope this helps anyone who is or was in the same boat as me.

i really love you right now...ive been playing as a guest more than a year and my phone was starting to show its last vital signs

love ya
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee

this is necro'd

it is helpful info though so maybe sticky it somewhere and close it.
  • Options
    When I go to sign into Google play, it does nothing. Just flashed back to the same screen... any ideas?
  • Blackmambass
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Post edited by Blackmambass on