This "game" is bloody ridiculous

Prev1
shimmy
200 posts Member
edited January 2016
Let's count the ways it is "random" and that the AI proc rates are boosted:

-If I have a stunned ally and do Fives' assist ability then it seems to want to call in the stunned ally so it doesn't actually work. Every time. Guess that is random! Not like they programmed it to happen that way. Nah, random!

-AI characters dodge way more than my characters do even if they are far lower leveled (hell, even the AI in the challenges and entry Cantina battles dodge more than my level 64 elite geared characters) and they seem to have an uncanny ability to dodge whenever a basic strike is going to kill them. Playing for 7 weeks has clearly shown enough of a sample size to say that it is a FACT AI dodge rates are boosted or player dodge rates are lowered. It's one of the two....or both. It's glaringly apparent with Sid where if I forget and go to attack Sid with a Jedi, he almost always dodges it but my Sid rarely dodges any Jedi attack.

-AI versions of the same characters that I have can somehow do more damage on a consistent basis. I just saw it in a GW battle going against a Fives that is 6 levels lower (63 vs 57) than my Fives and my Fives is maxed geared and has his abilities juiced up. Both fives are 4 stars. The beauty is the AI team had a Lumi and Sid lower leveled and geared than mine (his Lumi wasn't even purple geared) and less stars than mine so it was an easy way to come to this conclusion. I believe his level 57, 5 star blue Lumi was also doing more damage than my 6 star, level 64 purple geared Lumi. But hey, no boost to the AI when a less powerful version of the exact same character can do more damage and doing so against the same characters.

-In the same battle as that Fives, I had the AI Lumi showing NO HEALTH, hit her and she didn't die. It wasn't dodged. I then went to hit her again and she dodged that one. Again, the first hit was NOT DODGED and she took zero damage from it. I guess the script (and this "game" is clearly scripted) didn't call for Lumi to die so it decided to make her take 0 damage on a clean hit.

-The Daka 10% revive. The first battle of this GW I am in had Daka and I specifically kept her alive to see if she'd revive someone. The first character I killed didn't come back so I thought wow, maybe for once she won't revive anyone. Nah. Second character I killed came back. I have seen her revive someone this way at least 80% of the battles I have faced her and that is NOT even counting the few times she's revived multiple people in the same battle. 80% over time on something that supposedly has a 10% chance to happen.

-Boba's ability to revive every single battle against him (it's a what, 30 or 35% chance?) and usually doing it 2 or 3 times in a row. Amazing!

One positive is being able to easily restart GW battles so I can restart this one and work on a way to lessen this complete ****.

Replies

• Options
    I havent read it all because, well, to much. But i am pretty sure I can ask: whats your question? Or is this another rant with no actual value for discussion?
  • Options
    I always thought that the computer was strengthened because it didn't play as smart as a person would, so I never considered it cheating.

In programming, true AI doesn't exist so using these types of methods when you play a game versus a computer are common.
  • Options
    I always thought that the computer was strengthened because it didn't play as smart as a person would, so I never considered it cheating.

In programming, true AI doesn't exist so using these types of methods when you play a game versus a computer are common.

nah it's not, it's just people only remembering when the AI get's lucky, and forgetting the times rng was on their side. I also originally thought this, but then started actually counting how many times I proced compared to cpu.
  • Options
    Assist call can target 4 different allies... if one is stunned chances are 25% he gets called. 50% if 2 of your guys are stunned... Maybe better use the special one turn later?

It wont call the one stunned ally all of the time but you will always remember it!
  • Options
    I agree somewhat my dodge, stun, revive works about 20-30% of the time while the AIs dodge, stun, revive work I feel like 70-80% of the time. But I deal with it
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Confirmation bias! Go read Qeltar his sticky. Also @shimmy I already read your frustrations several times. When are you gonna make a topic where you had RNG(ods) in your favor?
    Counting at least 9 topics with same frustration, you dont even need to use the search function, might as well bump an old threat of yours.

Summary of it all because according to you AI cheats, daka revives 100% and now fives and boba have 100% proc rates.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Daka has two chances to Rez. She has a 35% chance to Rez off a heal @ ability level 6, her unique ability "Served again" gives he a 10% chance to Rez when somebody gets killed.

Kill her before she has the chance to do any of this.
  • Options
    In one of the GW battle today, the AI Daka managed to revive both Sidious & Fisto that I've killed earlier, yes she can revive both characters back from death with 20+% health. My 6* Daka has never been able to revive more than 1 character at the same time.
  • Options
    @EricK my daka always revives one as well if one dies. The times where 2 of my toons died I can count on one hand. You? Never saw her revive 2 in 2 months on my team in the 5 attempts she could. Confirmation bias.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Daka is evil and I run her simply because I have had her revive 3x in a row in a gw for ME.... So she is very good healer mech but it is rng

It's like boba or hk47 who can come back 4-5x in a row
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    EricK wrote: »
    In one of the GW battle today, the AI Daka managed to revive both Sidious & Fisto that I've killed earlier, yes she can revive both characters back from death with 20+% health. My 6* Daka has never been able to revive more than 1 character at the same time.

I had Daka revive 4 people in the last round. It was a thing of beauty. :D

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Play the lotto you should , the Daka was with you
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Play the lotto you should , the Daka was with you

There was no luck involved, I just told her to use her F2P skills. ;)

• Options
    Generally when something upsets me so much, I just stop doing that thing.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    +1 Wookie wins that rd
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'm getting sick of these whiners. I play GOH every day and see a lot of fights every day, and your statements are simply false @shimmy. Or, either that or you're the most unlucky person on the planet. In either case, it has nothing to do with how the game is designed. So stop this whining. It's ruining the fun in the forums.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of these whiners. I play GOH every day and see a lot of fights every day, and your statements are simply false @shimmy. Or, either that or you're the most unlucky person on the planet. In either case, it has nothing to do with how the game is designed. So stop this whining. It's ruining the fun in the forums.

Everybody has a right to their opinion
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nope, viva la no

We are done with this debate done done and over it moo be even truely cares anymore it's just same thing over and over and over just new names
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Snakeyees wrote: »

And I'm exercising that right to express mine. What's the point of your comment?
  • Options
    Just a grasp out of OP´s recent created topics:

Haha, Daka just self revived
    This "game" is bloody ridiculous
    ENOUGH WITH THE DAKA REVIVE
    Leader perks shouldn't continue when they're dead
    Do the people at CG even grasp the point of percentages?
    RNG? Yeah right
    Game just screwed me...again
    Super Dooku!!
    Getting so tired of the magical AI dodging. Also, Dooku's lightning jedi %
    The cheating of this game shines again
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Snakeyees wrote: »

And I'm exercising that right to express mine. What's the point of your comment?

I'm pretty sure he was validating your opinion. :D

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    That's some incriminating information there, @CronozNL. Nice research. I think we can conclude that OP is a bad gamer with a big ego. Case closed.
  • Options
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
  • Options
    I always kill daka first, as much as I want to murder sid or some other dps. Daka must die!

She did revive gw for me in my last GW battle which helped
  • Options
    @shimmy
    And I'd bet money you're wrong about every other 'boosted percentage' you've mentioned. Until you can back up your theories with evidence (not feelings, actual data) they will only be theories. Do us a favour and keep them to yourself. ;)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sunken+Meadow-17.jpg
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Wonderwyrm wrote: »
    Daka must die!

wallpaper-general-grievousjpg-5c4de6_1280w.jpg
    Consider it done.

latest?cb=20120612164244
  • Options
    @Nonemo +1
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I liken this to people's complaints about CGI in movies, you only notice it when it's bad.