A Glimpse Into the Future: Qui-Gon Jinn

As the title states, this is a look into the future for QGJ. I have read that when his leader ability is level 8 (available at level 82), his speed effect applies to all allies.

This could be a huge game changer judging on how important speed is in the current meta. This could completely change by the time that those levels are released. Who knows what the meta will be by that time.

What are everyone's thoughts and opinions on this? I would love to hear the feedback!

Replies

• Options
    I think there are a ton of seriously buffed abilities at lvl 80+. Lots of huge changes.

I think we're 6+ months from 80.

I think I'm not too worried about it.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'd like to see them re-think all of the Leader skills so that all behave the same way: One effect that applies to a synergy and a lesser (or second) effect that applies to all allies.

For example, QGJ's lvl 8 ability (or built into the base ability) could be 1/2 the amount of +speed for all allies. Other synergy-only Leader skills would be expanded to apply to everyone, while some Leader skills that apply equally to everyone would be more limited (for example, Sid could give +crit % to everyone but +crit damage % only for Sith).

That being said, I hope that CG is going to do something about Speed/DPS being so dominant in Arena.

P.S., one other change I'd like to see is a change to taunt. For each tank, have a % chance when any team member takes damage that the tank will gain taunt (for 1-2 turns depending on tank), but also a % chance on the tank taking a hit that taunt will be removed, with some tanks (CHEWIE!) having a greater chance to keep up taunt. I think this would (i) make tanks slightly more useful and (ii) mitigate somewhat the huge advantage of the p2w QGJ.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    well seeing as how speed leadership abilities don't do anything first round anyway its kinda a moot point. but yeah if they actually worked like every other leadership ability (out of the gate) then it'd be pretty cool.

i'm not really a fan of MOST leadership being so specific. Just limits the team combinations that much more. Makes it so MOSTLY you only see a handful of squad leaders, that being the ones that are not faction dependent. And i'm not sure that its balanced such that one ability that is faction specific is boosted compared to an ability that is not faction specific. If its going to be faction specific it should provide a larger bonus as its very restrictive. but as it is you just use a leader that provides a bonus regardless of faction and away you go. I typically only see about 4 different team leaders. Most prominent being sillious.