The ROGUE ONE Movie Discussion ***WARNING SPOILERS*** (MERGED THREADS)

Prev1
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited December 2016
Ok this is a thing.

If you want to discuss the movie do it in Off Topic, and if there ARE spoilers in your post please state this clearly in the title and use the spoiler tag in the body.

This is a spoiler tag you can make one it by putting*spoiler* Body of text */spoiler* with brackets "[" and "]" in place of the "*'s"

It will look like this:
Make sure you use it...Do not ruin the Movie for people that have not seen it

Replies

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Is K-2SO's ability Reprogrammed imperial droid a spoiler from the new Star wars movie? Does it mean the rebel steal some imperial droid and reprogrammed them ?

I d rather know this kind of stuff after i watched the movie not before
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    This was info previously released
    107 posts Member
    Options
    So we could have rebel b2... or rebel grevious?
  • Options
    If you watch the trailers, K-2SO has imperial markings on the shoulder. He is the reprogrammed droid.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Yup pretty much ever since K-2SO was revealed as a character it has been public knowledge that he is a reprogrammed Imperial droid.
  • Options
    That's cool. Thanks for not spoiling it for those who didn't know, by putting spoiler in your header. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    There 's a movie coming???
    You spoiled that news now. I knew something was coming but didn't know what.
  • DarthBlartMC
    595 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Spoiler Alert: They steal the plans
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'll add a fun fact:
    His 97.6% counter rate at max rank (instead of a straight 100) refers to a scene on the official trailer where k-2so is telling another character that he has a 97.6% chance of failure.
    I'm pretty sure that's also a reference to the original movies' scene where c3po says something quite similar to Han about his chances of successfully navigating an asteroid field. Han faced worse odds ;)
  • Options
    Massive spoilers (the whole plot of the movie):
    It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

• Options
    Just saw the movie here in Germany.
    Droid reprogramming is a thing and imperial troops notice quickly that he's off so they want to check his programming.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    I REALLY WANT K-2SO, wish I was on android. =(

On another note. Orson Krennic and Saw Gerrera would be great to have.
  • Options
    Is it good? no spoilers please
  • Joethegunner
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    lukeroks wrote: »
    Is it good? no spoilers please

It's awesome. Some epic scenes, especially towards the end.
  • Options
    Not much of a spoiler but how well is vader used?
  • Options
    I feel like Rogue One has added a lot of depth to a character who got a lot less screen time than he deserved. We always knew Tarkin was a cold **** but seeing him backstab his own allies to gain power is just deliciously evil. And it makes his death so much sweeter in ANH.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is something other people noticed too or if I'm just projecting too much, but K displayed quite a few autistic traits in my eyes. Being autistic myself, I found it really heartwarming to have a character like that in a blockbuster movie. Makes me wish I was using Android now :/

What's everyone else's take on this?
  • StevenFletcher
    130 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Why was a character who appeared on screen twice for a total of about ten seconds even put into the game? And why does he co-pilot a ship with a character who never set foot on said ship?
  • Options
    Slight spolier ?
  • Rockambient
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just a couple of minutes. He gets a dialogue and then towards the very end of the film he.... oh just go and see it goddamnit

The film is spectacular. Best Star Wars film since ep V.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Slight spolier ?

Technically I'm giving details about the film by mentioning that he's barely in it, I just wanted to be on the safe side and not get my thread closed :P

Same thing happened for me when i read on these forums about a certain Jedi not having a speaking part and only being in ep 7 for 1min... i hadnt seen film yet and classed it as a spoiler
  • Options
    Please, no content discussion, even about screen time, unless it's in Off-Topic. Thank you.
  • KyleKatarn
    473 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    He appeared for a few minutes going crazy on a side-gun didn't he, firing at an AT-ACT? I agree completely; there were so many other characters to choose from. I think the wealth of Empire toons will follow very soon - Rebels have had a good time of it recently with new releases, time to pay attention to other factions. I'd like to see a Deathtrooper, or perhaps even Krennic himself!
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Warning spoiler content in here so if you have not seen the movie proceed with caution!

Let's hear what you have too say about the movie.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it - thought it was better than TFA.
    I liked the throwbacks (throwforwards?) to A New Hope like Evazan/Ponda Baba cameo, the Red and Gold Squadron leaders, and especially the ending. I was a bit surprised not to see several of the trailer dialogue/moments, but didn't necessarily miss them. I'm guessing they were casualties of the reshoots.

My one minor beef (if you want to call it that) was the total CGI Tarkin. It was a bit distracting to me.
  • Options
    Very true - but his CGI really put me off, I didn't feel it was that great. Still, it was great to see some background to a character who had so much potential, finally given some screen time.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    latest?cb=20140428134013
    This made sense before the thread merge...
    Post edited by Carbonari on
  • Options
    I wondered the same thing too. I looked for him the whole film and was surprised at the results (being quite vague).
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Options
    Agree with the above. I read up on his life outside of the films, quite sad yet interesting on the stuff for his role in the original - wore slippers during filming, Leia found it hard to take him so serious because he was so nice, he hoped to be in the sequels.
    Ally Code 299-731-212