What Are The Best Strategies for getting weaker tourney servers?

Just wondering because some people I know had servers in this last tournament where 4k points won the tournament and others had servers when you needed 6k just for top 25.

Also need to get top 25 for Vader's Tie and think I can only manage like 4.5k points right now

Replies

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Luck.
  • Options
    No strategy, just set your squad.

The only way to gane it would be to poll every single player in the world, sort them by difficulty, hope everyone was 1) telling the truth about when they'd set their defense and 2) doesn't have something come up last minute to change their time.

THEN, assuming the truth and no accidents, break them down into blocks of 5000 and enter the one with the lowest difficulty.

In other words: don't overthink it. Just so it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I love questions like these. Giving an truthfull awnser about when to join only makes the competition fiercer, thus making it an unfavourable time to join.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I love questions like these. Giving an truthfull awnser about when to join only makes the competition fiercer, thus making it an unfavourable time to join.
    Haha I know I was thinking this when I posted it. But I feel like there is a considerable difference between joining right away and waitin until the next morning
  • Options
    You look at the region your server is in e.g. Europe, what time people will typically join e.g. school closing, end of work day, work lunch.. noting the multiple time-zones in the region, then the probability curve of the rate that they'll join and when the mega teams are likely to join and form a view of the optimum time window. I've done this four times now and can happily report that the strength of the shard was completely random.

Sometimes I got top 5, others top 100.

Xio
  • Options
    Xioborg wrote: »
    You look at the region your server is in e.g. Europe, what time people will typically join e.g. school closing, end of work day, work lunch.. noting the multiple time-zones in the region, then the probability curve of the rate that they'll join and when the mega teams are likely to join and form a view of the optimum time window. I've done this four times now and can happily report that the strength of the shard was completely random.

Sometimes I got top 5, others top 100.
    Ok thanks for your insight
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I think probably the best skill to to determine if your shard is easy or not... if 8 hours til points are low then you can spend away if they are high then conserve for next time and shoot for rewards you are willing to spend AP for.
  • keiths9216
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't jump in the tourney until late. I figure you whales jump in right away. Seems to work as I have been top 100 afterwards with less allies than before, finishing 200-300ish. Unlocked jyn with 60k and finish 135th in cassian with 30k.
  • Options
    I was in the monster whale shard with Skykrak in the first tournament. I also ended up with him in 2 other tournaments, when I started at totally different times, including 3am on the second day. People space themselves out, and it is fairly random.
  • Options
    I think they might have actually gotten the message on tournaments. Originally there were three more tournaments on the "Event Schedule" post, but in addition to the Cassian U-Wing tournament, they also quietly removed the return of the Jyn Erso tournament. The only one left is for Vader's Ship. I personally hope it is the last one ever, and they come up with a new way (or use the better ones they already have) to release new characters.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    oooh-hokey-pokey-pokey_c_2495015.jpg
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    hnewton wrote: »
    Just wondering because some people I know had servers in this last tournament where 4k points won the tournament and others had servers when you needed 6k just for top 25.

There are different brackets. There are brackets/shards for <lvl80. There are also brackets/shards for people with max squad under 35k even if they are over level 80. Since you can not reduce your max squad power you can't do anything to fall back into the latter. Those lighter weight tournaments typically have fewer people in each tier (ie. top 25 get a full unlock vs. top 100).

I've started tournaments within minutes of launch, 2 hours after, 4 hours after, 8 hours after.. It doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Nice question and I have a related one: why not having only 1 server for the tournament ?
    Then EA can give the character to the first 5k players (or whatever), 20 shards to rank 5k to 10k, and so on.

This way it won't rely so much on luck.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Pull your pants down and spin around ten times before going in, guaranteed