Need some team advice from my unit pool.

Yunne
17 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi I'm a new player just started like 4 days ago. I have invest about 300 USD in the game and currently have below units:

Lvl 38 at the moment,
Poe 3star
Boris 4 star
Poggle 4 star
GS 3 star
Darth maul 4 star
Kylo 4 star
Phasma 3 star
Kit fisto 4 star
Rey 4 star
Cad bane 4 star
Fives 3 star
IG 86 2 star

This is not all the units available to me I still have unactivated Leia and other low star units.

Currently I'm focusing on getting SiD from Arena, GS from cantina, Poe from Cantina shipment and Lumi from energy L/D quest.

I need advise on which unit should I focus on for both arena and coming GW once I'm lv40. Although I did not list all my other units but I take any advise right now to help me focus on which units and future units to farm for both GW and Arena settings.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Yunne on

Replies

• Options
    Forget sid get hk & 88. Train poe, poggle, 86
  • Options
    Forget sid get hk & 88. Train poe, poggle, 86

Thanks for the advise, just additional question why the droid setup? Are they really good in top tier?

Is Phasma lead a viable thing based on my pool? What is the unit I should setup for it?
  • Options
    If you don't have Hk yet don't start farming him, yes it's viable but not until you have all the droids, you'll fall too far behind too early doing this unless you buy the droid pack otherwise you're flip flopping arena tokens into Hk and 88 which is not efficient

Phasma is viable as lead and so is Sid in high level play. Focus on them and lumi
  • Options
    If you don't have Hk yet don't start farming him, yes it's viable but not until you have all the droids, you'll fall too far behind too early doing this unless you buy the droid pack otherwise you're flip flopping arena tokens into Hk and 88 which is not efficient

Phasma is viable as lead and so is Sid in high level play. Focus on them and lumi

Thanks great advice, but what should my team combination be?

Poe
    Poggle
    GS
    Phasma lead
    Sid

Or replace Sid with Kylo?

• Options
    Not a bad arena team. You need to be able to sustain GW and that team won't do it.... You need JC and Lumi for that... I assume Boris, means you have bariss, also good for GW.

When I started playing and I was in top 200 arena for a good 2 weeks. After a month to 1.5 months I made it to rank 1. My focus was making a team that would allow me to get through GW completely until I was strong enough to get high ranks in arena.

This is why Lumi is so important, she has a great heal and is strong enough to deal out the important damage needed in arena. Her Ability block is also crucial for locking out key taunts and heals. I used all my GW credits to get to Lumi to 6* ASAP then I switched to phasma once I knew GW was no longer an issue.

Sid should be the main focus on arena tokens. Poe for cantina credits, some will say daka, who is great for dark missions and is alright in arena but Poe is better for arena, and arena was my end game which is why I focused on him. I was lucky enough to find someone who had a 7* daka and borrowed her for ds missions.

Cantina shard farming is a toss up, I got m JC to 4* and stopped mainly because I was doing fine in GW. I tried kylo for a bit, he's halfway to 5* but I found him underwhelming, he doesn't hit for much unless he's under 50% hp and his heal block isn't as reliable as sids, although he is first order I don't really notice a difference with the proc rate of phasmas assist leader ability.

My focus for the past 2 weeks has been farming GS. I'm now at 4* gear 8 with him and he's now part of my arena team. I used to run phasma lead, Sid, Lumi, Poe and old Ben but today I took out old Ben for GS to add more fast damage.

Keep in mind you'll have a hard time farming for both kylo and GS if you want them both on your team, so this would be another reason to keep Sid over kylo.

Anyways this post is getting long so I'll leave it at that, if you have more questions I'll be happy to answer.

TLDR

Farm order, Lumi to 6* then phasma from GW. Sid from arena. Poe with cantina credits. And GS from cantina shard farm.
  • Options
    I'd gear up Barriss for GW, but don't worry about getting stars for her. JC is very good in all modes he's available, but he's not top notch in arena right now. You'll likely need both of them to be relatively powerful to complete GW. Phasma, Talia and Chewbacca are both worth putting a little effort into for this as well. Even if they aren't end game arena characters you'll want them for GW to star up your Lumi, Poggle and Phasma. 5's and Daka are also good GW characters. So they might be worth looking at more if you're struggling in GW and your Poe is doing his job.

I'm not saying the secondary characters I listed are worth maxing, but you will want a strong lineup for GW if you want 1200 tokens per day.
  • Options
    Thanks for both reply you guys are great.

Yes I was also thinking the same line for my GW challenge because right now I'm already in top 5 arena due to it being a new server I guess. No way to get No.1 as his a big whale in my server with 7 star QGJ, Leia, FOTP, Rey and GS at lv42.

Priority right now would be to clear GW everyday until I have the right team I want for both GW and Arena.

Once again thanks guys, you guys are fantastic. I will welcome anymore direction and guidance on about anything else to help me progress as a new player.
  • Options
    Yunne wrote: »
    Hi I'm a new player just started like 4 days ago. I have invest about 300 USD in the game and currently have below units:

Lvl 38 at the moment,
    Poe 3star
    Boris 4 star
    Poggle 4 star
    GS 3 star
    Darth maul 4 star
    Kylo 4 star
    Phasma 3 star
    Kit fisto 4 star
    Rey 4 star
    Cad bane 4 star
    Fives 3 star
    IG 86 2 star

This is not all the units available to me I still have unactivated Leia and other low star units.

Currently I'm focusing on getting SiD from Arena, GS from cantina, Poe from Cantina shipment and Lumi from energy L/D quest.

I need advise on which unit should I focus on for both arena and coming GW once I'm lv40. Although I did not list all my other units but I take any advise right now to help me focus on which units and future units to farm for both GW and Arena settings.

Thanks in advance.

So with the new addition of QGJ, should I continue to star my Poe or start farming him.

I don't have old daka yet as well.

• Options
    Phasma lead, poe poggle gs rey i think would = ouch
  • Options
    Phasma lead, poe poggle gs rey i think would = ouch

I love Rey but she is hard to star from what I heard in the forum unless I invest more moolah into the game.

Probably will skip Rey and go for some farmable units, maybe QGJ.