Has anybody else been suspicious of cheaters lately?

Not trying to stir the pot, but one of my guild mates was at 50 in a relatively newer shard and dropped down to 180 overnight and said everything above him is suddenly mostly 7☆ characters and cannot work back at all?

Told him I would pose the question and see if people are seeing other near impossible rank jumping...

I am asking about cheaters. Not encouraging it. If my post breaks TOS please remove.

Replies

• Options
    Actually I am posing a secondary question. Did anybody notice a merge of shards? Could that be it?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    According to the Dev's they haven't and don't merge
  • Options
    On weekends you are probably gonna fall a lot because more people have time to be active, as opposed to some random Thursday when nobody attacks. This might be it
  • Options
    It was just Christmas. Many people have likely gotten money as gifts and decided to spend it on powering up their characters.
  • Options
    That is what happens on new shards, you can start off high, for a while, but once the whales start to emerge, you'll fall quite fast. Unless you are a whale yourself.

Also it was around Christmas, i'm sure people spent a ton. i don't usually spend much (50-100 every month or so at most) but i spent over $400 on Christmas day.
  • Options
    Also it's not that crazy to fall that much, considering people 20-30 ranks under you can target you, it'd only take a few losses.
    when i was ranked in the 50-100 range, i'd usually wake up and find myself around 110-120 and have to climb back up to around 50, then i'd be back in the 100's the next day.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    ive been 35-85 in arena and the day after christmas i woke up at 185, just ppl splurging on champs, ive worked my way back up mostly tho...
  • Options
    Thanks for all the imput.
  • Options
    I went to bed #1 on Christmas Eve and came woke up #1 on Christmas Day. System seems to be working great! ;)

Off comedy for a minute, we recently kicked an inactive guildmate who has been #1 for over a month solid on his shard. It's quite sad for players below him that he's not even playing, nor collecting the payout rewards. Seems a bit unfair.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    So his team is just that good and yet you have proof of his inactivity through the guild. I hope someone can topple that person. But yea in my guild if you don't tell me you will be gone and you don't log in for a week you are out. Simple rule.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, brother! Yeah, he's fell off at New Years Eve. He's down in Oz, and we were a bit worried for his safety, but no way to contact him other than Discord.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mementomori/
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Yes

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    I am at 50 ish in arena usually and jump down to 100ish by the end of the day, but one day a week I go to 150, thing is it seems people recharge probably on the PVP day and just play double... maybe... and my team seems to be great for advance but bad at staying there so the people just target it for easy win

So for arena there is this rule based on lvl so at certain lvls you get moved in a pvp area for your lvl - i think - so since he hit 50 the next day he probably got moved to a different PVP server due to lvl increase

I don't know the if and hows but it would go smth like 30 50 65 80-85 and when you reach the braket you just get to compet with others in the same bracket, to avoid a lvl 1 vs lvl 40 scenario

Numbers are made up to show point don't quote this as fact