What do you think the game needs for it to become better?

So after having pretty much nothing to do after new year I decided to do a little analysis of the game & came up with a number of ways in which the game could be made better, or rather balance the meta. These are just my opinions & I thought it would be a great discussion for us to have, hopefully the ones controlling the game might get some ideas from us. I also welcome your thoughts. So anyway here are mine;

1.Ahsoka Tano
FlashyGenerousChimneyswift.gif
I think Ahsoka should benefit not only from the presence of Anakin but also from other Jedi. From the series the clone wars, she actually interacted with more jedi masters as a padawan than most. But these benefits should only apply to her if the associated Jedi is Leader of the squad & should be activated with her special that still heals & at the beginning of the battle.
With Anakin - Critical Hit Immunity
With Aayla - 100% assist chance
With Plo Koon - Defense Up
With Yoda - Gains the positive status effect on Yoda at the start of her turn
With Mace - Offense up
With Fisto - Tenacity up
With Barris - Increased healing on her basic & special
With Luminara - Force push gives her 50% turn meter

2.Luminara + Barris
4556254-8187616894-Lumin.png
Barris has 75% chance to assist dealing 50% more damage

3.Darth Maul + Savage Oppress
tumblr_mh90rkHHh21rqn9jro1_500.gif

On Savage being damaged, Maul gains some turn meter while if Maul drops below 50% health, Savage gains taunt for two turns. Meanwhile Maul’s basic attacks heal them both.

4.Count Dooku + Asajj Ventress
asajj_ventress_n_count_dooku_by_tovio911-d48stv8.png
Ventress gains 50% counter chance when Count Dooku is present.

5.Captain Phasma + Troopers
e47e8ea0-751c-0133-0c7f-0e34a4cc753d.0.gif
The assist chance is increased not only for First Order but also for troopers, thus giving rise to the Trooper Squad. (Magmatrooper/Snowtrooper/First Order Stormtrooper/Shoretrooper)

6.Han Solo + Princess Leia (May her soul RIP)
1479248787-tumblr-nzmywwvarw1v1u56ko1-500.gif
When Leia goes into stealth, they go together with Han & when Leia is critically hit Han gains 50% turn meter.

7.Jedi Luke (Black Outfit) + Jedis
tumblr_inline_o0m0seUA2r1reedjn_500.gif
Since Luke defeated Darth Vader (some of you might differ), Luke should have extra evasion against Sith (just like Darth Sidious against jedi), should be able to dispel negative status effects (to counter Palpatine & Vader) and as Leader should give 25% chance to all Jedis to attack again, increased to 50% for Jedis with a positive status effect, increased to 75% for Jedis with 2 positive status effects & finally to 100% for Jedis with at least 3 positive status effects. 2 more abilities remain his basic lightsaber attack and for his special should be an AOE airstrike, paying tribute to the fact that he was a pilot before becoming a jedi. If the attack scores at least 2 critical hits, he can cast it again applying ability block. This toon should be available through a similar event just as Palpatine & should require a sith team to participate. In the event Luke is placed with different jedi & the sith team is supposed to defeat the jedi in order to gain Luke shards. I’m far much against putting him in a tournament or a hard enough event like the AAT raid where most people would not get him soon enough. But a rare event just as Emperor’s Demise would serve quite appropriately. A New Hope could be the name of the event.

8.CC-3636 “Wolffe”
Clone%2BCommander%2BWolffe%2523102.gif
We are aware that all the clones look exactly the same but who wouldn’t wanna see Wolffe bringing some added advantage to a Clone Team? Personally I think he should be an Attacker/Healer (just as Luminara) & should be able to assist Rex every time Rex hits an enemy with a negative status effect.

9.A few minor additions
Milennium Falcon (Episode 1) - Chewy + Han Solo
The Malevolence - General Grievous
malevolence_strzela.jpg
Jar Jar Binks
Padme Amidalla
Star Wars Rebels Toons
Star Wars The Old Republic Toons (Satele Shan, Darth Marr)
kao-cen-darach_wide.jpg
Knights of The Old Republic Toons (Revan)
A new different type of energy to be used for acquiring mods instead of conflicting with cantina energy.
Guild Wars (Guilds fight each other)
Ability to sell off/exchange excess gear/ability mats/credits/gems in an online market within the game between players
Test mode, where we can test out different teams though uses no type of energy & adds none such benefits as credits, gems etc…just a way to waste excess time/pass boredom.

Personally I think it would be better to introduce new characters with different abilities other than bringing back the same characters in different timelines (Stormtrooper Han/Han Solo, Obi Wan Kenobi/General Kenobi, Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine…but I do agree with Jedi Knight Anakin/Darth Vader). Anyway, I have so many ideas, some of them you might agree with, some of them you might not. That’s why I also want to here your opinion, what do you think electronic arts and capital games should do in order to improve the game. Last but not least I think they should expand the game further to PC to cater for the improvements it has to make for fans like me & you. Yes, you could still do the basic stuff on your phone which will sync onto your account so that you can continue where you left off on PC…and in a more interactive kind of way, what do you think?

Replies

• Options
    less cheaters, thats all we need
  • Options
    In my case ... Strategy > RNG would make the game way more fun.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    good suggestion OP
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    I like all of your ideas and I have to say that they are very well made. Also, could you give more details about this "Guild Wars"?
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    In my case ... Strategy > RNG would make the game way more fun.

That's really true. The idea i like the most is the mod energy
  • Options
    Sync to PC would be cool too. So you can maybe continue on your account as you lose your phone, without Google play games
  • Options
    Less tournament, more event.
    Less cheating.
    Loads more ships
    Ship tables/cantina board (like LS/DS/cantina)
    Ship mods
    More viable toon sets. (Maybe non rebels..)
    Increase mod drop rate
    Credit heist on set schedule like droids
  • Options
    nerf rebels
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I LOVE all of your ideas ! @BhMojo
  • Options
    No more tournaments.
  • Options
    To Have R2 D2 & the other droids like them as Hardware for the ships also to have as units to for separate missions?
  • Options
    No more hackers.
  • Options
    Since this is a server based game that requires Internet to play, I have to ask, HOW can anyone cheat? If they are spending incredible amounts of money (whales) to promote their toons faster and higher than the F2P players, is that what is being categorized as "cheating"? I've also heard about how people are "Guild Jumping" and taking top rewards and bolting. But I read that EA had put a stop to that with a few months of the guilds coming online.

Can you give a few details in what context you are using the term "cheating"?

Thanks!

BTW - Loved your post and all your suggestions! Great job! :-)
  • Darkjoe1990
    197 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    been playing for about a month now and these are what I would change.

1. More character synergies for sure. There are plenty of characters with huge histories that dont interact in a meaningfull way. There should be more options for a Wiggs type team. Also it could liven up top teams a bit.

2. I would LOVE for Mod points to become their own thing. Thus far I would almost always rather go with Cantina Spending for shards.

3. Some sort of practice arena. Perhaps I could put my own toons against each other for no experience or benefit aside from working on strategies.

4. I am sure its on the way but a Solo campaign for ships. I am sure they are working on a lot for ships right now.

5. Tournaments are awful, any other way to get new characters and shards. Maybe some required acheivements like get XXXX amount of victories with a rebel team. Similar to how Darth Vader shards are earned.

6. Shard shop costs evened out. Cashing in 40 shards will only get me about 10 or 15. It is a real low exchange rate and I was excited to get to the shop until I got my first cash in.

7. Seriously there's gotta be a better way to do Tournaments.
    Post edited by Darkjoe1990 on
  • Options
    I like all of your ideas and I have to say that they are very well made. Also, could you give more details about this "Guild Wars"?

On the Issue of Guild Wars, I was thinking maybe one guild could wage war against another guild, so that members of a guild fight members of the other guild and gain points...basically like an arena for Guilds. And of course we all love rewards, so at least the members of the guild that wins gain rewards based on their contribution, just like as in the normal raids.
  • BhMojo
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No more tournaments.

I also don't like tournaments but still they shouldn't completely be done away with because though you may never get the position #1 reward, you still get something at the end of the day with little participation. Something is better than nothing.
  • Options
    Sparky01 wrote: »
    To Have R2 D2 & the other droids like them as Hardware for the ships also to have as units to for separate missions?

I heard that may be in development but I'm not sure myself. Tell us more about the separate missions, I like that.
  • Options
    More communication from the game staff and revision of forum rules for less censorship so our legitimate pleas can be heard.
  • Options
    On the Issue of cheating, I don't think there's much cheating on this game. Just that some people are more willing to spend more than others. I know it sucks, but that's just how the world is & it's the only way that employees over at capital games get to earn a living making sure the game gets better & better.
  • Options
    been playing for about a month now and these are what I would change.

1. More character synergies for sure. There are plenty of characters with huge histories that dont interact in a meaningfull way. There should be more options for a Wiggs type team. Also it could liven up top teams a bit.

2. I would LOVE for Mod points to become their own thing. Thus far I would almost always rather go with Cantina Spending for shards.

3. Some sort of practice arena. Perhaps I could put my own toons against each other for no experience or benefit aside from working on strategies.

4. I am sure its on the way but a Solo campaign for ships. I am sure they are working on a lot for ships right now.

5. Tournaments are awful, any other way to get new characters and shards. Maybe some required acheivements like get XXXX amount of victories with a rebel team. Similar to how Darth Vader shards are earned.

6. Shard shop costs evened out. Cashing in 40 shards will only get me about 10 or 15. It is a real low exchange rate and I was excited to get to the shop until I got my first cash in.

7. Seriously there's gotta be a better way to do Tournaments.

I totally agree on the issue of character synergies, true star wars fans feel kind of betrayed that some histories have been completely ignored in the game. But there's still room for improvement & so far they've been doing their best.
  • Options
    MegaloDon wrote: »
    Since this is a server based game that requires Internet to play, I have to ask, HOW can anyone cheat? If they are spending incredible amounts of money (whales) to promote their toons faster and higher than the F2P players, is that what is being categorized as "cheating"? I've also heard about how people are "Guild Jumping" and taking top rewards and bolting. But I read that EA had put a stop to that with a few months of the guilds coming online.

Can you give a few details in what context you are using the term "cheating"?

Thanks!

BTW - Loved your post and all your suggestions! Great job! :-)

It's not though all combat is handled client side, you only need to be online to report outcomes. Everything transactional is however protected server side.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Better communication of the devs about gear crunch and cheaters.
  • Options
    A replay system for arena or any battles would be cool to go along with the practice arena. Or some way to know how many times we were attacked and defended in arena.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    BhMojo wrote: »
    On the Issue of cheating, I don't think there's much cheating on this game. Just that some people are more willing to spend more than others. I know it sucks, but that's just how the world is & it's the only way that employees over at capital games get to earn a living making sure the game gets better & better.

Sorry, but you did not get destroyed in tourney by a roster with only 5 G10 toons in a 85 level tourney ;)
  • Options
    +1 even if they want they can put a vehicle wars, putting the vehicles of the sw in the game since the ships already have some spotlight, clone should have their helmet as well "it's their unique feature", in some way the community just receive the stuff when the devs release it, we can't suggest a topic they could work on (mostly just characters), the introduction for guild tournament/fight, more events instead of tournaments would be a plus too, if emperor or yoda, was released today, they would end up in a tournament... if they release luke i hope it's not a tournament and do a event...
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    Nien Nunb, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Hurst Romodi
  • Options
    I think you should be able to select 2 toons and then go to another screen in chars menu to compare them more easily. So that you don't have to keep going back and forth between. Like a head-to-head split screen comparison