I hate tournaments plain and simple

Prev1
Do you?

I truly hate them, and think they need to be heavily reworked.

So time consuming and compley poorly designed.

Go ahead share why you also hate them..

Replies

• Options
    Hate it?

I only spent the last 3 hours trying to be in top 100 and only made it to 115.

What's to hate? Spending all that time and instead of unlocking Vader's ship (I had 20 blueprints already) now I will have 45 and no way to do anything with them...
  • Options
    More events, less tournaments. I wouldn't do away with them all together, but decrease the frequency and add more events. Maybe 2 events a month and one tournament a month. That way people can save ally points to be more competitive in the tourney and won't feel burnt out or have to pick and chose the ones they want.
  • Options
    Hate it too..... the (virtually) unlimited refreshes needs to go
  • Options
    We need to rework tournies.. by giving out more 'participation trophies' to ease some of the salt around here.

It's a tournament and you're not entitled to the prize you want. You have to work for it or stay mad without your Vader ship.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    They aren't that bad in my opinion, and the rewards are consistent, but it would take ages to unlock or upgrade the characters/ships even if you always place in the top 20% of the leaderboards... I have no doubt the unique shard rewards will become more accessible over time
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe 15 battles tops, 15k ally points spent. Finished top 1000 no problem, no stress. My only problem is that I literally couldn't care less about tournaments. I wish we would stop having them, or rewards were expanded. Put everyone in the same bracket, top 2500 unlock 4*, only first place gets 7*, and mixed in between.
  • Options
    I hate them.

They are badly designed and the character available keeps changing. What are you supposed to do with 10-20 shards per tournament?

I have spent money and have a decent roster but no where near as good as the people I go up against. I would have been better not spending as I would have been in a lower tournament bracket and would have had a chance to unlock the new overpowered characters.
  • Options
    Hate it?

I only spent the last 3 hours trying to be in top 100 and only made it to 115.

What's to hate? Spending all that time and instead of unlocking Vader's ship (I had 20 blueprints already) now I will have 45 and no way to do anything with them...

Same situation here, but I got 108
  • Options
    Worst thing about the game currently. Boring and no point even trying as cheaters will take the top spots.
  • Options
    Optoid wrote: »
    We need to rework tournies.. by giving out more 'participation trophies' to ease some of the salt around here.

It's a tournament and you're not entitled to the prize you want. You have to work for it or stay mad without your Vader ship.

Sounds like you're in the minority here
  • Options
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    Worst thing about the game currently. Boring and no point even trying as cheaters will take the top spots.

I don't know there are quite a few bad things about the game currently (many good ones, as well I admit). My personal are turneys, guild chat, and sim tickets (it's in raging after playing for a year)

• vynn
    205 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    massive, massive time sink to even reach top 100. I once finished in the top 10 and had to literally dedicate all day to it.
  • Options
    I hate tournaments so much. Spent 300k ally points to get bumped out of 25th rank at the last moments. A huge waste of time and ally points for nothing.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    honestly it feels like a competition of who has the most time to waste refreshing for battles they can beat
  • Options
    Make it so you get shards for every X points you get, perhaps? And you lose points if you lose.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Spent 150k ally points, got rank 32 and 60 shards along with the 60 I had previously to unlock this beast!

latest?cb=20080320040101
  • Options
    250k ally points spent for a top 100. Pretty much out now on the Jyn Erso tourney.
  • hnewton
    492 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Optoid wrote: »

Scaling is ridiculous though. I unlock everythimng around 4* and I would consider myself not a top player but probably the next closest tier. And (besides shoretrooper and the Tie Advanced) they just sit there as trophies pretty much. Like besides liking Jyn's character what use is she at 4* or even worse Cassian at 3*? Not to mention 90% of players can't even get to this point
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's the time required. You simply can not unlock a toon from a tourney without spending all day playing. I put about 2.5 hours into this Vader tournament. That is on top of the normal 2 hours or so I spend on this game a day (over the course of the day). That's almost 8 hours of total game play over 2 days.... and you finish 1063. Are we just supposed to take off 2 full days so we can get Vader's ship?? **** poor design and introducing most of the new OP characters this way is terrible.

If they did a tournament with this same format every 2-3 months for the 1 big toon coming out, cool. Or give us frequent tournaments for the same toon over the course of 2 months.... maybe every weekend for a month or every other for 2 months. This way the players that would still like to play and spend a couple of hours on a tourney can work towards an unlock.

But right now? Your choice is spend 20 hours on a tournament or finish 2000+. The middle ground people who put in a few hours wind up in no man's land of 1000 or so. Introducing nearly every character this way is terrible.

I am slightly encouraged that the Jyn and Tie Fighter tourneys came back already. That's a positive step.
  • Options
    They're horrible. They pit us against each other like gladiators to win the most powerful toons. End up on a tourney shard with a bunch of whales or cheaters? Too bad...no Chaze for you!
  • Tigger_timbo
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I hate them as well!!
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My son landed 100 after the buzzer and we all high 5ved that we got that 60bp, but when the hour later rewards came he was at 102. 25bp.

I have about 15 words I could say about that, but it would violate the guidlines here. :|
  • Options
    My son landed 100 after the buzzer and we all high 5ved that we got that 60bp, but when the hour later rewards came he was at 102. 25bp.

I have about 15 words I could say about that, but it would violate the guidlines here. :|

Brutal @RancorPackGuild
  • Options
    HATE THEM! Like most have said, spend hours trying to get to the 100% unobtainable level that rewards enough blueprints to get the tie fighter only to fall VERY short again. And really, only the top 25 get anything worthwhile. The tourneys need a drastic overhaul on the payouts and also lower the ally points for refreshing squads. What's the deal with dropping the points received after every couple battles? After awhile, the points you win are garbage.
  • Options
    Fighting the same teams you know you can beat over and over and over and over until your eyes start to bleed is not a fun experience. They just copied the worst event system from other games and pasted it into this one. And they still haven't figured out how to keep the hackers from ruining the experience from their actual paying customers.
  • Options

Forum guidelines, what a pathetic joke. This is now 2017, not 1917 in your local Catholic Church.
  • Options
    If they did a tournament with this same format every 2-3 months for the 1 big toon coming out, cool. Or give us frequent tournaments for the same toon over the course of 2 months.... maybe every weekend for a month or every other for 2 months. This way the players that would still like to play and spend a couple of hours on a tourney can work towards an unlock.

This, the current method is a joke. How as a developer can you not see that if you change the overpowered toons every tournament people will cheat as some players will require 5-10 to unlock or 30+ tournaments to 7 star with the same toon on offer.

Wow just realised thats over half a year of doing the same tournament every weekend to get to 7 star for some players.

• Options
    I hate the setup...I mean I had to basically take this tournament off to save credits for the next one
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Tournament structure is worst aspect in the game right now. Plain and simple. It's an awful way to release characters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 9Fingers
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Tournaments are my favourite part of the game at the moment - if players don't like them they don't have to take part. In saying that they could be improved but if they get rid of them entirely I'd be disappointed - the rest of the game is getting stale for me.