I hate tournaments plain and simple

2Next

Replies

• Options
    9Fingers wrote: »
    Tournaments are my favourite part of the game at the moment - if players don't like them they don't have to take part. In saying that they could be improved but if they get rid of them entirely I'd be disappointed - the rest of the game is getting stale for me.

are you using the modified apk with god mode and increased damage? because at least half of the top 50 used it
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I agree that everyone should be together. Lower levels unlocking items before others that have played a lot longer is stupid just because they are in easier and/or smaller shards. To penalize older and give an advantage to newer players needs to be fixed
  • Options
    Hate? More like Loathe.
  • Options
    Well I was ranked 468, 3 minutes before the tournament end and I end up finishing 505 in a Lower prize tier! Seriously so so maddening. Do away with virtually unlimited refreshes!
  • Options
    I have a love hate sort of thing with them. I think the rewards are good (outside of the massive gap in shards). But my biggest complaint about them is the massive time consumption and how frequent they are. In many ways, I dread a tournament coming around bc I just don't have the time or energy to put into a tournament. They are such a drain to battle through, but are nice to get the gear and creds. Imo, the best 2 improvements they made was moving away from crystal refreshes and making it 24 hours vs 3 days.
  • denyarka
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes. Tourney is wasting time.
    We forced to beat unlimited wiggs team, and sometimes EP team. Very boring.
  • Options
    I dont care for them. Im 31k with my highest toons and every event I'm forced to face 40k plus players. So I don't even try
  • Options
    I like tournaments

First things first; they are not even part of the daily activities....totally optional.

Second; know the setup. If you are free to play expect to get some credits and gear. If your not free to play you can battle for shards and potential low level toons/ships. Whales fight for the 5, 6, 7 star toons/ships. You might save up AP and get some better rewards but it shouldn't be expected.

Not everyone wants to sim their activities, collect the rewards and be done with everything. But some do, tournaments may not be for all players. Tournaments are meant to be long. It's a great place to use different rosters in meaningful battles.

Don't like tourneys? Go in for 10k AP get some rewards and use your AP on ships, shards or bronziums. Or just totally ignore them. But some of us like them, it's not hurting you.

Couple tweets to security and we can have a tournament every week.

• Options
    So ignore tournaments and miss out on one of the only cool things besides raids - new characters? I have basically all the characters but since tournaments I have only partially unlocked them. It sucks. The only thing saving me is that some characters were p2p after the tournament. I buy them all, except I went very light on the rogue one packs, they were a worse deal than the old way (aurodiums).
  • Options
    Dragulia90 wrote: »
    Do you?

I truly hate them, and think they need to be heavily reworked.

So time consuming and compley poorly designed.

Go ahead share why you also hate them..
    +1
  • Options
    Spent just over 100k out of 380k to get 45th in my group. Yes, it was time consuming, but I did most of it late at night and then checked every once in a while to see where I was and grab more points if needed. Having 7* Palp, Vader and TFP and the reworked Maul this time around really helped. I even melted some zeta QGJ jedi teams.

I also had some fun putting together teams without synergy to save on ally points and see how they did.

I much prefer the rewards in the character ones. Love me the raid gear. It's not about winning, it's like credit heists where you can get badly needed stuff for real cheap.
  • Options
    All toons from tourneys have been offered in packs. Whether you decide to buy that toon is up to you. Tournaments give you that additional way to battle other player for coveted new characters. Too many out there and it loses value.
    Events on the other hand have exclusive toons like Yoda and EP which otherwise are unobtainable. And the K-2SO exclusive. I like the opportunity to get characters with AP.
  • Options
    My son landed 100 after the buzzer and we all high 5ved that we got that 60bp, but when the hour later rewards came he was at 102. 25bp.

I have about 15 words I could say about that, but it would violate the guidlines here. :|

Forum guidelines, what a pathetic joke. This is now 2017, not 1917 in your local Catholic Church.

ALL OF THE ABOVE I STRONGLY AGREE WITH

I like tournaments

First things first; they are not even part of the daily activities....totally optional.

Second; know the setup. If you are free to play expect to get some credits and gear. If your not free to play you can battle for shards and potential low level toons/ships. Whales fight for the 5, 6, 7 star toons/ships. You might save up AP and get some better rewards but it shouldn't be expected.

Not everyone wants to sim their activities, collect the rewards and be done with everything. But some do, tournaments may not be for all players. Tournaments are meant to be long. It's a great place to use different rosters in meaningful battles.

Don't like tourneys? Go in for 10k AP get some rewards and use your AP on ships, shards or bronziums. Or just totally ignore them. But some of us like them, it's not hurting you.

Couple tweets to security and we can have a tournament every week.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS, TOURNAMENTS AFFECT US BIG TIME, EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM IS IMPORTANT, THE TOONS, THE SHIPS, IF YOU ARE A HARD CORE FREE TO PLAY OR A MILD DOLPHIN YOU HAVE NO CHANCE.
    THE HOLE EXPERIENCE IS DISASTROUS
  • Options
    It's the time required. You simply can not unlock a toon from a tourney without spending all day playing. I put about 2.5 hours into this Vader tournament. That is on top of the normal 2 hours or so I spend on this game a day (over the course of the day). That's almost 8 hours of total game play over 2 days.... and you finish 1063. Are we just supposed to take off 2 full days so we can get Vader's ship?? **** poor design and introducing most of the new OP characters this way is terrible.

If they did a tournament with this same format every 2-3 months for the 1 big toon coming out, cool. Or give us frequent tournaments for the same toon over the course of 2 months.... maybe every weekend for a month or every other for 2 months. This way the players that would still like to play and spend a couple of hours on a tourney can work towards an unlock.

But right now? Your choice is spend 20 hours on a tournament or finish 2000+. The middle ground people who put in a few hours wind up in no man's land of 1000 or so. Introducing nearly every character this way is terrible.

I am slightly encouraged that the Jyn and Tie Fighter tourneys came back already. That's a positive step.

+1
  • Options
    22free22 wrote: »
    9Fingers wrote: »
    Tournaments are my favourite part of the game at the moment - if players don't like them they don't have to take part. In saying that they could be improved but if they get rid of them entirely I'd be disappointed - the rest of the game is getting stale for me.

are you using the modified apk with god mode and increased damage? because at least half of the top 50 used it
    So because I enjoy something that you don't I must be cheating?
  • Options
    What's the point of having tournaments when cheaters dominate the game?