The Galactic Bounty Hunter Players Discussion

124Next

Replies

• Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Whoot, Bounty Hunters are quite amazing. Think I will start working on a squad myself. Here's a vid to see how they perform on defence. I lost the battle before. Heliks his Bounty hunter squad is getting stronger and stronger!

https://youtu.be/dDUSoR5GWcs

Hope it helped :) good luck!
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    How viable is BH without the 200+ speed on all characters? I might be able to get them up to that level but that would require gutting all my other teams to get the right mods
    Currently
    • Boba G11 - 207 Speed
    • Dengar G11 - 113 Speed
    • Cad Bane G11 - 107 Speed
    • IG-88 G11 - 124 Speed
    • Zam G11 - 173 Speed
    • Greed G9 - 159 Speed

https://swgoh.gg/u/stumpoman/mods/?stat2=5
    I have a lot of mods with speed secondaries that I could use but they are the completely wrong types

@stumpoman

I run and all BH team on a relatively young shard (September 16) but even with my Boba at 210 speed and Zam at 208, there are many teams I just can't beat due to speed.

The speed rest of the squad don't matter as much as they will all gain 75 speed by the time Zam and Boba drop their debuffs.

The faster Boba is the better but Zam is easier to get 220+ because she is naturally faster.

Potency and speed are the main concerns overall. Potency adds lots of health. Crit chance for Dengar is essential for his AOE mines.

The speed really depends on your shard.

Hope this helps!
  • How do BH teams do against Zader and Zaul teams?

That seems to be the way my shard is heading and before I invest any more resources into them I am curious to know how others are fairing against them.
  • How do BH teams do against Zader and Zaul teams?

That seems to be the way my shard is heading and before I invest any more resources into them I am curious to know how others are fairing against them.

Haven't faced any but also curious, anyone with experience?
  • Fought one with maul and his daze shut me down quick. Will tweak tomorrow. Don't know if I need to sacrifice some speed for potency maybe?
  • So my experience has been that zMaul, while tough, is beatable.
    zQGJ with Yoda, Ani, Aayla, and General Kenobi is nigh impossible to beat.
    Zader is tough too if he lands his DOT's. Gotta take him out quick or it's game over.

In general though, I am pretty happy with Bounty Hunters.
  • So my experience has been that zMaul, while tough, is beatable.
    zQGJ with Yoda, Ani, Aayla, and General Kenobi is nigh impossible to beat.
    Zader is tough too if he lands his DOT's. Gotta take him out quick or it's game over.

In general though, I am pretty happy with Bounty Hunters.

for me zMaul teams are the hardest ones, and the easiest ones are probably Chaze teams. Currently hovering around rank 40-30
  • Aregan
    31 posts Member
    Same here, Zaul is pretty tough for me.
    His daze removes all TM Gain, that's a real problem for a BH squad... I'm even thinking of adding Rex to my squad for a good debuffer
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Rex is a zaul nightmare from what I've seen.
  • zMaul teams are very RNG dependent.

If their EP stuns my Zam AND my Boba, it's going to be tough to pull it out.

If EP stuns neither one, it's almost too easy to win.

Evasion down is key so if Zam gets stunned/ability blocked it's like try to hit water.

zQGJ teams are the bane of my existence. I'm convinced I will have to add B2 to my roster to compete against them.
  • Aregan
    31 posts Member
    Guys, simple question, who to put as a 5th toon in a Boba(l) Zam, IG88, B2, all G11 team?
    Greedo or Dengar?
    What's the pros, what's the cons?
  • Aregan wrote: »
    Guys, simple question, who to put as a 5th toon in a Boba(l) Zam, IG88, B2, all G11 team?
    Greedo or Dengar?

I use Greedo because hes faster, more damage but mostly because of his extra thermals, which if you time perfectly can get your entire team 2 straight turns.
  • Aregan wrote: »
    Greedo or Dengar?

GREEDO:

Pros:
    - He is easily the 3rd fastest BH behind Zam and Boba
    - AOE thermal Detonator really helps Zam,
    - His basic (can) hit pretty hard and he has a decent chance to double tap.
    - He is easy to farm through arena.
    - His kit is simple so it is harder for the AI to use him poorly (aside from throwing TD's with tenacity up).

Cons:

-He's the hardest BH to gear other than Boba (G8 AND G9 are ludicrous).
    - He is squishy even at G11 and with Boba lead
    - Daze cuts his damage in half because he will not double tap.
    - Han shot first.

DENGAR:

Pros:
    - He has lots of survivability with the most hp and protection of all the BH toons.
    - He can inflict tenacity down and with lots of crit chance he can remove turn meter pretty reliably
    - He's easy to get to G9. At G9 he needs lots of carbanti's and and furnace to get to 10 but not bad especially compared to other BH toons.
    - He gains TM when he is evaded (lots of evasion teams right now)
    - He can call other BH toons to assist with a garounteed crit.

Cons:

- He is SLOW and tends to just stand there, especially if he isn't used right (he can gain TM but if he gets dazed, forget about him for the rest of the fight)
    - His kit is great when used right but the AI will not using him well on defense
    - He'a a slow farm
    - His damage output isn't as high as other BH toons

All in all, if you can gear Greedo quickly he's probably your best bet.

Against Jedi, Zam's first volley of TD's will get dodged by foresight. B2 will dispel tenacity up and then Boba can Ability block followed by TD's from Greedo. Zam shoots a couple and is ready to throw her own again.

With Dengar against a team like that it will take a while to start laying waste with TD's.
  • Aregan
    31 posts Member
    Thx for the info.

Talking about the turn meter gain with the TD, how do you fare against Zaul and his daze?
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    So I've been dabbling with Bounty Hunters and have found a team I like. It is doing very well in the current meta. It's not full bounty Hunters because I only have 4 of the 5 at a respectable level, and I also find Dengar to be fun but not good enough right now.

I am running:

Boba (lead) zeta
    Zam
    IG88
    GK
    Zylo

I am able to pretty easily beat both Zaul and Rex teams on offense. On defense, it's too early to tell, but I am hitting rank 1/2 on offense then falling to 8-12 overnight. That's better than the FO team I had been previously running.

The team is very mod sensitive, and I have what I consider to be very good mods. So it's not for the faint of heart. You can see how I have them modded at my swgoh.gg/u/minowara

My thoughts on the players:

Boba: obvious lead choice. (I have him Zeta'd)

Zam: Helps big time with Zaul. Her AoE evasion down is huge. The bombs are huge too, though they work better against some teams than others. The team gets good TM boosts from the bombs blowing, and she gets a ton. Plus, the bombs crit! (I didn't realize that). I've seen the bombs hitting for pretty good damage.

IG88: The AoE is ridiculously strong due to all of the crit damage boosts, and inflicts a good amount of ability blocks. He's just a good hard hitter that makes use of the health up from BH potency and the extra crit damage and the TM and speed boosts.

GK: Someone needs to keep these guys alive. He is there to soak up damage to give time to the rest of the team to get the killing started.

Zylo: I originally ran Dengar in this slot, but Dengar wasn't doing it. Zylo is huge here for his Lash Out AoE damage early in the fight to pull off some protection from the group and to put more HOT's up from the opposing Chirrut. Late in the game his stun attack wins the day. I was hesitant to pull Dengar but Zylo is just so much better.

I have some vids that I have taken that I can put up in the next day or two.
  • DanielOng
    114 posts Member
    i'm running zboba, ig88, zylo, sunfac and b2 all maxed and i managed to claw into top 50.

i've got zam sitting at G10 atm and when i gear her to G11 i'm thinking to sub either sunfac or b2 out.

but i haven't got the courage to invest more into BH...
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Some videos....

This is in my first few days, so I'm still learning the sequencing and tricks, but very good showing.
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    @Minowara Absolutely loved watching these ! Zam feels almost dead against the Rex/chaze team - sorta resigned to auto attacking the whole time lol. Have you gotten fights in against Maul teams that have fast sith assassins?
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Will post some more vids tomorrow. I am definitely falling less overnight in arena, at least for now until people get used to my team.