Need help maximizing Rancor damage

I took a multi-month break from this game, so I need a lot more Rancor gear. Here's my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/wildcats1203/collection/
I was thinking of adding six potency mods, including a potency cross, to Teebo and Chewie and running a squad of Teebo (L), Chewie, Phasma, QGJ, and probably Rey. I'm working on Rex, but he's only about 15/85. What omegas should I invest in, and do you think it's possible for me to reach ~2.5M? And do you have any other advice? Thanks!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You sound like your heading in the right direction.

5s is better for speed down, but phasma does grant tm so it's a fair trade.

Rey is solid but GS is a little better since he has a chance to gain tm.

Ewok scout and EE are a good combo to add to teebo and a speed down.

You can do 2.5 reliably and fast with teebo, qgj,5s and wiggs.

Wiggs is a solid addition to get through p1 no issues. Just need teebo and qgj or rex and a slow 5s or phasma.

Dengar seems great on paper but I never got him to really add anything to my team with his slow and potency down.

Need potency above 60% to start sticking tm reduction. 80% is great.

Just so you know teebo's stealth is still broken and honestly I find the rng involved on when he will be stealthed to be just as important as the team.
  • Options
    Fives, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jawa, or Dengar in place of Rey. Phasma's slow has too long a cooldown to be your only option unless you run TFP or Dengar for tencity down on critical hit. Victory March leading to TFP basic or Dengar mini-mines will help make sure you don't waste Phasma's slow. Fives and Jawa have slow on basic, which is also nice if you don't have tenacity down available. Fives is better without omega basic, but Jawa only has 50% chance to slow. After a quick look at your squad, I'd go for Teebo, QGJ, Chewie, Phasma, and Fives. Rex to replace Chewie when he can and TFP to replace Fives. They'll all need potency added in heroic until you can get TFP in to negate all the tenacity. Ewok Elder is usually the stepping stone to Rex because he has a cleanse and revive, and gives out turn meter to ewoks faster than to non-ewoks, but he's even further from ready than Rex.
  • Options
    Seems like you understand that Turn Meter Reduction is the key to high damage against the Rancor so I won't go into that. Normally, I would recommend Fives over Phasma for inflicting Speed Down but I see that you've omega'd his basic, which means he'll double-tap and feed the Rancor extra TM. On a similar note, Rey's Flurry of Blows will feed him extra TM as well so don't ever use that ability unless the Rancor is toppled. When you have TIE Fighter Pilot starred up enough to participate, swap him in and take Rey out.

I'll also advise you to only use QGJ's basic unless the Rancor is toppled. While his other attacks will deal more damage, they don't remove TM and more importantly, they don't grant QGJ TM either. You'll have a much easier time keeping the Rancor's TM down if you only ever use his basic.

If you're doing Heroic raids, you'll want very potency. People say at least 70% but I'd aim for higher. TFP will help reduce the need for high potency with his ability to inflict Tenacity Down but until he's ready to fight, you'll have a very hard time getting your TMR to land.

The team that I use is Teebo (L), QGJ, Rex, TFP and Fives. They don't have perfect mods but they still typically get me through phases 2 & 3 and partway through 4, depending on how much the RNG hates me.
  • Options
    Seems like you understand that Turn Meter Reduction is the key to high damage against the Rancor so I won't go into that. Normally, I would recommend Fives over Phasma for inflicting Speed Down but I see that you've omega'd his basic, which means he'll double-tap and feed the Rancor extra TM. On a similar note, Rey's Flurry of Blows will feed him extra TM as well so don't ever use that ability unless the Rancor is toppled. When you have TIE Fighter Pilot starred up enough to participate, swap him in and take Rey out.

I'll also advise you to only use QGJ's basic unless the Rancor is toppled. While his other attacks will deal more damage, they don't remove TM and more importantly, they don't grant QGJ TM either. You'll have a much easier time keeping the Rancor's TM down if you only ever use his basic.

If you're doing Heroic raids, you'll want very potency. People say at least 70% but I'd aim for higher. TFP will help reduce the need for high potency with his ability to inflict Tenacity Down but until he's ready to fight, you'll have a very hard time getting your TMR to land.

The team that I use is Teebo (L), QGJ, Rex, TFP and Fives. They don't have perfect mods but they still typically get me through phases 2 & 3 and partway through 4, depending on how much the RNG hates me.

I was actually planning on fighting P1. Sorry, I should have been clearer. P1 is typically where the big scores come from, so does that put Fives back on the table?
  • Options

I was actually planning on fighting P1. Sorry, I should have been clearer. P1 is typically where the big scores come from, so does that put Fives back on the table?

It doesn't change anything since the Captain also gains TM from every hit. That said, it would be better to have a double-tapping Fives that reliably inflicts Speed Down than a Phasma that doesn't. If you find that Phasma isn't getting the job done, consider switching. Also keep in mind that Fives has a nice assist attack that has a high chance of calling a TMR toon to assist, which can help offset the TM you've been feeding him with his basic.
  • Options
    I took a multi-month break from this game, so I need a lot more Rancor gear. Here's my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/wildcats1203/collection/
    I was thinking of adding six potency mods, including a potency cross, to Teebo and Chewie and running a squad of Teebo (L), Chewie, Phasma, QGJ, and probably Rey. I'm working on Rex, but he's only about 15/85. What omegas should I invest in, and do you think it's possible for me to reach ~2.5M? And do you have any other advice? Thanks!

P1 is the fastest path to high damage. If you want to invest in toons that will have the most reuse in AAT raid, you can go for this team (that I've been using in heroic rancor):

Teebo (omega everything but scramble tactics), Elder (omega everything), TFP (omega everything), QGJ (omega basic), Jawa(omega basic)

For mods, Teebo and QGJ need at least 1 potency set and a cross with potency primary. Elder just needs to be as fast as you can make him (but not the highest priority), TFP needs at least one crit chance set (needs crit to land tenacity down) and speed secondaries on speed, crit damage, or offense. Jawa needs 1 potency set and 1 crit damage set.

This is not the traditional Rancor Team, but you will be able to use all 5 of these characters on various teams in various phases of AAT raid too.

I consistently get 2.0-2.5M when I start on P1 and go until about 70% left in P2. Check out mine in my swgoh.gg profile if you want more specifics. You'll see that my Teebo is not truly maxed, but it's good enough.