Zeta drop rate has been nerfed

Prev13
10 battles 0 zeta. the zeta drop rate has been nerfed 100% sure. i am going to farm zetas from the shipment after all this effort to farm DS ships i didn t want, really ea thank you

Replies

• Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I'm around 40% on them from battles I think. Guess I've been lucky? I'm not upgrading anymore ships. I'll sim battles and buy them from shipments.
  • Options
    I don't know for sure 22free22,but I'm inclined to agree with you. I was getting at least 1 zeta every 3 challenges but for the last 3 weeks I've only gotten 2 from challenges total. That's a big drop and if it's not from lower drop rate then it's a really really really long streak of bad rng.

Another reason that makes me want to agree is that in the agility Challenge I would get 5 mk6 syringe on 4 out of the 5 tries 95% of the time. In the last 2 weeks or so I have been getting 4 per try like clockwork and getting 5 is like really rare now. So again it's either lower drop rates or long streak of bad rng.

Seeing as how they're both challenges and I started getting the bad rng about the same time in both, I'm inclined to think that the drop rates were altered.
  • Options
    No idea if they nerfed it but seems pretty common practice for them to make things appear great at first for fabulous reception then tune them down to make to make it harder and longer. Everything is controlled server side so they can adjust it up and down on their whim.
  • Options
    confirmation bias has been..... confirmed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

+1
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Just bad RNG, i got today at first try 0 and second try i got 2. So i have gotten almost every day they have those challenges at least 1, one day it has been i have gotten 0 and it was the day when i unlocked that challenge.
  • Options
    I don't know i opened zeta tooday and got 0/0 for 3 star battle....wich was quite hard to achive. I feel 1 zeta should be guaranteed per battle....
  • Options
    I and people in my guild have noticed the same thing. I haven't gotten any in quite. They seemed to drop off dramatically about 3 weeks ago.

It's a shame. People currently collecting zetas from the challenge spent money on blueprints to get their ships ready to unlock it. Bummer all around.
  • Options
    The drop rate has probably been nerfed since the new update today
  • Options
    Not nerfed I've been farming them since the begining it is always bad
  • Options
    Considering they are worth an entire day of top 10 arena play, it's going to be rare. I rushed DS ships as well and have 6. However, I now have a legit DS fleet to maintain rank with as well.

Im assuming the longer farm here pays out. I can now save all my fleet points for more Zetas on top of doing the challenges.
  • Options
    22free22 wrote: »
    10 battles 0 zeta. the zeta drop rate has been nerfed 100% sure. i am going to farm zetas from the shipment after all this effort to farm DS ships i didn t want, really ea thank you

They should be a guaranteed drop seeing as you can only get 4 each time around not even at the stage of farming them yet but by the sounds of it ill have to look to buy them from shipments
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I average about 1 per challenge (prolly more like .8-.9) but it's very close to 1, and have seen 2 twice now. Sry OP, but RNG is RNG.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it's been nerfed. Worked really hard to unlock this and first couple of weeks I had it got a good drop of Zeta's (about 1 every 3 to 4 battles, even had two drop one battle), but lucky to get one a fortnight now. It's really disappointing.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been farming them from challenges for s few weeks now. Today was the first time I got 2 from one challenge, but I ended up getting two from both tries today. Got very lucky
  • Options
    I managed some good RNGeezus last night. Got an Omega and lots of Mk 3 Abilities from last Node of Cantina, and 1, 1, and 1 (3 total) on Omegas from Challenge, 1 and 1 (2 total) on Zetas. So far I'm 3/4 for Zetas from Ship Challenge.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    How many do you need to upgrade someone?
  • Options
    How many do you need to upgrade someone?

• Options
    I was going to start buying in FS but it would take me forever. I am usually around 65 daily so I would get 1 every other day
  • Options
    I was going to start buying in FS but it would take me forever. I am usually around 65 daily so I would get 1 every other day

If my RNG hold It will take me 5 months to acquire them solely from the challenges. 2 weeks solid of horrible drops. If you want them ever then buying them from fleet shipments to supplement the challenges isn't a terrible idea.
  • Options
    Since I've been able to do Zeta Challenges(which was 3 weeks after launch) I've been about 50% and lately closer to 60%. The last 3 times they were available I've got one per try for a total of 6. So, no nerf. Just bad RNG.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    I got 3 today.
  • Options
    Started my first today. I thought I get one for completing it. Got a big fat 0
  • Options
    My drop rates are horrid as well...
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    No lie between last Monday and today I received six zetas from three sets of challenges. One on Monday, two on Thursday and three today. So far I average ten a week with about six from shipments and four from challenges
  • Options

Lol. Or some of us really have a set of bad rng.... I managed 2 cantina refreshes and no drops during double cantina drops one day.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Agreed something seems off. I unlocked the zeta challenge within a few weeks of ships being released (I spent a lot on blueprints). I averaged 1 or 2 for every 2 sims. The past 10 challenges (yes 10) I have gotten 1. So 9 times I got zero and once I got 1. Other people in my guild are also reporting zero more often than not. There are already people on my arena shard with 2 zeta'd toons. I was so sure that in the long run building up my fleet would yield a better return that just straight out buying them. With my 1 for the past 10 (5 days the challenge has shown up) I feel incredibly behind. It actually really made me understand why so many whales are moving on.....
  • Options
    The variance is just too high ... on one account i have 2 from fhe last 16 challenges ... the other that just unlocked the challenge has 4 from 4 tries.

For something that make so much difference it shouldn't be that some are already working on 4th or 5th zetas while others who have played same but have lesser RNG are still finishing their 2nd.