Replies

• Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options
    Spend some money and you'll get a better droprate
  • Noval749
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Two more Zetas and I'm drinking the Zader-ade.
  • Options
    confirmation bias has been..... confirmed.

You can't confirm that without doing actual statistics...
  • Options
    I don't think these threads would pop up if CG published their odds.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    As a community we can collect the data to find out the odds
  • HeroOfCanton
    447 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Noval749 wrote: »

You just found yourself in a Tag Match. Holla holla playa!

Darth-Vader-Tatler-7feb14_alamy_b.jpg
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

Nice!

Two more for me as well and I'm drinking the Zody-ade. (More for helping out in HATT raid and on the hope that Clones will become viable again.)

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    No it hasn't. You roll two dice three times a week with several days between most rolls. But that's still only six rolls a week, which is a tiny, unrepresentative sample size.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Nope. If anything, it's increased. ;)
    It has not changed. Confirmation Bias
  • Boofpoof
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Be thankful that you even get Zetas. Some of us (pointing the finger at myself) haven't jumped on the ship yet because we didn't think ships were important enough (woe is me!!!). :blush:
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Noval749
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Be thankful that you even get Zetas. Some of us (pointing the finger at myself) haven't jumped on the ship yet because we didn't think ships were important enough (woe is me!!!). :blush:

Give ships a try, you'll find it is just more challenging content for an already great game. You may even find that a lot of your ships will be strong right away since you've concentrated so much on the ground game. Ground stats heavily affect ship stats.
  • Boofpoof
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »

Give ships a try, you'll find it is just more challenging content for an already great game. You may even find that a lot of your ships will be strong right away since you've concentrated so much on the ground game. Ground stats heavily affect ship stats.

Yeah I'm doing that now. Guild mates kept talking about Zetas and since I don't have a character that is ready for that yet I was ignorant of it and thought it was just a ship material that made ships better (and therefore ignored it). Unfortunately my focus on ships had been the light ships and the dark side had taken the back burner (Tie Fighter, First Order Tie Fighter, Geo Soldier). So now I've got to get those up to snuff, get Tarkin up to snuff (never put much in him since I used Ackbar's command ship), and then get some new Dark Side ships for the Executor challenge to even get to the point where I can get to the Zeta mats. All the while building a turn reduction team for the Rancor raid. I do love that about this game. There's ALWAYS something to do, improve on, build up to, etc...

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    This will not matter in a month or two, when the next level ability comes out that makes zeta a thing of the past and the level goes up to 90. Has no one figured this out yet? It is all meaningless after a month or two because the new stuff renders the old useless and pointless.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Went 2/2 today, drop rate must've been buffed ;)
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Can you actually nerf something that doesn't drop anything?

In all seriousness I'm probably running a 25-30% drop rate. I'm fine with that.
  • Noval749
    117 posts Member
    Options
    This will not matter in a month or two, when the next level ability comes out that makes zeta a thing of the past and the level goes up to 90. Has no one figured this out yet? It is all meaningless after a month or two because the new stuff renders the old useless and pointless.

It's just a game, and the game is based on an RPG style of endless toon-chasing. But that's the fun of it. Not the end goal, but the journey.

From Firefly:

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
    Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
  • Options
    Just to pour salt on the wound I got 3 zetas today from the challenge. I'm up to 11 zetas after unlocking the challenge about a week ago.
  • Options
    I had a 4 pull day a couple of weeks ago...it was proceeded by 2 weeks of not a single drop. RNG at its best!
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Went 2/2 today, drop rate must've been buffed ;)

Went 0/2 today for the first time :(
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    confirmation bias has been..... confirmed.

You can't confirm that without doing actual statistics...

It won't help. People insist that <insert name of gear/shard/ship/item they are farming> drop rates have been nerfed, despite actual data that large numbers of people have tracked over significant sample sizes that prove the opposite.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Camen_cider
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    This is making the game unlikeable. Thinking about just quitting because of it.

Seriously? Try mod farming for a while then.

Yeah but you can buy mods easily. You can't buy zetas easily. **** I spend 100 points and roll for mods at least I get 2 or 3 a day. So that's just about the dumbest comparison I think I have seen this week.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Must be having the worst RNG ever I guess. Was pretty consistent for my first 3 zetas but lately it's been terrible. 1/12 the last several challenges. Definitely slows things down.
  • SumiXam
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah but you can buy mods easily. You can't buy zetas easily. **** I spend 100 points and roll for mods at least I get 2 or 3 a day. So that's just about the dumbest comparison I think I have seen this week.

There is a rather large difference between picking up a couple of mods and picking up a couple of useful mods though.
  • Options
    SumiXam wrote: »

There is a rather large difference between picking up a couple of mods and picking up a couple of useful mods though.

You can refresh the mod store for 15 crystals. I get a good mod every day. It take 2 day to get enough to buy a zeta from shipments and you get none from the challenge. This also means you can't get ship shards because you are stuck buy the zeta. Your argument isn't valide. Mods are way easier to get.
  • SumiXam
    68 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You can refresh the mod store for 15 crystals. I get a good mod every day. It take 2 day to get enough to buy a zeta from shipments and you get none from the challenge. This also means you can't get ship shards because you are stuck buy the zeta. Your argument isn't valide. Mods are way easier to get.

*sigh* I never said that mods aren't easier to get in general. I said that getting a decent mod is an entirely different matter, though you can choose to cherry pick bits of what I said and continue to build a red herring. You get decent speed secondaries with the needed primary every single day? I honestly find that hard to believe, but stranger claims have been made on the internet.
  • Camen_cider
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SumiXam wrote: »

*sigh* I never said that mods aren't easier to get in general. I said that getting a decent mod is an entirely different matter, though you can choose to cherry pick bits of what I said and continue to build a red herring. You get decent speed secondaries with the needed primary every single day? I honestly find that hard to believe, but stranger claims have been made on the internet.

I have 14 max toon over 190 speed so yeah that really not that hard if you buy them in the mod store. I just buy the ones for credits. Plus you can get 30 Sims a day in mod challenges compared to 6 a week for zetas. That's a huge difference