GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    g0merPieL wrote: »
    I'll take the posts complaining about GW over the posts complaining about complaining about GW. Just saying. :)

But yes, enough is enough. In many ways. This game isn't supposed to let everyone automatically win every single round whether it's GW, Arena, even challenges when you're still leveling up. The solution is not to come to the forums and post the obstacle. The solution is to level up or gear up until strong enough to get past it.

Your mileage may vary. Everyone's experience is not the same.

I'm max level with maxed geared toons. Still I can't complete GW on many, many days.

I know there seems to be too many posts about GW and people are tired of seeing them all the time.
    I get it. But don't dismiss the difficulties that a group of people are facing.

I'm F2P and have been facing laughable GW teams until yesterday, lvl 70 7* gear VIII teams from node 4+.

2 days I've faced this and it was tough don't get me wrong, but I still managed to complete it with the same 5 toons(luckily because I only have 5 7* toons lol) Phasma(L), Sid, Lumi, JC, Daka.

I think it's high time skill and patience accounted for something in this game! I'm so tired of whales that have awesome squads and think somehow they have also purchased 'skill' and cry on the forums when they can't buy their way to victory. Seriously..... you have awesome toons to choose from...L2P!

Beating gw isn't something you buy, it's something you EARN!

L2P!!!

Not cool dude. Reyia is one of the most helpful forum members who probably complains less than any other spender I have seen on the forum.

And he/she/it wasn't even complaining here
    I'm max level with maxed geared toons. Still I can't complete GW on many, many days

This was the closest thing she did to complain if you want to call it that.

I don't complete GW most days either by the way. It is difficult, and I'm glad it will be getting slightly easier when it is changed later.

If you had bothered to read I did post that a personal attack was not my intention.

If you quote someone and type 'L2P' twice it isn't going to come across as anything other than a personal attack.

Bye
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I completed it three times on lower levels. Level 64 with level VI gear? LOL. I always hit a wall that destroys every character in my inventory.

So there you hear another one.
  • Options
    Agreed, that's why I made the effort to post again and explain
  • Botan
    41 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My advice would be to use your best team until you lose a valuable character. If changing the lead hero doesnt change much, I would recommend using your suicide squad to suck up all of the special abilities before your main team goes in. Good luck.

In short, what im trying to say is, dont use up your weaker heros until you get a hard team. B-team method is only effective if your b-team heros are good. Otherwise you are wasting them by playing them in the arena until they die off.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm running into same problem. I was running the GW ma, no problems. Now, like today, 4th battle in is a pure 70 purple squad. I'm 66, I shouldn't be beating teams like that. They should make it a challenge but beatable. When I was running it I'd have to retreat from some and use a different strategy and it was fun. Now it just sucks.
  • Options
    Just drew a team with 2 level 30's, a level 15, and two level 1's against my level 55 droid team in the last match of today's GW. Almost felt bad. :)
  • Robobob
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Here's how I use suicide squads and it's helped me complete every GW every day since the big update where they changed retreating.
    First 5-6 battles. Try not to use any suicide squad and try to end every battle with almost all your characters in full health. You'll probably need 3 healers to make that happen as you get closer to battle 6.
    Starting at battle 6 or 7, play the enemy with your A-team to see if you get lucky. If randomness hates you then try again with a slightly different set up. The change up might give you better random results. If none of this works, retreat and set up a suicide squad.
    I usually build my suicide squad with 2-3 B or C level heroes with decent HPs and the remaining team with the lowest level heroes possible. The idea behind this is, if they are all too low then they can all get wiped out by 1 AOE from Sidious or Ren or whoever. If they are all too high then they might take too long to die and your opponents might get to remove a turn or 2 on their cooldowns. With 2 characters of decent health, that causes Luminara to spend her Force Blast, IG-86 and Geo to expend their assist attacks, Phasma expend her Fusilade and .. most importantly Poe to expend his Taunt.
    Look, let's face it, the B and C teams will most likely not even win a battle at the last few nodes, or they will win with so much damage taken that they are useless in the next battle. So best to use them in a suicide squad to soak up some of the enemies specials.
    One more big nugget of advice, never use Dooku or Fives against Kyle Ren. Their counter attacks might trigger his Unstoppable passive that refreshes all of his cooldowns. This could possibly allow him to use his AOE Lashout nearly every turn and give him Retribution every turn as well. Very dangerous.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    I already took out the 7 star lumi that you don't see pictured with my B team but still! I'm level 59 and I get this!?! What's wrong EA, can we get a fix? I mean o don't mind your intention for difficulty but that should be 3 or 4 levels higher NOT 11!

WjOStiw.png
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Since I got level 60 I've finished galactic war a total of maybe 7 or 8 times, before that I could pretty much auto battle the whole thing. I understand it's supposed to be a war of attrition but after the first 5 nodes it's straight up level 70 teams pretty much the whole way, if only there were some sort of happy medium. I just can't wait to get level 70 that way I'll be on a level playing field, then I can start finishing regularly again
  • Options
    I noticed it has become significantly harder. I'm level 66 at the moment and getting full 6* level 70 teams at the 4th last node today for me was a 7* level 70 team consisting of phasma, luminera, dooku, fives and yes Kylo ren...I was like **** man.
  • Options
    They ninja swapped in GW teams with Arena competitve teams. Smooth move EA. It used to be populated with other GW teams (healers, ect).
  • Options
    @SNAKEMAN . I think you might be on my alt shard. My game name there is Kal Zakath. I am also facing level 65+ at level 59, so ridiculous.
  • Options
    I would agree with most of you. It used to be fun and something I looked forward to doing every day. Sometimes I would have to battle down to my last man but could usually pull it off. This morning, second node...3/5 were 7* (2 purple) and the other two were 6* purple. Not so much fun today. Something needs to be looked at IMO.

• Options
    Agreed. Before 60, I completed GW every day. Now, rarely.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    They ninja swapped in GW teams with Arena competitve teams. Smooth move EA. It used to be populated with other GW teams (healers, ect).

I was wondering about this, its not so much the level/gear of the teams that is really hurting, but the team composition. L70/g8 is one thing, but when they are all attack team compositions its too much to try and mitigate the effects from 2-3 toons each battle capable of one shotting my guys, often behind a poe or han taunt.

• Options
    qtA74D8.jpg

I won today....I am level 62. Rank 3 in Arena. This is what my last 5 battles looked like....unfair matches
    FTB
  • Options
    Seems to be getting better. I wonder if they threw a unadvertised tweak in with the GG update. Finally won one with my main account (32 on my slacker account). Got to node 11 yesterday. Still seeing high level teams, just less optimized teams. Node 6-8 were the hardest, but they weren't all 7* lv 70.
  • Options
    I think they have/had been tweaking daily for the last ~week.

The difficulty increase wasn't announced either afaik
  • Options
    Seems to be getting better. I wonder if they threw a unadvertised tweak in with the GG update. Finally won one with my main account (32 on my slacker account). Got to node 11 yesterday. Still seeing high level teams, just less optimized teams. Node 6-8 were the hardest, but they weren't all 7* lv 70.

Yeah. It seemed different today for me as well. My last 4 battles were 7* lvl 70....but I managed to beat them with my lvl 63 teams. I almost have general grievous unlocked. After him, I will have only two characters left to unlock. Can't wait until I can get to lvl 70 so I can try out many different squads to see which one is the best at that time. NEED MORE PURPLE ABILITY MATS!!!
    FTB
  • Options
    Botan wrote: »
    My advice would be to use your best team until you lose a valuable character. If changing the lead hero doesnt change much, I would recommend using your suicide squad to suck up all of the special abilities before your main team goes in. Good luck.

In short, what im trying to say is, dont use up your weaker heros until you get a hard team. B-team method is only effective if your b-team heros are good. Otherwise you are wasting them by playing them in the arena until they die off.

+1, this has been my approach to GW from day 1. I haven't had to use a throw-away squad for a few days, I must be having good luck, but when you face a team that can take out even 1 of your main toons before you fire off a shot, it's the only way to beat them and maintain hopes of being effective for whoever you face after.
  • Options
    Botan wrote: »

+1, this has been my approach to GW from day 1. I haven't had to use a throw-away squad for a few days, I must be having good luck, but when you face a team that can take out even 1 of your main toons before you fire off a shot, it's the only way to beat them and maintain hopes of being effective for whoever you face after.

Correct. The only other thing I would add is it's not ok to win full health. You need to ensure two healers are 1 to cooldown or fully ready to heal. Most of my most nightmarish days are when things are so hard that I exhaust healers (all 7) and then get one of thise enemies that will obliterate any variant of my A chars even before my Poe can taunt.

Also, Royal Guard enables you to pass 1 more fight at full gear. It's needed.

• Options
    There's a pretty significant spike at 60, yes, but you can overcome it if you focus on stars and gear for your GW team. I run Lumi as leader for her heal and dodge, and I use some combination of Sid, Dooku, JC, Daka, and Phasma. JC's heal cooldown is stupidly awesome. Dooku and Daka make a great stun team. Dooku destroys most jedi you encounter. Daka's rez has saved me a stupid number of times. Phasma is great for those battles where you need to pop that extra turn meter to either cut down the next volley of special attacks, or get a quick heal in before someone dies.

All that said, retreating and reorganizing your team for a new RNG set and reordering your targets/attacks is key.

For me, the level 60 hump passed pretty quickly. By level 62-63, you get some pretty significant gear upgrades that are made available, which will help you survive more easily.