GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Mysery
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yah I'm just about fed up with this nonsense. After 3 hrs, I managed to eek out 11/12 loosing just 2 near capped heroes along the way, beating multiple nodes +5-7 lvls and several * over my best squad. Final node is +10 lvls, +5 stars, max gear over my level capped A-team. Burned a suicide squad and my A-team just to kill Daka 5* and Sid 7*. My remaining heroes can't do enough damage to counter Bariss(L) 7* and Talia *7 heals + Phasma 7*, and 7* Talia's special one-shots my squishes :/

@EA, the current GW arrangement is not even remotely fun for players still leveling and building up their bench. Can't speak for anyone else, but the longer this goes unfixed, the closer I get to uninstalling.

Edit: Managed to clear the final node after dumping tons of resources into upgrading a scrub attacker. Yeah me for getting it done, but I really can't say it was enjoyable. Had I gotten this node any earlier (has happened) I would have been SOL for anything after it.

Very little about this leaves me feeling like I won due to good tactics... instead it's almost exactly like opening a combination lock by trying every possible combination, i.e., 000, 001, 002, 003 ... In fact, tactics that should have been better end up being worse due to horrible RNG. It's almost like the AI cheats if you're doing particularly well.

Example: My healer uses a normal attack, bringing an opponent to 30% hp. My Sid goes next and finishes the opponent off. Opponent healer goes.

If instead My healer attacks with a special bringing the opponent to 10%, the opponent healer goes before my Sid and heals? Why should the attack I use have ANY effect on the AI's turn order??? It's not like the opponent has a turn order proc when damaged :rage:

Countless cases where using a special results in the AI getting bonus attacks or I fail a resist on his next move, vs. standard attack producing far more favorable results.

Suggestions
    • Fix the lvl/power ranges to be less punishing to players still new to the game, so they at least have a chance to catch up, and that doesn't punish you for doing well in Arena. Personally I'd do this by calculating a total roster value equal to top 5 heros + math.sqrt(total of all other heroes within 10 lvls of player level). Then set a fairly narrow (say +/- 5%) range from that. Finally, adjust the range up/down based on the GW node... Set the first node to -20-10%, with each subsequent node adding 3%, so the final node is +16-26%. Maybe inflate the range some for the big payout nodes.
    • Fix the impact of RNG on fights. As it stands now, RNG often plays a bigger part in the outcome than tactics or power/gear.
    • Check how your RNG tables are generated/refreshed. Clearly they don't refresh when restarting a fight. I question weather the numbers are EVER regenerated and/or if they are seeded with something that produces account biased rolls (like the account ID or similar static number tied to the account).
    • Restore the old retreat behavior as a separate option, i.e. give players both a "Restart" and a "Retreat" option.
    Post edited by Mysery on
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello,

I am at last stage of GW and there is only one toon left : count Dooku.

The problem is he is level 67 and all my good toons died except some toons with maximum level = 5

So how can i kill him to complete GW ?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Spending real money to buy credits and training bots to level up a team. I don't think there is another wsy
  • Options
    Yea you have to pour whatever you have left into leveling who is still alive and take him down. the best way to take out dooku is by stunning him or spiking him, his health is pretty low.

If you pour resources into whoever you have left, you need to weigh the benefits of the rewards for opening that last chest.
  • Options
    yes but i have only bad toons left like ewok scout or corruscant police or datchaa or greedo and i feel like wasting gold to invest in them
  • Options
    Lmao. I did this on like my 5th GW. Leveled up a Jawa and RG just to finish. Spent a ton of credits and droids (at that time of like level 45ish)

Haha. And, I don't regret it. Do it!

I didn't spend real money though.
  • Options
    Try to get a stun with CPolice, then unload on him. But yea I would dump all my resources into my strongest character. Greedo maybe for you. With a lot of luck you could keep stunning him. You can always retreat/force close if the battle doesn't go your way.
  • Options
    The best way would be with a stunner, if you have one left.

(Daka, Dooku, Eeth Koth, Luke, Aayla Secura?
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I beat this P2P team. 7* Maul, QGJ, Sid and 6* Yoda, 6*JC

nf4h3p5.png
    ZayXIJt.png
    pFKL3CS.png
    1rAu1o2.png
  • Options
    Your squad is stacked. 26,300 power is not bad at all. And you have Dooku and Sidious, you will have an easy time against the Qui and Yoda teams mostly.
    Why did that guy have JC on his team? Makes no sense. He is probably new and just bought a bunch of packs.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    Your team is much better than the team of your opposition. You won and pretty much rightly so. If you stun QGJ with Dooku, then there were no chances at all not to win :)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Your team is much better than the team of your opposition. You won and pretty much rightly so. If you stun QGJ with Dooku, then there were no chances at all not to win :)

I take out Sid first because he always the first to die. My Dooku + my Sid's stun him and he won't get heal from JC. His Sid use Demoralized blows which is dumb because my Dooku always counter back.

I go for Sid, QGJ, Maul , JC, Yoda but it was an easy win. I guess his team have no speed.
  • Options
    May I ask why don't you use Kylo Ren ? I'm gearing up similar setup team which involves Kylo Ren so a explaination would be nice ;)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Sentrax wrote: »
    May I ask why don't you use Kylo Ren ? I'm gearing up similar setup team which involves Kylo Ren so a explaination would be nice ;)

I choose Phasma over Kylo Ren.

I use Phasma as leader which there is a chance to bring ally to assist. Kylo Ren is good but might need Poe to make the synergies work.
  • Options
    Holy Sh I T Holy Sh i t...nice one!
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

I choose Phasma over Kylo Ren.

I use Phasma as leader which there is a chance to bring ally to assist. Kylo Ren is good but might need Poe to make the synergies work.

Nice, I was thinking something like this, Phasma(L)/Dooku/Sid/Kylo/Lumi .. maybe sometimes switch Sid for leader when i need to burst down.. what are your thoughts ?

• Options
    I beat 5 and 6* Yodas a few times now, and to tell you the truth I wasn't that impressed. Made me decide to not even farm for him. I have 2 7* Jedi and 3 4* Jedi which I really have no interest in grinding the whole way to 7* to get a 7* Yoda. And with a 5* Yoda not being that impressive I've decided to stop altogether and concentrate my efforts where they were before the Yoda "Event".. if you could call it that. If I farmed for all 7*s Jedi shards that would likely take at least a month probably 2 (especially when drop rates seem worse than ever) and I'm hoping something more interesting comes out before then.
  • Options
    Nice, how long did it take you to get Dooku up? Hard modes everyday and than cantina once it unlocked?

Trying to decide between Geo or Dooku once I finish Kylo to 7 this week

How much energy does the Dooku mission cost in the Cantina?
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    @Sentrax i tried that team before but i prefer daka over Kylo Ren lol.

@Berimbolo i unlocked Dooku mode in cantina since 2/6 and i farmed him everyday + 1 refill and do all his Hard Node. I'm 6* 42/100 right now. I think i was around 5* 50/85? Roughly i think average 7-8 shards per day. His cantina mission cost 12energy.

• Johnggernaut
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    RNGesus does not love me lol
  • Stok3d
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Since the latest update last week, GW has consisted of being able to click auto through all twelve fights. While I've hit Rank 1 during the week, I always got knocked out at the end. My highest arena Rank ended being 3. When I say GW had an issue with difficulty, I was facing fights of 65,61,61,61,61 for the final rounds.

Now last night I actually ended with a Rank 1. OMG did the difficulty change for GW. By fight 3 I was facing all 7star teams and even the first fight was capable to trimming off toons. So what gives? This difficulty went up by a factor of 100x for simply 2x rankings in Arena?

Sadly, after 6x 7star teams in a row I believe I'm out of Extra Squads and won't finish GW today. Seems if you hit Rank 1 this indicates one is a whale and it sets off a Squeeze Function?

http://imgur.com/a/eovFL
  • Options
    It happens. One tough GW should not worry a winner like you. Completing GW every time was not part of the game design, according to the devs. So, take a deep breath and adapt to the difficulty. Some days it might be impossible, sometimes too easy. Don't worry yourself over it. If you get similar opponents more frequently, share the exact teams you're having difficulty with and maybe the guys here can help with tips.
  • Options
    You had to try in Galactic war? CG/EA's fault I guess
  • Options
    Yes they make GW much harder for anyone who gets rank 1.

The bad news is once you get rank one your GW will always treat you as a rank 1 since it stores your highest arena ranking ever in order to make the matchmaking calculations.

The good news is you never have to sandbag arena again since no matter how good you do it won't affect your GW!

It's really dumb that they penalize you for doing well. In a few more releases they say they'll fix the matchmaking. But they frequently don't tell the truth and often times their version of 'fixing' things ends up with them being less enjoyable and much, much harder. RIP Retreat. RIP Poe. RIP Barriss.
  • Stok3d
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    The bad news is once you get rank one your GW will always treat you as a rank 1 since it stores your highest arena ranking ever in order to make the matchmaking calculations.

I really hope this isn't the case. If I face this daily I'll never be able to now complete GW... and yes I'll end up done with this game. $500 down the toilet--what a waste.

It makes zero sense for such penalties to be implemented. I'd think a happy medium could be reached...
  • Options
    You've spent $500 yet your complaining about GW being too difficult? I've spent around $80 yet complete it every day and I finish 1st in arena every day. GW is ridiculously hard and frustrating, that I agree, but with the right roster you'll complete it every day.

Who do you run with in your GW A team?
  • Options
    It's changes. I had a thread going where I hit 8 70 lvl mostly 7* teams in a row. Last 2 days have been more reasonable. You shouldn't be able to just blast through with your top 5. That would be dumb. It's a war not a single battle. You'll need to divide your leaders and pawns and try many different combinations. On that rough day I was down to just 5 toons and only 1 was in my arena team. Strategy and Patience are virtues of a jedi. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
  • Options
    You've spent $500 yet your complaining about GW being too difficult? I've spent around $80 yet complete it every day and I finish 1st in arena every day. GW is ridiculously hard and frustrating, that I agree, but with the right roster you'll complete it every day.

Who do you run with in your GW A team?

There are smart players, and there are SIM all the battles players. Personally, I think GW is easy. It takes a deep bench and some planning and understanding of your roster. Others, I understand, play by the book and read up on the "hot" heroes only to develop the 5 hottest heroes to the max but leave an empty hole for anything else. And whoops, if one of those heroes are overthrown, then complaints ensue. Others, play to understand the depth and awesome creation of this game, and level up the Jedi, the Ewoks, the Scoundrels, etc.

GW isn't so bad. It's bad players dat's the problem.

• Options
    i had a rough run in GW 2 weeks ago when i was consistantly placing in the 150-75 rank in arena. The last few days i've placed anywhere from 8-1 and not had any real trouble completing GW. it just seems totally random. if it takes arena rank into consideration at all it's just a fraction of the overall formula. I will never understand it. I face a level 69 team in the first battle today, tomorrow i dont face anyone over 66 until the last few fights. it makes no sense.
  • Options
    i had a rough run in GW 2 weeks ago when i was consistantly placing in the 150-75 rank in arena. The last few days i've placed anywhere from 8-1 and not had any real trouble completing GW. it just seems totally random. if it takes arena rank into consideration at all it's just a fraction of the overall formula. I will never understand it. I face a level 69 team in the first battle today, tomorrow i dont face anyone over 66 until the last few fights. it makes no sense.

Seconded. I've reached rank 1 quite a few times since November. I only get paid out rank 1 every week or two. My day to day variation in GW is odd. I had one week shortly after level cap increase where I hit maxed whales between nodes 2-6. This led to my worst GW (node 4 wipeout) and a solid week of no clears. I had cleared almost every GW since start. I clear it lately, but sometimes the hardest teams are near the start.

Knights of the Mobile Republic