How do you know if you're ready for a heroic tank raid?

My guild can essentially finish the normal tank raid with 2 resets.
Start: One day for Phase 1.
1st rest: for Phase 2 to Phase 3 and about 20% of phase 4
2nd reset: For the mob sweep because phase 2/4 are easier than 1 and 3.

If we manage to get it done in one reset, will we be able to do a heroic rain?

Individually, will I be able to carry my weight if I join a guild who does heroic tank raid? swgoh.gg/tamon

Replies

• Options
    You aren't ready. My last guild could finish the nerfed normal tank raid in about 6 hours if we didn't prolong the phases and did not get through phase 2 on heroic. There is no readiness comparison with tank raids anymore. Rather, count the number of super teams in your guild and make sure you have 10+ super teams (i.e., g11 only toons ) for each phase. Your roster isn't bad, but I believe most heroic tank guilds are looking for 25 or so characters at g10 or 11. You have some decent characters leveled, but I think it would be tough for you to get 2% in each phase. But you aren't far off.
  • Options
    I have like 300-500 for each pieces of raid gear salvages. Im just trying to G11 my rebels, then my droids etc. Focusing resources.

So we need 10 G11 teams for each phase?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    It's going to be near impossible to be able to tell how far away you are with the huge nerf to the normal AAT raid. If it is taking you more than a day then your are most definitely not ready.

I say once you can beat normal in less than an hour you should run a heroic to see how far you get. There's a huge chance that you will end up wasting the coins but that really is the only way to tell now.
  • Options
    Honestly even if you are able to clear normal in less than a hour, you might not be ready. Normal can be done by a few players and mods doesnt matter as much. For heroric you need great mods on your teams. Without speed arrow, speed secondaries, crit damage triangle you got no chance doing decent damage. Furthermore you need great coorindation for heroric.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    There is no readiness comparison with tank raids anymore.

And that's a huge problem with the nerf of the normal mode. If only they had made this new nerfed mode an new tier (easy mode) and then only nerfed the normal mode slightly. The only way to really know how ready you are is to get everyone to do their best, when you test yourselves in a heroic raid.

• Options
    OK so one of our new officers started a heroic raid. We made it to about P3. LOL wasted the coins when I already told them we probably wont be able to cross P2.

I think thats the downside of the reset.
  • Options
    The only way to know is to try. P2 and P4 are likely the hardest phases at this point -- the Palpatine event has helped eliminate issues with P3.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    OK so one of our new officers started a heroic raid. We made it to about P3. LOL wasted the coins when I already told them we probably wont be able to cross P2.

I think thats the downside of the reset.

So, now you know. That's worth something, isn't it?
  • Options

Individually, will I be able to carry my weight if I join a guild who does heroic tank raid? swgoh.gg/tamon

If your guild needs a reset, then you're probably not ready for heroic.

I doubt you could 2% on all phases, that said, as people leave/quit the game, I'm pretty sure most guilds will be back at the 600 energy as the only requirement to join anyway.
  • Options

My Guild is in the same boat. We're not ready. There's about 4 of us that can clear normal by ourselves and then you have everyone else. They're solid but not "DEEP" which has been stated already. Best advice make sure half of your guild is deep with serious armored toons.
  • Options
    Is there any relative comparison between what a given team on a given phase can do in normal vs heroic? For example, if my jedi team can do 10% in P1 of normal can they do about 10% in heroic in the same phase? Maybe half of that? Or is it apples to oranges with gear and mods having significantly more importance?
  • Options
    Hunahpu wrote: »
    Is there any relative comparison between what a given team on a given phase can do in normal vs heroic? For example, if my jedi team can do 10% in P1 of normal can they do about 10% in heroic in the same phase? Maybe half of that? Or is it apples to oranges with gear and mods having significantly more importance?

No - Heroric function differently. For example P3, certain strategy doesnt work, so you might even do more Damage in Heroric than normal. P2 & P4 is a joke in comparison to Normal.

I think what matters most for Heroric are mods - really good mods. You want a speed arrow + Crit Damage trinagle on everyone.

Just to give an perspective about normal. We cleared normal without any coordination, a lot of double damage without any refresh with half of the guild.