star wars force arena

1235Next

Replies

• Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »
    Proof Rebels are OP. I'm fighting Cassian, I've got him on the ropes, he's only got the one turret left to defend his base. I've got a probe droid, tank, and AT-ST attacking it. My shield generator blows up, what? A second later I would have won, but apparently Cassian has a destroy the enemy's shield generator from across the map skill.

How am I supposed to get to tier 3 Durasteel when there's clearly cheaters and exploiters to deal with? I want to believe the game isn't P2W; but to get better cards you need to complete missions, to complete missions you need better cards.

No, you don't. I am in tier 3 Durasteel without spending a single cent. Just think what troops you need to upgrade, balance your squad and make sure your average energy cost is not too high or not too low as you need stronger troops as well.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Force Arena is more about the balance between strategy and skill while swgoh focuses on strategy

Please nobody say swgoh doesnt have strategy because of whales or op characters, because it does

Strategy or RNG? Arena battles, drop rates for shards and gears...all about RNG here. Where is strategy? You are working on a toon and when you have him maxed another better toon is released... OK, agree...a little bit strategy if you want. You make a squad for Arena and yes, this is strategy. When battle begins, RNG overcomes strategy.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Proof Rebels are OP. I'm fighting Cassian, I've got him on the ropes, he's only got the one turret left to defend his base. I've got a probe droid, tank, and AT-ST attacking it. My shield generator blows up, what? A second later I would have won, but apparently Cassian has a destroy the enemy's shield generator from across the map skill.

How am I supposed to get to tier 3 Durasteel when there's clearly cheaters and exploiters to deal with? I want to believe the game isn't P2W; but to get better cards you need to complete missions, to complete missions you need better cards.

Most likely you lost to rebel drop pod- i sneak that in and win all the time out of nowhere.

Rebel drop pod? It can dropped right on your base without having to eliminate base turrets first? How is that balanced game play?
    Artas wrote: »

No, you don't. I am in tier 3 Durasteel without spending a single cent. Just think what troops you need to upgrade, balance your squad and make sure your average energy cost is not too high or not too low as you need stronger troops as well.

I've got great units, but it appears Rebels have ways around them. My onslaught was set up perfectly; walker, tank, probe droid on the way. The fact Rebels have cards that they can drop directly on your base eliminates getting better units to fight back.

I don't know about this game, it's got balance issues that need to be worked out. And I may have exaggerated a bit about there being cheaters and exploiters, I was just upset I was so close to tier 3 Durasteel and it was taken away just like that. I got Tarkin today, so I'll try him out tomorrow, he already looks better than Krennic and I looted his unique with the booster I bought.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options

Most likely you lost to rebel drop pod- i sneak that in and win all the time out of nowhere.

Rebel drop pod? It can dropped right on your base without having to eliminate base turrets first? How is that balanced game play?

I've got great units, but it appears Rebels have ways around them. My onslaught was set up perfectly; walker, tank, probe droid on the way. The fact Rebels have cards that they can drop directly on your base eliminates getting better units to fight back.

I don't know about this game, it's got balance issues that need to be worked out. And I may have exaggerated a bit about there being cheaters and exploiters, I was just upset I was so close to tier 3 Durasteel and it was taken away just like that. I got Tarkin today, so I'll try him out tomorrow, he already looks better than Krennic and I looted his unique with the booster I bought.

Well...the dark side has Tie Bomber that deals AoE damage and with the same energy cost as rebels Drop Pod.
  • Options

Well...the dark side has Tie Bomber that deals AoE damage and with the same energy cost as rebels Drop Pod.

But the Tie Bomber isn't the same as the Drop Pod. And, the AT-ST is better at destroying enemy turrets.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

So how do I get this TIE Bomber? Certainly not in tier 2 packs, and I'm apparently facing people with the Rebel equivalent in tier 2. This basically supports my P2W claim. If you can just buy tier 3-4-5 cards while at tier 2, making yourself unbeatable until you rank up, that's the very definition of paying to win.

Just got to luck out and not face these people until I can enter tier 3 Durasteel. As much as simply trading places in GoH arena has it's flaws, at least everyone's gaining and losing by the same margin. Force Arena has a system losing more than you gain, making every loss require two wins to get back to where you were.
  • Options

So how do I get this TIE Bomber? Certainly not in tier 2 packs, and I'm apparently facing people with the Rebel equivalent in tier 2. This basically supports my P2W claim. If you can just buy tier 3-4-5 cards while at tier 2, making yourself unbeatable until you rank up, that's the very definition of paying to win.

Just got to luck out and not face these people until I can enter tier 3 Durasteel. As much as simply trading places in GoH arena has it's flaws, at least everyone's gaining and losing by the same margin. Force Arena has a system losing more than you gain, making every loss require two wins to get back to where you were.

Actually, it's a 17 point win/loss for people 200 below you in rating. 18-30 point win/loss for people within 200 of your rating. 31 point win/loss for people 200 above you in raiding.

I haven't spent a dime, and I'm 3000 rating points. Sure, i See the lvl 9+ guys who likely paid sometimes being hard to beat, but they paid to get that far ahead, and at some point, their advantage will level out as the FTP catch up in resources.

I could easily not pay a dime in this game (which I haven't), and constantly have something to do, and compete fairly.

Force Arena is very game skills and strategy dependent, compared to SWGOH. In FA, timing, positions, and Live movement actually matter, since you are LIVE against another real person. The better gamer will win in most cases.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Actually, it's a 17 point win/loss for people 200 below you in rating. 18-30 point win/loss for people within 200 of your rating. 31 point win/loss for people 200 above you in raiding.

I haven't spent a dime, and I'm 3000 rating points. Sure, i See the lvl 9+ guys who likely paid sometimes being hard to beat, but they paid to get that far ahead, and at some point, their advantage will level out as the FTP catch up in resources.

I could easily not pay a dime in this game (which I haven't), and constantly have something to do, and compete fairly.

Force Arena is very game skills and strategy dependent, compared to SWGOH. In FA, timing, positions, and Live movement actually matter, since you are LIVE against another real person. The better gamer will win in most cases.

I've won more than I've lost, and the better gamer does win more of the time. But in the case of my match against Cassian, it was not the better gamer. He had a card that destroyed my base in a single hit, before my guys who were at his base could destroy his shield generator. It was infuriating but another couple wins will put me ahead of where I originally was.

It's just annoying I can't advance until I reach tier 3 Durasteel. I'm not sure what rating that is though? winning that match would have put me into the 400's but I'm unsure where that puts my tier?
  • WalnutSauce
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I've won more than I've lost, and the better gamer does win more of the time. But in the case of my match against Cassian, it was not the better gamer. He had a card that destroyed my base in a single hit, before my guys who were at his base could destroy his shield generator. It was infuriating but another couple wins will put me ahead of where I originally was.

It's just annoying I can't advance until I reach tier 3 Durasteel. I'm not sure what rating that is though? winning that match would have put me into the 400's but I'm unsure where that puts my tier?

The rebel drop pod u speak of only drops 1 warrior so you had other issues to lose that fight..

Btw im ftp and made duralast division 2 on my way to tier 4 whatever thats called.

Lastly anyone else like telling some1 goodluck or goodjob after you defeated them..... that's the icing on the cake for me
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Force Arena is more about the balance between strategy and skill while swgoh focuses on strategy

Please nobody say swgoh doesnt have strategy because of whales or op characters, because it does

Strategy or RNG? Arena battles, drop rates for shards and gears...all about RNG here. Where is strategy? You are working on a toon and when you have him maxed another better toon is released... OK, agree...a little bit strategy if you want. You make a squad for Arena and yes, this is strategy. When battle begins, RNG overcomes strategy.

What do drop rates have to do with battle strategy? And you're saying you've never lost or won a battle due to the squad builds? Or that you're just as likely to win on auto than if you're playing yourself. Please.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

The rebel drop pod u speak of only drops 1 warrior so you had other issues to lose that fight..

Btw im ftp and made duralast division 2 on my way to tier 4 whatever thats called.

Lastly anyone else like telling some1 goodluck or goodjob after you defeated them..... that's the icing on the cake for me

Well if it wasn't a drop pod what was it? There wasn't a single enemy unit near my base, it had to be something he dropped directly on it. I was right there next to my shield generator defending it from any units he would try to sneak in, while I had my units right at his base attacking his shield generator.

I don't see any other way he could have snuck that victory in, unless he dropped a bomb on my base.
  • Options
    100% f2p...in chromium tier now creeping up on aurodnium tier now....been using luke heavily with zerg/distraction tactics and boba kill the leader so fast they cant do a dang thing tactic.

Luke does seem a bit cheesy...but honestly its not op...

Its about the player...and countering there tactics... some leaders are strong vs. other leaders, but your deck can negate that advantage and give you the edge. The only random is not knowing your opponent b4 you commit your deck 2 battle.

Drop pods cannot destroy turrets or shield generators in a single hit...it will take 3-5 of them pending placement.

If that cassian snuck drop pods on you then you were too focused on your push and ignored your rear...he exploited your weakness.

Its happened to me but you lose and learn.

Overall i am very pleased with force arena it seems pretty darn balanced....but few players have any leader cards at lv.2 yet alone any higher and im sure that will determine ALOT as it moves forward....when some abilities have dramactic % variations like 250% bonus dmg (luke) to 350% x5 (palpy) and 400% on someone (agent kallus i belive), rebs may seem strong in beginning but lol...darth sidious was meta at launch of swgoh....then dooku, etc... im sure it will change.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Drop pods cannot destroy turrets or shield generators in a single hit...it will take 3-5 of them pending placement.

If that cassian snuck drop pods on you then you were too focused on your push and ignored your rear...he exploited your weakness.

I was not ignoring my rear, I was right in front of my shield generator. I had my units at his base, I myself was babysitting my base because I know that some Rebel leaders are able to zerg their way to your base. Whatever he dropped did instant damage, not some unit that somehow walked past me.

I'm actually taking a small break from the game for a couple days, not that I played much to begin with. As a way to not get burnt out on it, and drop it for good. Since there's no dailies like GoH it's actually a reasonable thing to do.
  • Options

Well if it wasn't a drop pod what was it? There wasn't a single enemy unit near my base, it had to be something he dropped directly on it. I was right there next to my shield generator defending it from any units he would try to sneak in, while I had my units right at his base attacking his shield generator.

I don't see any other way he could have snuck that victory in, unless he dropped a bomb on my base.

I'm starting to think the timer ran out, and you didn't notice, and your SG blew up because he had the majority of turrets killed. It's the only way you Instant Lose your SG.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

I'm starting to think the timer ran out, and you didn't notice, and your SG blew up because he had the majority of turrets killed. It's the only way you Instant Lose your SG.

I've been having that thought also, it seems odd, but entirely possible I was not paying attention to the timer.
  • Options
    Well either way cassian is getting nerfed and idk if he is getting it more than the yeti is.... i dont have cassian, but hated playing against him...

Ive noticed that when i play imps...especially as boba or bossk i had ZERO problem with luke opponents since i knew EXACTLY what he was gonna do...glad luke didn't get nerfed because he actually IS easy to deal with....i just dont see peeps play him that much....hopefully with casdian nerf i will....and ill have boba ready! >:)
  • Options
    Well either way cassian is getting nerfed and idk if he is getting it more than the yeti is.... i dont have cassian, but hated playing against him...

Ive noticed that when i play imps...especially as boba or bossk i had ZERO problem with luke opponents since i knew EXACTLY what he was gonna do...glad luke didn't get nerfed because he actually IS easy to deal with....i just dont see peeps play him that much....hopefully with casdian nerf i will....and ill have boba ready! >:)

Cassian not getting nerfed atleast not in the next patch. He does the weakest damage out of all the leaders and his unique is subpar. Range is all he has and hes not even fast
  • Options
    Does anyone have any tips on playing with Jyn? I've been playing her non-stop since i unlocked her. I love her so much I even put her up to lvl 2 lol. I've just been having trouble building a consistent deck for her. Also trying to find a basic strategy to use. (Like how with Luke he works really well at rushing). I've been using her as a hit a run kind of, then knocking em off with her snipe spec as they try and run to heal.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Cassian not getting nerfed atleast not in the next patch. He does the weakest damage out of all the leaders and his unique is subpar. Range is all he has and hes not even fast

Then this offical post is a fabrication?

Commanders!

Welcome to our first balance update since the Global Release! Our developers have been pouring over the data we’ve received from you guys, from in-game data and the communities, and have decided to do a little balance update to help keep the game in a healthy state. We are working hard to make sure that there is a good level of balance in the game, and even if there are times where it is not perfect, we will actively be looking at how to improve it.

This balance patch will be focused primarily on balancing Leaders and the early tier Empire Cards. There will also be a few changes made to the starting cards. All stats in this note will be based on the level 1 stats of the cards.

● Matchmaking System Changes

Before we get into the juicy parts of the update, we are making a few changes to our Matchmaking system. After this balance patch, the new matchmaking system will be applied. This will mean that your matches should be quicker to find, as well as being maintaining its accuracy in trying to find players of your Rating Score.
    ● Starter Deck Changes

-Currently, the Rebel Alliance is leading in the early tiers win rate. We are making changes to the current Starting decks to help bring balance to the lower tiers, as we feel that the starting deck composition of the Rebel Alliance is slightly stronger than that of the Empire. We feel that the Rocket Stormtrooper is a little too weak for new users, and are changing it to the Probe Droid so that there is a small AoE effect which can help damage/defeat waves of enemies. To further help the balance for newer players, we are replacing the Wookie Warrior with Talz Marauders. This will not affect those who are currently playing Star Wars™: Force Arena, but will affect players who start after the patch.

● Balance Changes

Time for the main event. We have made some slight changes to the balance of certain Leaders and other Cards for both sides.

▶ MTV-7 Light Vehicle

MTC-7 is a necessary part of the Empires arsenal in the Early Tiers. This card was designed to have faster movement speed and a higher attack power than the MLC-3 Light Tank of the Rebel Alliance. We found however that early tier Empire decks lack units with high HP. By raising the HP of the Tank slightly, we are hoping that this will bring more balance to the early tiers, whilst not affecting the higher tiers in a significant way.
    l HP increased by +5%

▶ Tie Fighter

Right now, Tie Fighters have a higher attack power compared to the X-Wing, but its high energy requirement makes it less useful. We are making changes to the Tie Fighter to allow it to have a similar value to the X-Wing.
    l Energy Requirement decreased 4 ▶ 3 l Attack Power against Leader/Squad decreased 260 ▶ 195 l Attack Power against Buildings decreased 104 ▶ 78

▶ Gigoran Rebel

Gigoran Rebel was originally designed to deal high damage to one target. Originally he was supposed to take time between finding targets and attacks (similar to Emperial Heavy Gunners), however this was not applied. He is supposed to be weak against many units. His High HP and missing features was not intended. To fix this issue we have modified the following things

l HP decreased 642 ▶ 482 l Attack Range decreased 8.5 ▶ 7.5 l Now takes 1 second to change targets

▶ Director Orson Krennic

Director Orson Krennic is the first ranged leader that is given to the Galactic Empire. Developing a team for him to allow his Special Ability to shine is incredibly difficult as it means that you have to be losing in order for it to work. This makes it harder to use in comparison to other Special Abilities. Therefore, we are raising his stats to allow him to be played effectively, without taking a hit to his towers.
    l Attack Range increased 6.5 ▶ 7 l Attack Speed decreased 0.76s ▶ 0.7s l Skill Cooldown Time decreased 25s ▶ 22s

▶ Emperor Palpatine

We have made a slight change to Palpatine by giving him a small boost. The following changes should allow him to be a formidable foe.
    l Special Ability lasts longer 15s ▶ 18s l Special Ability boost Attack Power more 14% ▶ 15% l Skill Cooldown Time decreased 36s ▶ 32s

▶ Jyn Erso

-Jyn Erso is a character who has a different style compared to other Leaders. As she is capable in both melee or ranged, she requires quite a lot of skill to play effectively. To help her perform a little better than she has been, the following changes will be made.

l Skill Power increased 400% ▶ 475%

▶ Sabine Wren - Sabine Wren has incredible movement speed with a great skill kit. We have been incredibly impressed with her impact, however we feel that her special ability is a little too strong, especially when paired with the Unstable GNK Droid (This trauma will most likely effect Empire Players for a long time). We are making a small change on her special ability, and will continue to monitor her performance.

l Special Ability stat decreased 25% ▶ 20%

▶ Captain Cassian Andor

His very long range normal attack and his strong leadership has made Captain Cassian Andor a very strong Rebel Leader. He ended up being stronger than our original intention, so we feel that a change was in order. He will still be a long distance sniper character, but we are adjusting his stats to make him a little more manageable than he was previously.
    l Attack Range decreased 13 ▶ 11 l After Attacking, animation delay decreased by around 30%. This will allow you to move slightly quicker after attacking l Attack Power against Leader/Squad decreased 145 ▶ 131 l Attack Power against Buildings decreased 78 ▶ 66

● Advantages/Disadvantages have been modified

Advantages and disadvantages that can be found in game have been modified.

※ This balance patch will be applied 1/20 (Time is still being determined). ※ Modification can be changed when applied on to the server. This Balance Patch will not be applied straight away, and will be applied in tomorrows update
  • Options

Then this offical post is a fabrication?

Commanders!

Welcome to our first balance update since the Global Release! Our developers have been pouring over the data we’ve received from you guys, from in-game data and the communities, and have decided to do a little balance update to help keep the game in a healthy state. We are working hard to make sure that there is a good level of balance in the game, and even if there are times where it is not perfect, we will actively be looking at how to improve it.

This balance patch will be focused primarily on balancing Leaders and the early tier Empire Cards. There will also be a few changes made to the starting cards. All stats in this note will be based on the level 1 stats of the cards.

● Matchmaking System Changes

Before we get into the juicy parts of the update, we are making a few changes to our Matchmaking system. After this balance patch, the new matchmaking system will be applied. This will mean that your matches should be quicker to find, as well as being maintaining its accuracy in trying to find players of your Rating Score.
    ● Starter Deck Changes

-Currently, the Rebel Alliance is leading in the early tiers win rate. We are making changes to the current Starting decks to help bring balance to the lower tiers, as we feel that the starting deck composition of the Rebel Alliance is slightly stronger than that of the Empire. We feel that the Rocket Stormtrooper is a little too weak for new users, and are changing it to the Probe Droid so that there is a small AoE effect which can help damage/defeat waves of enemies. To further help the balance for newer players, we are replacing the Wookie Warrior with Talz Marauders. This will not affect those who are currently playing Star Wars™: Force Arena, but will affect players who start after the patch.

● Balance Changes

Time for the main event. We have made some slight changes to the balance of certain Leaders and other Cards for both sides.

▶ MTV-7 Light Vehicle

MTC-7 is a necessary part of the Empires arsenal in the Early Tiers. This card was designed to have faster movement speed and a higher attack power than the MLC-3 Light Tank of the Rebel Alliance. We found however that early tier Empire decks lack units with high HP. By raising the HP of the Tank slightly, we are hoping that this will bring more balance to the early tiers, whilst not affecting the higher tiers in a significant way.
    l HP increased by +5%

▶ Tie Fighter

Right now, Tie Fighters have a higher attack power compared to the X-Wing, but its high energy requirement makes it less useful. We are making changes to the Tie Fighter to allow it to have a similar value to the X-Wing.
    l Energy Requirement decreased 4 ▶ 3 l Attack Power against Leader/Squad decreased 260 ▶ 195 l Attack Power against Buildings decreased 104 ▶ 78

▶ Gigoran Rebel

Gigoran Rebel was originally designed to deal high damage to one target. Originally he was supposed to take time between finding targets and attacks (similar to Emperial Heavy Gunners), however this was not applied. He is supposed to be weak against many units. His High HP and missing features was not intended. To fix this issue we have modified the following things

l HP decreased 642 ▶ 482 l Attack Range decreased 8.5 ▶ 7.5 l Now takes 1 second to change targets

▶ Director Orson Krennic

Director Orson Krennic is the first ranged leader that is given to the Galactic Empire. Developing a team for him to allow his Special Ability to shine is incredibly difficult as it means that you have to be losing in order for it to work. This makes it harder to use in comparison to other Special Abilities. Therefore, we are raising his stats to allow him to be played effectively, without taking a hit to his towers.
    l Attack Range increased 6.5 ▶ 7 l Attack Speed decreased 0.76s ▶ 0.7s l Skill Cooldown Time decreased 25s ▶ 22s

▶ Emperor Palpatine

We have made a slight change to Palpatine by giving him a small boost. The following changes should allow him to be a formidable foe.
    l Special Ability lasts longer 15s ▶ 18s l Special Ability boost Attack Power more 14% ▶ 15% l Skill Cooldown Time decreased 36s ▶ 32s

▶ Jyn Erso

-Jyn Erso is a character who has a different style compared to other Leaders. As she is capable in both melee or ranged, she requires quite a lot of skill to play effectively. To help her perform a little better than she has been, the following changes will be made.

l Skill Power increased 400% ▶ 475%

▶ Sabine Wren - Sabine Wren has incredible movement speed with a great skill kit. We have been incredibly impressed with her impact, however we feel that her special ability is a little too strong, especially when paired with the Unstable GNK Droid (This trauma will most likely effect Empire Players for a long time). We are making a small change on her special ability, and will continue to monitor her performance.

l Special Ability stat decreased 25% ▶ 20%

▶ Captain Cassian Andor

His very long range normal attack and his strong leadership has made Captain Cassian Andor a very strong Rebel Leader. He ended up being stronger than our original intention, so we feel that a change was in order. He will still be a long distance sniper character, but we are adjusting his stats to make him a little more manageable than he was previously.
    l Attack Range decreased 13 ▶ 11 l After Attacking, animation delay decreased by around 30%. This will allow you to move slightly quicker after attacking l Attack Power against Leader/Squad decreased 145 ▶ 131 l Attack Power against Buildings decreased 78 ▶ 66

● Advantages/Disadvantages have been modified

Advantages and disadvantages that can be found in game have been modified.

※ This balance patch will be applied 1/20 (Time is still being determined). ※ Modification can be changed when applied on to the server. This Balance Patch will not be applied straight away, and will be applied in tomorrows update

Wow, just knocked unconscious by the nerfbat for spending resourses to level Cassian up. I guess Force Arena is more similar to Heroes than I thought.
  • Options
    Not crazy about it. Pretty cool, but I'm a KOTOR fan more so
  • Options
    I was disappointed to hear about the Cassian nerf, since I have only held my ranking because of him. Then again, I hate playing against him as Imperials.
    Really need a boost to Empire though, because I cannot complete the damned challenges quickly with them. I have a spam deck with Rebels that almost always wins. With Imperials...I think the only card under 3 energy I have are items. I'd love some more spammable Stormtroopers. Sitting around waiting for 7 or 5 energy just to launch 1 frigging unit is ridiculous.
    Meanwhile, I can deploy about 5 units for 7 energy with rebels.

• Options
    I'm really enjoying this game. Just started yesterday. It's a good mix between Star Wars: Commander and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes in that you have live action but can control what your hero does in battle!
  • Options
    I can't play FA after getting into Vainglory.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu