star wars force arena

Replies

• Velocitious
    276 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Force Arena isn't that bad. It's only released today, don't expect it to be awesome. The developers will add more content in the game.

Also, why post this in General Discussion? This should be in Off Topic. I'm pretty sure mods will delete this thread.
  • Options
    Lol you know what would be cool if some people would let things progress and not say things like you will probably get warned...How about this if a post irritates you move along. We have people who police this forum. We do not need more.
  • Options
    force arena are way similiar with clash royale, fight for high placement for eterrnnn...kidding aside if swgoh can bore me in 4 month swfa can be boring on 4 minute
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    It's a Clash Royale clone with a few differences. It's interesting at first but it gets repetitive and boring really fast. The combat is better, wish Arena had that battle system as there's a lot more variation and skill involved.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I m gonna download force arena
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    When comparing these two games for their quality, keep in mind that swgoh has had over a year of updates, whales paying money, and tons of players. Force arena literally just launched and has a lot of room to grow (separatist and republic factions anyone?)

Probably not going to happen because the game is Rebels vs Empire. Separatists and Republic characters won't appear in the game unless the developers made it Light Side vs Dark Side instead. I still don't know why Boba Fett, Dengar, and Bossk are "Empire" though, unless I'm forgetting something.

Anyway, I've spent more than 12 hours playing Force Arena and overall, the game is great. They still need to add more contents and features like tournaments, leaderboards, etc. I mostly play as Rebels because Empire is weak and not that frightening when you encounter them. Also, the Empire needs more leaders as the Rebels has more. For beginners, if you're going to play as Empire, I recommend not to use Krennic because he is barely strong, unless you get lucky with him and win.

they are empire due to vader hiring them to hunt down han

their are leaderboards but it just tells you who the top tier players are
  • Options
    Not my favorite game format, but the other developer (will keep nameless) has built up a decent amount of respect. Already impressed with the character choices. Jedi Luke, Admiral Thrawn. Yes, please! I also like that their games usually have flexible character unlocking, instead of caging OP characters behind pay walls. Real-time battles are pretty fun too! Too bad we can't have a similar setup in this game. I like the turn-based strategy format better, but the bugs and P2W structure are maddening.
  • Options
    I downloaded it, played and deleted. Do not like action games on mobile devices... I think they are more for strategy
  • Options
    Ehh, it was alright. I downloaded it, started of 7-0, joined a guild, traded my leader card a couple times, lost a battle, then deleted. I can only be addicted to mobile game at a time. I have a year into SWGOH, so it'll need to be a much better game (or something to really aggrivate me with SWGOH) to persuade me to give that up.
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am really enjoying force arena. No pressure to pay2win, though I could see myself spending on it. The graphics are great, gameplay is super fun. I also have a Baze and Chirrut team and I didn't have to go whale on any tournaments to get them! I don't think force arena will make anyone quit SWGOH, but it's a nice supplement to have another SW game to play that's actually good. I enjoy it more than SW Battlefront XD
  • Options
    I downloaded it and will probably try it out a bit longer but I doubt it will replace SWGOH for me. I like the collector aspect of SWGOH more and like that I know exactly how to collect the toons I want.

With Force Arena, collection happens randomly via packs.

I also prefer the simpler game play of SWGOH. Especially since it's a mobile game.
  • Options
    I heard you have to wait 3 hours at the beginning to open a pack you earn.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Both games are great in their own way. But compairing them would be like compairing apples and oranges. Yes they are both Star Wars games but they each appeal to different players. I really enjoy both and see myself playing both games for a long time.
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    its slowly p2w i think they use same tactic as they did on their other game...what its name mff..what?(idk why m and f got censored)
    the cake is a lie
  • OskarWulfgar
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You do PvP to get cards to do PvP to get cards to do PvP to get cards.

So basically if swgoh was just the arena and chars with only star levels no gear, mods, or levels you have force arena.

Really boring and even more repetitive than swgoh.

Oh and its even more difficult to remain F2P in game, the prices for everything scale so fast yet the currency you receive goes up so slowly.
  • Options
    I like Force Arena.... BUT....

it is not free to play what so ever.... past lv9. Give or take. But, it is fun up until it becomes pay to play.. not win... just to play, progress and compete. So yeah, ill give it a 4/5 while it is ftp. And 2/10 when you run out of crystals, credits and booster. Because you will... you will.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Options
    Moved to off topic.

Enjoying both Star Wars games. It's great time to be a sw fans!
  • Options
    Force arena finally a live player Vs player

Downloaded it and hooked.

I'm worried for swgoh now...
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm playing it, but its not a game I am even remotely tempted to sink $1 into. I'll play F2P for fun but I can't see myself joining a guild or getting competitive in it.

The Star Wars characters is the appeal but I prefer the game play/collection aspect of SWGOH much better. I like that you can develop characters different ways in SWGOH depending on what aspect you want to play them in.

For example, Rex for Arena would be modded much differently than Rex for Rancor raid.

I also love all the different Arena lineups you can run utilizing different abilities for different toons in SWGOH.

Force Arena would be much more of a game to play in between waiting for Arena cool down to expire and progress very gradually. SWGOH is much more grind daily to develop toons to build Arena and raid teams to stay competitive.
  • Options
    Moved to off topic.

Enjoying both Star Wars games. It's great time to be a sw fans!

Totally agree I'm loving the different style
  • Options
    AusEmpire is a new guild who highly encourage active players and since we are a new guild first 3 people to join get promoted for free then if you invite 3 more players u get promoted again, may the force be with you
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    When comparing these two games for their quality, keep in mind that swgoh has had over a year of updates, whales paying money, and tons of players. Force arena literally just launched and has a lot of room to grow (separatist and republic factions anyone?)

Probably not going to happen because the game is Rebels vs Empire. Separatists and Republic characters won't appear in the game unless the developers made it Light Side vs Dark Side instead. I still don't know why Boba Fett, Dengar, and Bossk are "Empire" though, unless I'm forgetting something.

Anyway, I've spent more than 12 hours playing Force Arena and overall, the game is great. They still need to add more contents and features like tournaments, leaderboards, etc. I mostly play as Rebels because Empire is weak and not that frightening when you encounter them. Also, the Empire needs more leaders as the Rebels has more. For beginners, if you're going to play as Empire, I recommend not to use Krennic because he is barely strong, unless you get lucky with him and win.

Just because the game is currently empire vs rebellion doesn't mean they cant add new factions. Im not saying I'd rather play those battles, but I don't think we can rule them out as a possible future addition.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Force Arena is more about the balance between strategy and skill while swgoh focuses on strategy

Please nobody say swgoh doesnt have strategy because of whales or op characters, because it does
  • Options
    Please keep all the Force Arena discussion within this thread
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sweet they've made a pay to win moba. Sounds great...sarcasm. I've played a few matches and already fighting people with clearly better units then me. There's absolutely no way to get any of these cards F2P to compete so your rank is going to be low. Meanwhile, the people with RNG are climbing. Mobas shouldn't be Pay to Win.
  • Options
    Midirataj wrote: »
    Playing chess?
    Really? Chess?
    Have you played chess?
    The skill, the knowledge.
    Game costing 5$.

Ohh, You mean Turn based. Right.
    Well 21st century it is.

Turn based, yes of course. But it has a ton of other similarities with chess: you can take a long time to plan out your move, each piece/toon has different abilities, etc. I agree, it's not the best analogy..
    KyloRey wrote: »
    I'm playing it, but its not a game I am even remotely tempted to sink $1 into. I'll play F2P for fun but I can't see myself joining a guild or getting competitive in it.

That's what I said about swgoh... Look at me now.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Tried out Vader today, he's awful. Low health, low damage, and a special that doesn't work on bigger units. Luke's a monster in the battle field, he deflects blaster bolts and has a powerful lightsaber swing, you want a melee leader he's the one.

Baze and Sabine seem to be the OP Rebels in this game. Baze is a tanky high damage attacker. While Sabine is a fast moving instant kill on all but the biggest of units. Luckily though, your units play a huge factor in your success. I've beaten a Baze who decided to charge his tanky self through my left turret with cheaper units he could spawn on the way, while I sent a walker and missile trooper down the other path that destroyed his base before he could destroy mine.

Sadly though it was a much closer match than I'd have liked. I beat him that time, but the fact he just charged himself through my left turret, base turret, and almost destroyed my shield generator with me actively summoning defense units. There seems to be a lack of game balance to say the least.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Proof Rebels are OP. I'm fighting Cassian, I've got him on the ropes, he's only got the one turret left to defend his base. I've got a probe droid, tank, and AT-ST attacking it. My shield generator blows up, what? A second later I would have won, but apparently Cassian has a destroy the enemy's shield generator from across the map skill.

How am I supposed to get to tier 3 Durasteel when there's clearly cheaters and exploiters to deal with? I want to believe the game isn't P2W; but to get better cards you need to complete missions, to complete missions you need better cards.
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    Proof Rebels are OP. I'm fighting Cassian, I've got him on the ropes, he's only got the one turret left to defend his base. I've got a probe droid, tank, and AT-ST attacking it. My shield generator blows up, what? A second later I would have won, but apparently Cassian has a destroy the enemy's shield generator from across the map skill.

How am I supposed to get to tier 3 Durasteel when there's clearly cheaters and exploiters to deal with? I want to believe the game isn't P2W; but to get better cards you need to complete missions, to complete missions you need better cards.

The game is new. It's impossible to have cheaters and exploiters. Just because you lost doesn't mean that they are cheaters.
  • Options
    War wrote: »

Most likely you lost to rebel drop pod- i sneak that in and win all the time out of nowhere.