Zeta maul lead arena how to beat?

Well on my shard we have our first Darth maul Zeta lead with tfp, palp, Vader and baze.

Not tried yet but seen him hold first most of day, my current squad is wiggs, chaze and K-2SO all maxed and G11.

Would just like to ask the community here what have you found to be effective counter to this squad?

This will allow me to plan gear / character have all character apart from GG and GK.

Replies

• Options
    I heard people saying a fast Yoda with QGJ Zeta Lead... or very fast Rex...
    Do or do not...
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    chirrut/yoda needs to be faster than their ep/maul. This can require running AA or QGJ lead. If you don't get tenacity up you'll likely lose.

sith will have 20% TM at the start of the encounter. so you'll need to get the speed of their EP and multiply it by 1.25

example:
    EP:200 base speed (will have an effective first turn speed of 250)
    chirrut/yoda/rex will need speed 251 to go first
  • Options
    Thanks and helpful info, luckily I was worried but my squad beat them, first time with 3 left standing and second time no loses.

He's ep is 208 and my chirrut is 230 but last the initial barrage and first time lost wiggs after i got palp down, then all just feeding me hots.

Though I think he can mods better as can I and may have to change tactics so the information from you greatly appreciated.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86916/geonosian-team-help#latest

Well a guy in this thread is certain that his geonisian squad could take down a zeta maul.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Anyways I run zeta maul and have lost once on offense so far. It was against boba/wiggs/Solo/ep.
    I just played it terrible not really thinking much about he fight. His boba is super fast tho. That team and wiggs/chaze is the only teams that can beat me atm.
  • Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    chirrut/yoda needs to be faster than their ep/maul. This can require running AA or QGJ lead. If you don't get tenacity up you'll likely lose.

sith will have 20% TM at the start of the encounter. so you'll need to get the speed of their EP and multiply it by 1.25

example:
    EP:200 base speed (will have an effective first turn speed of 250)
    chirrut/yoda/rex will need speed 251 to go first

@wisenuts: why 1.25 if it's 20% TM? Thanks in advance.
    Do or do not...
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @DarthZannaH
    You need 100% tm to fill your tm bar..
    The sith only need 80
    100/80=1.25
    They start out 1.25 times as fast
    MATH!!!
  • Options
    What he said. Good luck
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    @DarthZannaH
    The sith only need 80
    100/80=1.25
    MATH!!!
    They start 1.2 times as fast
    Because they gain 20% of their speed at the beginning as turn meter
    So if your EP is at 200 speed it would under a maul zeta actually start with 240 not 250 speed so to go first today or chirrup would only need 241 speed or higher

• Options
    @DarthZannaH
    The sith only need 80
    100/80=1.25
    MATH!!!
    They start 1.2 times as fast
    Because they gain 20% of their speed at the beginning as turn meter
    So if your EP is at 200 speed it would under a maul zeta actually start with 240 not 250 speed so to go first today or chirrup would only need 241 speed or higher

This is incorrect. The 1.25 ratio is the one to use.

• Options
    Why would it be 1.25, that would be a them starting with 25% turnmeter
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Why would it be 1.25, that would be a them starting with 25% turnmeter

Go back to school.
    It works the exact way I said above.
    @DarthMortalitis
  • Options
    You realize that the speed difference is because your char has to move just over 25% Tm in the same time theirs has to move 20%, hence why you need to move at 125.25% of their speed to get moving first.
  • Options
    @Jetlife
    Just looked at it again
    Sorry man my bad
  • Options
    @DarthZannaH
    The sith only need 80
    100/80=1.25
    MATH!!!

@Jetlife I understood now, finally someone explained it fair and simple. Thanks.
    Do or do not...