What ever happened to Friday Community Updates???

Phipps
1107 posts Member
@CG_CapGaSP
@EA_Jesse

There use to always be regular Friday updates regarding what to expect in the future.
Lately, these seem to be few and far between, is this permanent?
Or
Will regular Friday updates be starting back up again for the new year?

Anyone else have any info on this, Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    I don't ever remember seeing our Friday updates were going away. Do keep us updated on what's going on, especially now more then ever we could use some insight.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    With rumors running rampant of no more tournaments, and people talking of 5th ewoks and R2D2 coming in, it would be nice to have an idea of what is headed our way at least in the event area.
    Post edited by RancorPackGuild on
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    OP, you're totally jumping the gun. First off, it's Thursday. Second, keep in mind, which has been stated multiple times over the last few weeks, EA/CG have both been out of the offices for the extended holidays from late last year to early this year. A community update was given just this past Monday:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86486/community-update-1-9-2017
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Most....useless......update.....ever..

And the updates were supposed to be every friday, sometime around October they stopped being regular
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Most....useless......update.....ever..

And the updates were supposed to be every friday, sometime around October they stopped being regular

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/developer-updates

Looks like plenty of community updates since October.
  • Options
    OP, you're totally jumping the gun. First off, it's Thursday. Second, keep in mind, which has been stated multiple times over the last few weeks, EA/CG have both been out of the offices for the extended holidays from late last year to early this year. A community update was given just this past Monday:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86486/community-update-1-9-2017

I hope they never merge leader boards. It's taken me a long time to get where I have. Please EA don't do it!!!
  • Options

I hope they never merge leader boards. It's taken me a long time to get where I have. Please EA don't do it!!!

Do it!! I need more competition and all the actual smart and good people have quit playing on my shard. It's not that fun when only 2 people on your server can beat you. It's not as fun as I thought it would be.
    No joke.
  • Options
    I think they gave us one update once on a Friday, then stopped ever since.
  • Options
    Remember when one week the community was awaiting an update hoping for big news then jesse posted a rogue one video...haha

Why do we play this...
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »

Do it!! I need more competition and all the actual smart and good people have quit playing on my shard. It's not that fun when only 2 people on your server can beat you. It's not as fun as I thought it would be.
    No joke.

Well your team is pretty great lol. I'm on your shard usually in top 20-30. If I had a little $$$ maybe I could give you some more competition.
  • Options
    So is this coming out today?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the development team has been on Christmas break but I could be wrong. I would assume we can expect weekly updates again soon.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Hack wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the development team has been on Christmas break but I could be wrong. I would assume we can expect weekly updates again soon.

Break or other they know what is coming and could still provide some info on hot topics floating around. That is what community updates have been about you know Telling the community what is going on.
  • Options

Aaaaaaaaaand now it's Friday (almost Saturday) and no one cares about a leaderboard fix...or the leaderboard at all for that matter lol.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Break or other they know what is coming and could still provide some info on hot topics floating around. That is what community updates have been about you know Telling the community what is going on.

I would bet they actually don't know what's coming. They know what they are developing but not when it will be done and finished testing.

They are probably hesitant after the whole August thing.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I would bet they actually don't know what's coming. They know what they are developing but not when it will be done and finished testing.

It is also possible that they originally had more tournaments planned but are reevaluating things due to community feedback. Or they could be trying to fix problems with the current system before setting a release a date for the next one. I'm sure in either case they would be scrambling to get some kind of events ready to keep people happy until they get it figured it out. I would like to see a release schedule also but I wouldn't be suprised if they didnt have one yet.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That is probably closer to the truth.