Most disappointing characters

Prev1
Who are your most disappointing characters? By this I mean someone who you love in the films who turns out to be pretty useless in the game. For me it has to be Greedo. I was so excited to get him because imo he's an iconic character in ANH and would have loved to have seen him as an actual viable character to use.

Replies

• Options
    Kylo Ren. Favourite character in TFA and now the entire Star Wars franchise, and in this game he is as bad as Mob enforcer, Ugnaught and CUP.

At least my previous favourite character Emperor Palpatine/ Darth Sidious turned out to be a game changer for my roster and progress in this game

Kylo rework plz devs. Even Finn got one.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    I am going to bet that Kylo, Finn, Rey, and Poe will get some +++ by August.
  • Options
    DrewR wrote: »

Er, Rey only just was kicked out of the meta and Finn's Zeta has turned Resistance into a threat now.
  • Options
    Count Dooku. First Char i farmed. Squishy and doesn't hit hard enough. Regretted it ever since. Could have RG or JC instead
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    All of the tuskens. They look so cool but they're just not that great...
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options

Er, Rey only just was kicked out of the meta and Finn's Zeta has turned Resistance into a threat now.

Well, we have to think like EA. The question is how to sale bunch of $99.99 resistance pack comes August. And based on all 3 already farmable..........there will be a new Rey, lightsaber one!
    Lightsaber Rey + Old Finn + Old Poe (maybe some + back) for $99.99!
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    general grievous
  • Options
    Tarkin and Kylo
  • Options
    Ky10Ren wrote: »
    Kylo Ren. Favourite character in TFA and now the entire Star Wars franchise, and in this game he is as bad as Mob enforcer, Ugnaught and CUP.

At least my previous favourite character Emperor Palpatine/ Darth Sidious turned out to be a game changer for my roster and progress in this game

There is such a thing as a Kylo Ren fan?! Huh...

Now, I despise the dark side so you couldn't make me a fan anyway, but KR seems like a rather sorry excuse of a sith. What do you like about him? His daddy issues? His temper problems? His weak combat skills? ^^

And I'm not disliking the actor BTW, I actually think he did a great job.
  • Options
    Kylo Ren gets my vote too.

• DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Actually Kylo here fits his role in SW7. Someone who is strong in force but lacks training / weak combat skills. He most likely will be +++ at SW8 and so will be his toon here.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo ren was "whiny" because he was still conflicted and wasnt fully god or bad. Once snoke trains him to be a sith, he'll just be filled with rage and be a total badass. Just wait...
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Kylo ren was "whiny" because he was still conflicted and wasnt fully god or bad. Once snoke trains him to be a sith, he'll just be filled with rage and be a total badass. Just wait...

Fair point. I remain unconvinced, but let's see how it goes.
  • Options
    Every time I watch force awakens I am reminded how weak Kylo is.. completely untrained.. By far the second (to Darth Vader) coolest outfit, and the best lightsaber ever.. but the worst damage he does is to a chair, a wall, and an old man committing suicide.. I know he was injured, but he should have destroyed Finn and Rey whooped that a..

Point being - they got his character spot on..

Biggest disappointments to me are when they make an insignificant character and make them super in the game.. like Bistan.. the original one I can think of is Royal Guard.. what did a RG ever do in the movies except stand there.. then we're stuck playing with characters that we don't even like..
  • Options
    Ugnaught
  • Options
    Mace Windu and to some extent Yoda
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Actually, now that zFinn has been unleashed, we have yet to see the true potential of a zRey with a Resistance team. We got a smidgen of that capability here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86270/2-4-million-damage-in-heroic-att-with-resistance-team
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Ledinis wrote: »

With Yoda, there's definite credence to that. Now with his dual Zeta's, he could be a beast in a properly lead team.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    General Grievous, followed relatively closely by Tarkin.
  • Options
    Ledinis wrote: »

With Yoda, there's definite credence to that. Now with his dual Zeta's, he could be a beast in a properly lead team.

With both zetas, under a QGJ zeta lead with Kenobi in a team... theres a lot of things you need to have to make him worth the slot, and seeing as he is a Grandmaster of the jedi order its a bit underwhelming to say the least.
  • Options
    Kylo, by far. However, it seems all the mod challenge synergies are getting reworks. So possibly a Jedi/First Order rework is coming soon?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Ky10Ren wrote: »

How is he possibly your favorite character?
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda. All that Jedi farming to get him too and wasn't really worth it.
  • Options
    Kylo Ren definitely has a case. I'm inclined to say Grievous, just because it takes so long to get him.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Holio wrote: »
    Every time I watch force awakens I am reminded how weak Kylo is.. completely untrained.. By far the second (to Darth Vader) coolest outfit, and the best lightsaber ever.. but the worst damage he does is to a chair, a wall, and an old man committing suicide.. I know he was injured, but he should have destroyed Finn and Rey whooped that a..

Agree for the most part, but he did seem to be pretty adept at certain force feats. Sometimes force users tend to be stronger at certain things or have a natural gravitation/specialization towards certain abilities, like Obi-Wan with the mind trick for example.

Kylo certainly didn't appear to be an expert duelist like Yoda or Mace. Then again, this isn't exactly the golden age of lighsaber combat. But his ability to probe people's minds and extract information appears to be one of his strengths.

I was also impressed with his multi-tasking; when he stopped that laser bolt mid blast and just held it there the whole time while carrying on a conversation lol. Or when he dragged that dude towards him with the force like a rag doll.

His force ability seems exceptional. Dat rage tho lol

Also, I think Rey is Kenobi lineage, which could explain her resistance to Kylo.

• STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    General Grievous. He was insane in clone wars TV show and the comics...but he is soo underwhelming in game. Plus all the time it takes to unlock a pretty bad character isnt worth it. He needs a rework so badly. How did Finn get a rework before grievous anyway?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Holio wrote: »

Agree for the most part, but he did seem to be pretty adept at certain force feats. Sometimes force users tend to be stronger at certain things or have a natural gravitation/specialization towards certain abilities, like Obi-Wan with the mind trick for example.

Kylo certainly didn't appear to be an expert duelist like Yoda or Mace. Then again, this isn't exactly the golden age of lighsaber combat. But his ability to probe people's minds and extract information appears to be one of his strengths.

I was also impressed with his multi-tasking; when he stopped that laser bolt mid blast and just held it there the whole time while carrying on a conversation lol. Or when he dragged that dude towards him with the force like a rag doll.

His force ability seems exceptional. Dat rage tho lol

Also, I think Rey is Kenobi lineage, which could explain her resistance to Kylo.

This pretty much describes exactly what I was thinking. I was honestly super surprised to see that none of his skills in game had anything to do with the force. It only has to do with his attitude and how his lightsaber looks. I'd love if they reworked his character to be less of the lightsaber flinging poor duelist into a terrifying force wielder. He should be able to rip buffs away from enemies and replace them with debuffs via his force mind probing, and maybe give him some kind of ability thats defensive against blasters or something.
  • Options
    Kylo should have 70 %counter against blasters but instead of taking damage he just fires them back where they came from. Would make up for his Weak damage
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    General Grievous. He was insane in clone wars TV show and the comics...but he is soo underwhelming in game. Plus all the time it takes to unlock a pretty bad character isnt worth it. He needs a rework so badly. How did Finn get a rework before grievous anyway?

Community feedback ;)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).