Galctic War difficulty

Prev13
Do you happen to know what exactly determines your difficulty in the Galactic War? I created a 2nd account and the difference in difficulty between the 2 is astounding. With my primary account, I'm level 61, consistently in the top 100 in squad arena, and have a squad power of 18,290 with my top 5. 7 star Sidious at gear level 8 , 5 star Luminara gear levl 7, 4 star Consular gear level 8, 5 star Chewy gear level 7, and 4 star Poe gear level 5. It seems the better I get my crew, the harder Galactic War is. I haven't even completed it once with this account. Is it determined by how far you've unlocked the light side/dark side battles? Or the cantina battles? Or what about your rank in squad arena? There's got to be an algarythm to it. My other account is UNREAL! I've got a weaker squad and I'e beaten the entire Galactic War over a dozen times. I think my overall power is 15,000. It's infuriating! Any information you can share would be great.

Replies

• Options
    Good question!

It has to have some algorithm like you stated, but I have no idea.

From what I have seen I thought it may be a combination of your squad strength coupled with how strong people are. Reason I say this is as they have just increased the level option to 70 and increased the gear level options it seems that the teams picked can only bethe people who keep pace with increasing their team power....

Who knows, I could really be off the mark
  • Options
    Looking at mine vs some of my friends that play as well, I can only think it has to do with squad rank. One of my friends is very close to me in battle strength but is ranked in the 700s while I am in the 100s and mine is much more difficult then his
  • Options
    The algorithim is victory= Y/E+D.
    Y is your team
    E is enemy
    D is dooku.

Studies at MIT (mustifar institute of tech) and Yavin A&M show that the key to winning galactic war is the Dooku Varriable. At the primal stage of your younger account, a wild Dooku is too young and not mature enough to do damage to your squad, which is why u always win.
    At the mature state of your reqular account, the wild Dookus u may encounter are very strong, and have more stun abilities than bill clinton does fat hookers. This is the reason that u have much more trouble winning on your main account.

Works Cited
    -Mustifar Institute of Tech
    -Yavin A&M
    -Dathomir University
    -Stabba the Hutt, toon biologist
    -Buzz Lightyear, astronomist
  • Options
    Funny, but wildly unhelpful. For the rest of you, stay tuned. I'm going to let my rank fall and see what happens. I've been as high as 45 and usually stay between 65 and 95 daily. Hopefully that's the trick. I'd rather get 1200 war tokens a day than 725 of the squad battle tokens.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    No one knows
  • Options
    The algorithim is victory= Y/E+D.
    Y is your team
    E is enemy
    D is dooku.

Studies at MIT (mustifar institute of tech) and Yavin A&M show that the key to winning galactic war is the Dooku Varriable. At the primal stage of your younger account, a wild Dooku is too young and not mature enough to do damage to your squad, which is why u always win.
    At the mature state of your reqular account, the wild Dookus u may encounter are very strong, and have more stun abilities than bill clinton does fat hookers. This is the reason that u have much more trouble winning on your main account.

Works Cited
    -Mustifar Institute of Tech
    -Yavin A&M
    -Dathomir University
    -Stabba the Hutt, toon biologist
    -Buzz Lightyear, astronomist

Loooooooool
  • TimCastle11
    39 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I had been completed GW everyday before and after the updated.
    However, I couldn't finish it for the first time yesterday. It got very harder from the 3rd fight. Then, My main team started fall apart at the 6th fight. There were Rey, Poe, Kylo, Sid, & Vader 4* at the same lv as mine. Also they all had 6-7* with purple gears. I couldn't go further than 8th. That was ridiculous...
  • Options
    I had been completed GW everyday before and after the updated.
    However, I couldn't finish it for the first time yesterday. It got very harder from the 3rd fight. Then, My main team started fall apart at the 6th fight. There were Rey, Poe, Kylo, Sid, & Vader 4* at the same lv as mine. Also they all had 6-7* with purple gears. I couldn't go further than 8th. That was ridiculous...

Best glad that you managed to clear it every day and now you are entering end game, they are giving you a challenge.
  • Options
    i can't finish gw yesterday so little bit worried about gw today. but somehow it is little bit easier today.
    So maybe it is true that gw difficulty rise up when you always win, but may decreased next day if you can't finish it?
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I consistently finish top five on my server at lvl 60. I run 7* Sid, 7* Lumi, 6* Luke, 5* Poe, and 4* Dooku (all purple gear). Obviously it is a young server. For GW I run the same team except I swap in JC for Poe in the early rounds, then sometimes add Poe for Dooku in the later rounds. For some reason my GW is ridiculously easy (knocks on wood). I rarely need to restart a match and I haven't failed to complete it since my first few attempts back when I unlocked it. Before the changes GW felt like a challenge (maybe because I didn't know about the force close **** at the time) but these days for me it's just another daily activity.
  • Options
    Id never completed it until the first update where they raised the lvl cap to 70, then i beat it every day till the newest update, haven't even got to the last 3 since. Everyone i face from the second lvl is lvl 60+ great squad, daka, dooku, sid etc. who are faster and do more damage than me. I'm sure they've made it harder in the update, if no one else has noticed that, I've gone from top 500 to top 200 in gw, as well as unlocking a couple of semi-decent toons, though they're not levelled.
  • Options
    Yeah its a messed up curve for me too...

First time: they were all lvl ~20; peace of cake.
    Second time: they're all lvl ~40 and gang up on my healers, dodge and Crit constantly.

Haven't been able to finish a single one since that first one.....
    I'm only lvl 42.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Funny, but wildly unhelpful. For the rest of you, stay tuned. I'm going to let my rank fall and see what happens. I've been as high as 45 and usually stay between 65 and 95 daily. Hopefully that's the trick. I'd rather get 1200 war tokens a day than 725 of the squad battle tokens.

I'm top 5 and my GW is easy. I think it has more to do with the people in your server.

This is a standsrd battle for me:
    http://imgur.com/EZ8tkLB
  • Options
    Someone mentioned the difficulty being related to your top toons. And I did notice the GW matches towards the latter end get really difficult. I thought back to how hard it got each time as I leveled up and every time my Sid went up a star so did GW teams.

So if anything it all depends on your best toon. If that really is the case I might hold off making Sid 7* til I get lumi and a few others starred up a bit.
  • Options
    Ok, hum... Why do they get harder every day!?

I'm lvl 42, and today's galactic war started with lvl 43 team..... How am I supposed to do this?
  • Options
    1st one: first battle is lvl 20.
    2nd: first battle is lvl 40. (Couldn't finish)
    3rd: first battle is lvl 43. (Don't think I'll finish)

Is this normal!?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I have several 6* bit no 7"
  • Options
    I'm also really confuse with GW. All my ppl are LV 56 and geared to the nines. I find that my opponents all have names just like in the arena. Are we facing each other? With the new 70 update are people getting stronger and thus GW is harder? I've never won once at lower levels or now at near 60. Sometimes I face a harder team and then a really weak team after that.
  • Options
    Ok I just got wiped out before I retreat. I don't think I can complete GW anymore. It's stressing me out seeing opponents who are 2-5 levels higher than me and they're all purple 5* to 7*...Maybe I'll just sacrifice all my toons and be after for 800 war tokens. RIP team :'(
  • Options
    If you are having difficulty in GW, you might want to check out this thread:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8977/team-instinct-how-to-beat-galactic-war
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

I'm top 5 and my GW is easy. I think it has more to do with the people in your server.

This is a standsrd battle for me:
    http://imgur.com/EZ8tkLB

Not sure this is true. The top 100 of the server I'm on is all in the 55-45 level range. Most of their characters are 4* and 5* except for the big spenders who have 6* Chromium characters. I consistently get guys though in the mid 60s with 6*/7* gear 7+ characters that stall me out mid GW. I know those guys aren't on my server. I always check all the way through GW and have yet to face anyone in my top 100. I'm currently <20 on my server and surely would come across the guys in my area at near the end of GW if that were the case.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, every theory we have shows some inconsistency
  • Options
    No consistency. I am upgrading my toons aggressively and fighting Arena top 20s regularly. My GW difficulty is random. Haven't lost in ages but some days are just easier or harder.
  • Options
    Today again GW is harder. Facing teams like Doku 5*, sid 7*, GS 7*, what to do. I am level 62, sid 7* Lumi 6* GS 5*. I have no chance. There are so many dookus in my server. I also pay in ios account. There I am level 59 I finish gw without a single retreat almost and swapping just one toon - JC I lower battles and Lumi in higher ones. It seems since I started ios account late there was no Doku pack but in Android there was Doku pack I never bought and now I am regretting seeing all those dookus out there in GW. I finish top 5 on arena BTW.
  • Options
    Let me introduce my typical insanely hard GW experience. My team is not bad, 19300 total, 7* Sid, 5* Phasma, 5* Ventress, 5* Lumi, and 4* JC (working on him). Below are shots....

eVbcQyy.png
    rziKSgI.png
    8mUsoEh.png
    JazNbZk.png
    ynT07ei.png

Those are just my primaries, I have a quite decent bench that I sub out whenever needed, and I have a ton of throwaways that I can use just to absorb first round alpha strikes with. This is my typical match-up, I know it's later in the game, but trust me when I say this is almost every fight from 5 or 6 on up.

24C8m8u.png

While I have come close, I haven't finished GW since the update, not once. I beat this particular team, but it ended up taking out my alpha, beta, and charlie squads to do it, and I still had 2 left to go...

CG...please do something about this, it's ruining what enjoyment we get out of this game. I understand things need to be difficult, but not above-and-beyond hard where it takes all the fun out of the game.
  • Options
    CM_Halon, try getting those teams while you are only in the 40s. It really makes you not want to play.
  • Options
    CM_Halon, try getting those teams while you are only in the 40s. It really makes you not want to play.

I have a second account at 46-49 and while I get some nasty level 55-58 teams, I haven't had any at 61-ish or higher on it.

• Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse one suggestion for GW from what I have felt recently. Since the matchmaking has not been made public what I am writing is just speculation.

If your matchmaking is based purely on Squad Power then there is a big flaw. How? See if there is a Poe or poggle or Doku in a team, they will be on low stars, so the squad power of the enemy is low. But if you see the actual effectiveness of the team, it is a very hard team to defeat, without taking a bad beating. Just like in arena, where I sometimes lose against teams 2k lower than me but win against 2k higher power if they have characters like JC, Chewie or Talia.

In addition do you also consider the synergy of the team when you do a matchmaking. A good synergy team will be difficult to beat, at least in this starting stage of the game, where without spending money getting a good synergized team is difficult.

So you do consider these variables while doing matchmaking, if yes then a big thumbs up. If not please tell the devs if incorporating these features is possible. GW matchmaking is an area that needs a very good algorithm and some iteration based on player feedback and your data on the server side. Being a software programmer myself I know there is a lot of variables to take into account, but I am sure we all will appreciate if GW match-matchmaking is made better.
  • Options
    So up until January 28th i had accumulated 22 galactic war wins, most of those in a row in January, i have not lost it in a long time. typically i would only lose 1-3 of my top characters and that would be on the second or third last fight. I also rarely had to retreat, I found mainly that galactic war was a marathon, not a sprint, meaning it was about managing the same characters over 12 battles not about winning any particular fight.

Now since the january 28th update i cant come close to winning, i get 4-5 battles in and im facing level 60+ teams with 6-7 stats and level 7 gear, half my team is wiped out before i have even got one full round of attacking in, no matter how many times i retreat or reorganize my team I cant even seem to kill one enemy on the 5th battle today, not one single enemy.

I have dooku hitting 3-4 times ina row, stunning at least one person every salvo, barris healing anyone i do hurt, and kylo ren spamming group attacks while sid makes my whole team healing immune..... Im not sure what happened but it feels like they jacked the difficulty so that the one place i was collecting shards reliably will no longer give them to me.