Galctic War difficulty

Replies

• Options
    I dont have a problem with losing, but i do start to think something is up when i go from clearing every time to not getting past the 5th battle once an update is implemented.

As for getting out my wallet i may be a whiner but im not a ****, seeing as most chromium packs give shards, and if you have a character already you just get shards its probably reasonable to state that you average 20 shards per pack, seeing as how you need 330 shards to max a character that is 16.5 packs per character you want to max out, which is 5040 crystals per character maxed, which at a cost of 140 CAD for 15,710 crystals is about 40 dollars per character, so a team of 5 would cost you 200 dollars CAD, if you want a light and dark side team thats 400 dollars.

Of course the reality is it will cost more than this because you wont get exactly the shards you want in every pack.

So the moral of the story is if you want to win pay hundreds of dollars for this game, vs going out and buying a good console or PC game for a fraction of the cost less frustration and more fun.

Sorry not a fan of pay to win, especially when they drive up the difficulty to coerce you into a pay to win mode.
  • Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    So up until January 28th i had accumulated 22 galactic war wins, most of those in a row in January, i have not lost it in a long time. typically i would only lose 1-3 of my top characters and that would be on the second or third last fight. I also rarely had to retreat, I found mainly that galactic war was a marathon, not a sprint, meaning it was about managing the same characters over 12 battles not about winning any particular fight.

Now since the january 28th update i cant come close to winning, i get 4-5 battles in and im facing level 60+ teams with 6-7 stats and level 7 gear, half my team is wiped out before i have even got one full round of attacking in, no matter how many times i retreat or reorganize my team I cant even seem to kill one enemy on the 5th battle today, not one single enemy.

I have dooku hitting 3-4 times ina row, stunning at least one person every salvo, barris healing anyone i do hurt, and kylo ren spamming group attacks while sid makes my whole team healing immune..... Im not sure what happened but it feels like they jacked the difficulty so that the one place i was collecting shards reliably will no longer give them to me.

Get your wallet out. Anyway you are supposed to win all the time. Stop whining just get on with it.
    You've posted this all across the forum, stop trolling and spend more for bragging rights
  • Options
    I'm having no problems at all, actually I'm having easier battles
  • Options
    Thanks for the input Ray, maybe im just hitting a rough patch, i will have to see what the next week brings for sure.
  • Options
    I have two accounts. After update on one is getting difficult to move beyond 8th, 9th node. On the other I rarely retreat and finish gw with just 5 toons. Don't know what the update did.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    Thanks for the input Ray, maybe im just hitting a rough patch, i will have to see what the next week brings for sure.

Mine has been easy as well. You just got a bad pull.
  • Options
    I've had a slight difficulty increase the past couple of days, but I mostly attribute that to hitting lvl60. People say GW gets harder then. Still 25 wins in a row though and going strong :)
  • Options
    It is a random pull of characters/levels/skills. I have finished 15/16 but one day out of my last 4 nodes I had 3 high level Poe hiding glass cannons in a row and just lost a toon each battle. Since the update I have noticed that the levels and skills are slightly higher, but the overall difficulty is about the same. However, remember every now and then you can get a couple bad pulls and lose some toons. Depth is important and having a toon or 2 to sacrifice can be super helpful.
  • Options
    I've hit what I thought was a wall when I was level 63 and facing level 65 toons on the final node. Kept dying and retreating until RNG worked in my favour with Ahsoka, Rey and Sid completely dodging and dishing out critical hits. Lumi and Barris working together to pull off heals and equalization through heal immunity. That was after 30 attempts of losing and retreating. I barely made it through that final round with my entire team in the red when I finally overcame it. That was just nerve racking to say the least.
  • Options
    Galactic wars start at levels higher than my own.

Since my first attempt on Jan 26, they -litetally- DOUBLED in strength.
    Haven't been able to finish a single one since.

Ludicrous spike indeed....
  • Options
    4 days is a pretty small sample.

• Options
    I've actually won each time since the update on the 28th. (Didn't even realize there was an update actually) I just figured I was getting lucky. There are so many random theories out there on GW I just wish they would give us a tiny hint as to what goes into it so we could stop speculating. My guess is they don't know how to get it to work how they want so they are mum on it.

Since all we have to go off of is speculation and superstition as to what works and doesn't for GW. I find that if I do GW first thing, right after the nightly reset I end up with pretty easy pulls. I've actually auto'd the last 2 nights with ease. Before that I would get a random team that was 12-15 levels higher than me and all purple gear. Last couple nights, the highest person over me was 8 levels, but they were all in 4-6 gear.

Sorry you got the bad luck I was having with it before this.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

Small sample yup, but from peace-of-cake to impossible is noticeable. And insane.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

Small sample yup, but from peace-of-cake to impossible is noticeable. And insane.

That is the only reason i posted, i was winning handily every day, and today i could not even get 400 of those green things to cash in
  • Options
    I was on 27 or 28 in a row, and it was like night and day. Literally the first node had a team full of guys higher lvl than me.

Good thing I had a bunch of credits banked up because this does not look like it's going to be an automatic win. I don't much like it because even when it was "easy" it was the better part of an hour to complete. If I have to spend much more time just to complete one aspect of this daily game, this thing might be too much of a time commitment....
  • Options
    I got further today but im level 60 and i ran into a team from a level 66 player the toons ranged from level 60-64 they were all purple geared and its a massacre. i suppose it is doable if you really are able to field several full teams, but i only have one character at level 60, i dont get THAT many training droids
  • Options
    Yep I had won at least ten in a row, then have not won in several days. I keep getting teams in the middle of the MFing map that just wipe their rear with my A team after my suicide squad uses up their specials. It is a joke.
  • Options
    Wow so in the 7th node their 7* VIII phasma is regularly doing 5200 dmg. Yep seems legit
  • Options
    Im currently lvl 67, with 6-7 heros leveled to aroun 60-65, 4-6 stars. I haven't gotten past the 7th battle in GW since the 1/28 update. I regularly finished it before the update, usually losing 2-3 characters along the way.

Now I can go through my entire collection of heroes (about 35 of them) in every configuration imaginable, on this one level and still barely pass it. All enemies on battle 7 are lvl 63 with 6 and 7 stars. Waaaay OP. After about a week of failures, I'm starting to lose it.

The GW used to be one of my favorite areas, and seemed like the only way to get ahead and really collect a healthy number of shards, but now it's one of my least favorite aspects of the game.

By the way... I'm getting REALLY tired of battling Duku and Sidious in EVERY difficult battle... is their extreme level of OP going to be addressed in a future update?
  • Options
    Terminex wrote: »
    Im currently lvl 67, with 6-7 heros leveled to aroun 60-65, 4-6 stars. I haven't gotten past the 7th battle in GW since the 1/28 update. I regularly finished it before the update, usually losing 2-3 characters along the way.

Now I can go through my entire collection of heroes (about 35 of them) in every configuration imaginable, on this one level and still barely pass it. All enemies on battle 7 are lvl 63 with 6 and 7 stars. Waaaay OP. After about a week of failures, I'm starting to lose it.

The GW used to be one of my favorite areas, and seemed like the only way to get ahead and really collect a healthy number of shards, but now it's one of my least favorite aspects of the game.

By the way... I'm getting REALLY tired of battling Duku and Sidious in EVERY difficult battle... is their extreme level of OP going to be addressed in a future update?

I got further today but stll have not finished since the update, and you are absolutely right, getting an opposing team that is almost always the same (Luminara, Sid, and Dooku are core in virtually every team) and they are all purple gear 6-7 stars and a higher level than my best toons.... its kinda silly.

It also used to be the most fun part of the game, the rest of it is just grinding easy battles for shards, this was where i HAD to play, i could not auto cause your refreshes between battles are absolutely key to winning. now it does not matter so much cause im gonna lose either way.

As a note maybe its cause im paying more attention to it, but it seems like the real difficulty spike is not so much in the level of the teams you face, but their gear and ability upgrades.
  • Bakhtosh
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Had been doing great in GW until I hit level 56 last night. Now the stuff has hit the fan. I'm level 56, geared up to 6 & 7, working on farming shards: have one 6* finally, a 5*, and 3 4s. Scraped by a level 63 team, but this one is level 64, has 7,6,6,4,4, all purple gear. They kill at least one per round, and Nothing I throw at them hits. My suicide, high DPS team lost 2 before I could move and everyone else was 50%. Sounds like a big ole "F you" from the devs.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, and thank you all for sharing. I decided to reduce my ranking in the Squad Arena to see if that would change anything. I'd heard the difficulty of GW is based on your level, your squad power, and your squad arena rank. I went down to rank 2500 or something like that for a couple days and saw ZERO improvement. In fact, it's gotten even harder. So I'm convinced that the GW difficulty is a mixture of your best possible squad power, and what EA server you're on. That was a theory another user pointed out a while back and I think it makes the most sense. Even here one of you mentioned your account is vastly different from your friends' game experience. I think it's because the server you and I are on happen to have more powerful players, thus making it more difficult. While others have less powerful opponents. It's unfortunate for us, because it seems the more I try to get powerful enough to beat it, the more difficult my opponents become. It's not a great system. If it's this challenging, what's my motivation to try? I have to win some times, right? Am I just being a diva?
  • Options
    I think it's mainly chance. I've never had a team lower than lv 49 lv or higher than lv 66. I quite frequently run into teams that are 4 levels higher than I am. I've heard from other people that they win GW very easily and they usually don't meet teams that are on a much higher level. So... I think it's chance :/
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think the server you are on influences GW, but not because enemies are pulled from your server. I think the game looks your arena rank, but then qualify that rsnk by servers. So being #1 in a new server with mostly lvl 50sometjing and 17k power isn't as impressive as being #50 I'm a server with 100 whales with power 27k
  • Options
    GW.. Last 4 wars were all 7 star in full purple gear. I get they want it to be difficult, but this was impossible
  • Options
    I usually always finish GW (haven't missed completion since mid December).
    This was mostly due to my server being relatively young (There are non lvl70 and non full stars/gear in the top 10) and me trying to keep a relatively low profile ( i.e. I try to keep a low power score and low rank on the arena to match an easier GW team. I'm lvl 69 and use a lot of non 7 stars, while just trying to maintain my rank outside the top 50)

Unfortunately today I faced this team.
    All Full gear 7* level 70
    Phasma (L)
    Poe
    FOTP
    Leia
    Lumi

I don't know.. I've taken down level 70s in full gear, even today without a single casualty. But 7* Leia And 7* FOTP???
    With 7* Poe And Phasma And Lumi????

You've got to be kidding me.

So I looked up this guy on our server ranks and....

Well, he's not there.

Granted I haven't checked everyone down to outside rank 100, but I doubt someone with those specs would loiter around outside 100 just for kicks.

Has anyone else found faced people outside your server?

• Options
    Yes. They aren't servers btw, just leaderboards. You can add allies (I think) and face GW opponents from other leaderboards.
  • Options
    I'm glad it's not just me. I'm at level 60 and have built up a lot of my characters. Before the update, I could pretty consistently win and now I get like half way through and most of my characters are gone. Just another way to suck money out of us. Very frustrating