Does anybody actually use Bistan?

Hey, friends! I know Bistan got a lot of flack for being in-game but only being on-screen for a few moments.. but I have a question about him.

I'm sure he has his pros in both raids, but I'd actually like to know how he does in Arena. Currently I'm running Wiggs Chaze and a rotating 5th (B2, EP, or Shore depending on my opponent) but I managed to promote Jyn in the last tourney and wanted to make use of her and Cassian.

So! Obviously moving Wiggs out of my squad means a lot less raw damage, but I'm considering Jyn (L) - Cassian - Chaze - Bistan. I figure the exposes from Bistan's basic as well as Cassian's abilities will make up in some regards for losing Wiggs, especially since I'll have one Zeta ready soon enough.

Would this team do well in arena? Are there any AI issues I should know about? Or should I stick with Wiggs Chaze and build some other toons? I'm in a young shard where most of us are just hitting or passing level 80.

Thanks ahead of time!!

Replies

• Options
    I was thinking about bistan too. Does anyone know which action he does when controlled by AI?
  • Options
    I have Bistan at 6* gear 8, I really don't find him useful at all. I've been grinding him because my SRP is strong and I have the U-wing. I keep trying to find a use for him in other modes, but I just keep finding pretty much anyone else. I REALLY want him to be useful as I can't un-grind him but but IMHO almost any other Rebel would be a better choice. His TMR is useful though
  • Options
    I was thinking about bistan too. Does anyone know which action he does when controlled by AI?

There's a couple of guys on my shard with Bistan in Arena, IIRC the two times I've fought him he used Frenzy first
  • Options
    I would like to know Bistan is good in raids...as I've started farming him lol
  • Options
    Kajjm wrote: »
    I would like to know Bistan is good in raids...as I've started farming him lol

He's OK imho, his TMR special is useful but not as useful as toons that TMR on their basics
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    Useful with Vader Zeta
  • Options
    So when he uses frenzy first he should be good on defense with ackbar lead (+25 speed and an extra attack on every special not dealing dmg). Just make him super fast, he does frenzy, +20% TM for the team, extra attack, then let ackbar take turn, he does tactical genuis, extra attack, bistans turn, remove TM, bistan again basic, biggs special, bistan, wedge special, bistan, then sthan taunt and +30% TM for the team. Sounds good on paper.
  • Options
    I see him kinda as an offensive STHan. Speed him up and use frenzy to give everyone TM. He's easier to speed up over STHan as he already has that advantage. Problem is with freny first turn you'll fill up everyone's turn meter and so when an ally uses a special Bistan gains 100% turn meter but everyone else is at 100 as well so it's RNG who goes first. It could very well work in your favor but it also may not. Also a fast TFP and B2 kinda make him worthless. So he's got some positives for sure but it really depends on your opponent and RNG.
  • Options
    True. I'll probably move towards Jyn (ZL) - Wiggs - Chaze unless K-2 becomes farmable. Bistan just has too many liabilities that are much more avoidable with Wiggs.
  • Mormanimal81
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have him and love him! His frenzy is awesome! When he is maxed out his TMR is very fast. He is great if you have a rogue one team. If you run wiggs there are better options. But I run him with Chase and he really shines. I run. Jyn lead then Chirrut, Baze, Bistan, and K-2SO. Been top of my Arena since I put this team together. He is great in the Rancor raid and insane if paired with Jyn.
  • RGs_Thraken
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ApocLFC wrote: »
    Problem is with freny first turn you'll fill up everyone's turn meter and so when an ally uses a special Bistan gains 100% turn meter but everyone else is at 100 as well so it's RNG who goes first.

Its not random if you do the math and set it up correct. As an ex short time droid user its easy to set up. Search forum for turn order
    ApocLFC wrote: »
    Also a fast TFP and B2 kinda make him worthless. So he's got some positives for sure but it really depends on your opponent and RNG.

TFP is ofcourse an issue so maybe baze is a must have to help vs him.

B2 is always an issue, i believe only lots of luck and good rng helps here

Boba has 2 more base speed but AA lead should cover that.

I dont know how bobas leader ability works with speed gain but i cant see him being faster then bistan. Anyone an idea?
  • Options
    Don't plan on using AA lead ever tbh. Jyn has higher base speed and can use her first turn to drain their fastest toon then give Bistan full TM and advantage, then Bistan uses Frenzy to boost the rest of the team. Jyn is honestly so fast that using that special as a leading move doesn't really make a difference imo.
  • Options
    Don't plan on using AA lead ever tbh. Jyn has higher base speed and can use her first turn to drain their fastest toon then give Bistan full TM and advantage, then Bistan uses Frenzy to boost the rest of the team. Jyn is honestly so fast that using that special as a leading move doesn't really make a difference imo.

Oh nice, i didnt consider that! I have used ackbar for so long that i do not see any rebel team without him. And keep in mind that your opponents fight you in arena and AI controls your squad. I dont know if the AI is Intelligent enough to do exactly what you described.

• Options
    especially since I'll have one Zeta ready soon enough.

Get out. Haha.

Though I suppose we're safe for a little while longer, given zetas require level 82-84 depending on the character.
  • Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    especially since I'll have one Zeta ready soon enough.

Get out. Haha.

Though I suppose we're safe for a little while longer, given zetas require level 82-84 depending on the character.

Definitely have a ways to go, but i just mean that I'll be able to farm them from challenges (which I can't do on my main.. i never invested in ships there lol). Can't wait for Omegas, either way haha!
  • Options
    Hey, friends! I know Bistan got a lot of flack for being in-game but only being on-screen for a few moments.. but I have a question about him.

I'm sure he has his pros in both raids, but I'd actually like to know how he does in Arena. Currently I'm running Wiggs Chaze and a rotating 5th (B2, EP, or Shore depending on my opponent) but I managed to promote Jyn in the last tourney and wanted to make use of her and Cassian.

So! Obviously moving Wiggs out of my squad means a lot less raw damage, but I'm considering Jyn (L) - Cassian - Chaze - Bistan. I figure the exposes from Bistan's basic as well as Cassian's abilities will make up in some regards for losing Wiggs, especially since I'll have one Zeta ready soon enough.

Would this team do well in arena? Are there any AI issues I should know about? Or should I stick with Wiggs Chaze and build some other toons? I'm in a young shard where most of us are just hitting or passing level 80.

Thanks ahead of time!!

His ship is the best ship of the game
  • Options
    Who?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Who?

Bistan's ship
  • Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    Who?

Bistan's ship

.........explain
  • Thanaton
    166 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Who?

Bistan's ship

.........explain

Bistan's U-Wing piloted with SPF & Bistan.

EDIT: *click* **** it...
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I really like him. He enables my team to get 8 shots off before my opponent even gets one. With Akbar lead plus speed mods he almost always goes first. His frenzy pushes the rest of my team to full TM.

My opening usually goes something like this: Bistan frenzy (Ackbar lead causes Ackbar or SRP to attack). SRP taunts and aoe hit, Bistan then uses special for TM reduction, QuiGon uses his assist attack, Bistan uses regular attack, Ackbar uses tactical genius w/ Bistan or SRP assist, opponent's glass canon is usually dead by now, Luminara then uses her special on whichever opponent's special I want to block and then takes another turn with tactical genius.

8 shots before my opponent gets one is awesome, and once I get Bistan to level 56 and upgrade his frenzy it will be 9 shots
  • Options
    There's a guy on my server that stays in top 10 with;

Wedge(L)
    Biggs
    Chaze
    Bistan
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Zeta vader/boba/bistan/gamorean guard/5th wheel
  • Options
    I probably would use him if he was 7* but don't currently have him high enough on the want list to do that. 5* dark side ships are higher priority currently.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    I think the biggest question is basically "does Bistan under Jyn lead make up for losing Wiggs' damage" closely followed by "is this team particularly easy to quash with a meta team"
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Z vader/boba/bistan6*/gamorean guard5*/jyn5*
    Been using them in t5 raid to get 1.5 mill saber tosses 500k executions. Rancor is always at 13-15 turns b4 dead.

Bistans frenzy is what makes him valuable under zeta vader lead...4 possible dots from bistan, 2 dots from boba, 2 dots from gamorean guard, 3 dots from vader. 11 dots from all...of course to fully utilize frenzy you need to use specials...but almost everthing you do stacks dots or uses them to amp dmg. The rest expose or take tm.

I do not belive t7 rancor tenacity will affect this since both jyn and bistan tm steal potency will build up to 100% and if i have 13-15 turns on t5 then it should still be valid. Should.
  • Options
    Really not interested in how he fares for raids, especially not Rancor as my guild has a fairly consistent scoring system (e.g., I'm not interested in soloing the Pit lol).

I guess I'll do my thinking on including him in arena. I've got some time to consider it.
  • Options
    Who?

Bistan's ship

Apologies, I was responding to the title of the thread, referring to the rat in the movie that we're just gonna call Bistan.

But yes, unfortunately his ship is good ('unfortunately' because that means one needs to farm Bistan's and SRP's shards and gear).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

Thanks ahead of time!!

His ship is the best ship of the game

Why is it the best ship?
  • Options
    SRP's crew ability. Handing out 30% turn meter (at max stats) every time you land a target lock is a lot of extra speed, especially when using a fleet based around target locks.