Game Update 1/17/2017 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Pretty sure I will get my **** kicked. If it's the same difficulty as Military Might, I won't even pass T1. Rey is the only character even remotely near the required strength. So unless she can solo it, I won't be getting a bunch of Geonosian shards.
  • Options
    I hope they are strong but balanced and have counters so they are beatable and not OP. Kinda like how every toon in this game should be..
  • Options
    They will be OP, new Meta will likly be EP Vador TFP and these guys.

Nothing around here gets Nerfed, they just keep introducing new Toons that break the standard META.

So they will be a counter for GK and Chaze.

Think about it, why would players keep spending $$$ on the game after they have maxed out there Squad. The only way to get players to spend more, is if the new chars are superior.

• Options
    Not sure on my team yet. I have:
    Rey 7* 85 gear X
    Teebo 7* 81 gear X
    EE 7* 80 gear X
    Poe 7* 85 gear VIII
    Resistance Trooper 7* 67 gear VIII
    Finn 5* 67 gear VIII
    Resistance Pilot 7* 67 gear VII
    Ugnaught 5* 43 gear V

I have the shards to take Ugnaught to 7* but will probably put those credits towards training up whoever I decide on for a 5th since I'm way behind on gear for Ugnaught. Not really liking my options.
  • Options
    It won't matter if they are powerful. Why?

1. I'm sure the event will only allow us to unlock them at 3* so they won't be arena or raid viable.
    2. Then they will be unfarmable toons for 6 months that will require you would to commit $300-$1000 to 7*.
    3. Then they will move to a cantina node so you can't farm necessary mods with speed secondaries while you get them.
    4. By then the meta will have changed again.

Sound about right?

That's the game. Spot on.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Pretty sure I will get my **** kicked. If it's the same difficulty as Military Might, I won't even pass T1. Rey is the only character even remotely near the required strength. So unless she can solo it, I won't be getting a bunch of Geonosian shards.

same
  • Options
    Serya wrote: »
    640 crystals for 8 shoretrooper shards. I hardly call that farmable. Pass

At 320 crystals for 4 shards that's around $150 if you bought all the crystals at once. Better than aurodium pack prices unless you were really lucky.

At least they are somewhere.... I bought the $100 rouge one pack and have no way to finish the characters that were unlocked. I know they planned to do it in Tournaments but we are still waiting on that update....

I can't imagine the plan was to complete tournament toons through tournaments. How are ally point based tourneys generating income? It was playable content which was nice and something this game sorely lacks.

• Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_JohnSalera

Will the 5th Ewok finally be released before the event?

doubt... it all about darkside for a few month, maybe in may or june after we get a few darkside people
  • Options
    I'll struggle for sure.

Rey - level 80 | 7* | g8
    Teebo - level 70 | 7* | g7
    EE - level 61 | 7* | g8
    Resistance Pilot - level 59 | 7* | g3
    Resistance Trooper - level 37| 7* | g4

If i get lucky and beat the 1st tier i won't stand a chance against t2
  • Options
    I suspect we're due for another chromium release toon. Every single toon is or has been ftp if you count tournaments.

I haven't seen chirrut cassian or jyn anywhere. So no they are not all f2p yet
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Don't see the krennic, dt event any where. Help?
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Options
    Ugnaught, Resistance, or Ewok characters needed. Another event that I have no characters ready for . Oh and only a week away, plenty of warning there. Thanks EA

(Please refrain from using foul language in the forums. Thanks!)

For those complaining in a vain similar to the above, a few points, if I may:

1) Anyone serious about doing damage in Rancor Phase 1 should have at least 2 solid Ewoks (Teebo and EE). Those two should be a given in almost any roster that has been playing since the first raids came out months ago.

2) Rey is a great DPS for mid-game...and has been practically since launch. Same as #1 - almost everyone should have her. That's already 3 of 5.

3) Many people who ran droids at launch used Poe (also Resistence).

4) It was widely speculated from the first hints of the AAT raid that Uggy would be useful (and he is, to a point). It was later discovered that Chirpa (another Ewok) was also useful in Phase 3 of AAT, when paired with EP.

5) Finn was reworked, has synergies with Poe and is the current "toon of the month". Surely you didn't think they would rework a toon with synergies and not make use of him?

My point is that if you are complaining because you don't have at least some of the above decently leveled and geared, you are either:

A ) A newer-ish player. Sorry, sometimes this game DOES actually reward people for having deeper rosters because they've been playing for a year...or more.

B ) Not paying attention and chose to farm heroes when there were numerous reasons to farm several of the above.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    When did ewoks or resistance ever battle separatists? It would make more sense to be able to use clones or jedi imo

clones are already in the empire assault. it may not make sense canon-wise, but remember this game is essentially a card game that throws the canon time-line out the window. you arent using actual ewoks, rather an ewok card

edit: well, not throw out the time-line, more so you can think that this game takes place after everything else in the star wars universe

It's a game played by people within the universe, a star Wars yu gi oh, or MtG if you will, played like a video game...
  • Options
    Everyone should have at least Teebo and Rey. At this point everyone has farmed almost all the GW toons, if you haven't at least farmed Resistance Pilot to 7* for ships you have far worse problems.

So there's at least 3 that EVERYONE should have already leveled at a minimum. Finn and Poe are gear hogs. and Resistance Trooper, EE are a slow farm(Use guild shipments) as well as Ewok Scout.

Getting to 5 in a week is very doable.
  • Options
    I suspect we're due for another chromium release toon. Every single toon is or has been ftp if you count tournaments.

I don't count tournaments. In fact, I went to Anchorhead and had my memory erased, so as not to have to recall these "tournaments" you speak of. What are "tournaments"?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    The update notes from yesterday seem to indicate that we will earn shards for Krennic and DT in an event similar to the Android exclusive K2SO event. Whether or not this will give us a full unlock isn't clear, but one can only hope.
  • Options
    I didn't read all posts, but why everybody decides that "Dark Side" means empire? :smile:
    Maybe Krennic and DT will be last empire characters - maybe we will got some more Sith... Separatists
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

1) Anyone serious about doing damage in Rancor Phase 1 should have at least 2 solid Ewoks (Teebo and EE). Those two should be a given in almost any roster that has been playing since the first raids came out months ago.

I don't have Ewok Elder. I mean, I have him on my roster (5* L35 gV), but that was just a lucky Bronzium drop and a few guild shipments here and there. I haven't used him once. You don't need EE for the Pit Phase 1. Teebo, Wiggs (Twiggs?) can do it themselves, really. Recently I've been having fun clearing it with Teebo, QGJ, TFP, Vader, Luke. EE is not a given.
  • Options
    Hype thus far it sounds like everything I've been wanting from this game since October.

Mind you I'd really love some KOTOR love. But that's a pipe dream given how licencing works.
  • Options
    "new forced-ally tech first unveiled in Escape from Jedha"

Was this an event? A tournament? For some reason I don't recall doing anything with Escape from Jedha, but I probably just forgot it or was too lazy to pay attention.

Can someone help me out on this?
  • Options
    "new forced-ally tech first unveiled in Escape from Jedha"

Was this an event? A tournament? For some reason I don't recall doing anything with Escape from Jedha, but I probably just forgot it or was too lazy to pay attention.

Can someone help me out on this?

Scape of Jehda was the event to acquire K2SO, you are probably IOS :/
  • Options
    Can you put, jyn and cassian in cantina please. Would be great.
  • Options
    Hey man!! and Bodhi Rook?
    Beta tester PC Version
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    My point is that if you are complaining because you don't have at least some of the above decently leveled and geared, you are either:

A ) A newer-ish player. Sorry, sometimes this game DOES actually reward people for having deeper rosters because they've been playing for a year...or more.

B ) Not paying attention and chose to farm heroes when there were numerous reasons to farm several of the above.

Or you're not a whale and cannot upgrade every characters quoted above since it's resource consuming. Most of us will farm toons that are usable in different parts of the game, not only for one area of an AAT raid or such part of a rancor raid.

I farmed Rebels until december to unlock Palp, now I'm farming TFP to be able to strengthen my empire team and complete the last tier of the Potency node.

We play to have fun, not to complete such or such goals given by the events.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_JohnSalera

Will the 5th Ewok finally be released before the event?

doubt... it all about darkside for a few month, maybe in may or june after we get a few darkside people

Behold! The Imperial Ewok Spy! The one and only Ewok that decided his friends were crazy for following a shiny gold piece of metal that could talk, and went to join the Empire!
    Everyone should have at least Teebo and Rey. At this point everyone has farmed almost all the GW toons, if you haven't at least farmed Resistance Pilot to 7* for ships you have far worse problems.

So there's at least 3 that EVERYONE should have already leveled at a minimum. Finn and Poe are gear hogs. and Resistance Trooper, EE are a slow farm(Use guild shipments) as well as Ewok Scout.

I personally never farmed Rey, she never fit my arena team and wasn't really useful outside of her DPS which I could make up for in other ways. Everyone doing Rancor should have Teebo, I also happen to have taken a 3 month hiatus over the past summer where I stopped farming GW shards (RP only at 4* lol oops) and after that I was spending most of my GW shards on getting Dathcha and Cad bane. Figure RP was pretty useless as she wasn't great alone, and Resistance was fairly trash, and speed mods weren't really in my sights yet. I'd agree any long term player should have RP, I just don't. However, having all these characters at 7* and having them at a useable gear level are two entirely different things. I have Poe at 6* but he doesn't have a very high gear level, same problem on most of my ewoks other than Teebo.
    Not saying these characters aren't all farmable, but most of them were fairly useless for a while and most people wouldn't have poured gear into them unless they're whales or have a strange love of small furry things. I know it's kind of my own fault for not really having any of them ready for this event, but I still don't like only knowing a week in advance. One week isn't enough time to gear up all of those characters, whether or not you have them at a good star level. The gear crunch is real, and a week is not ample time to crunch out that kind of gear for 5 characters even for a standard p2p. It's an absolute nightmare for f2p.
    On another note, there still aren't any events that need solely darkside teams. Sure theres the droids fight back, but technically there is a lightside droid now, but all the other events need light side only teams except for the heists which are mixed as well as Omega Battles (but those aren't really that exciting anymore). When are we going to get an event that actually requires us to use these dark side characters? EP, Yoda, This event, all light side characters required.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Or you're not a whale and cannot upgrade every characters quoted above since it's resource consuming. Most of us will farm toons that are usable in different parts of the game, not only for one area of an AAT raid or such part of a rancor raid.

I farmed Rebels until december to unlock Palp, now I'm farming TFP to be able to strengthen my empire team and complete the last tier of the Potency node.

Lol. I'm no whale bro. I'm not even a guppy. Sounds like you're a little bit of both A + B - and a little salty.

I'm going to guess you started in May or June. You missed Palp the first time around, chased him the second. That's the "A" part. And you farmed who you wanted when you first started and that's cool. But then don't complain. ;)

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Lol. I'm no whale bro. I'm not even a guppy. Sounds like you're a little bit of both A + B - and a little salty.

I'm going to guess you started in May or June. You missed Palp the first time around, chased him the second. That's the "A" part. And you farmed who you wanted when you first started and that's cool. But then don't complain. ;)

Where do you see I complain ....
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Why would people farm RP? The toon is mediocre and his ship is nothing special. Anyway, I have different farm priorities, so /shrug. If I can't solo it with Rey (Teebo will be there to help, but RP, Ewok Scout and EE will all die any time someone looks at them funny), then I won't pass the event. And I'm fine with that. Haven't been playing long enough to have a deep enough roster to be able to do all the events, and I won't repeat the mistake of dedicating farm to secondary characters (I did that for the stupid droid event, and got burned pretty badly).
  • Options
    Looks like im gonna get rewarded for all my hard work on ewoks now ;)
    (If I can complete it lol)
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

Why would people farm RP? The toon is mediocre and his ship is nothing special. Anyway, I have different farm priorities, so /shrug. If I can't solo it with Rey (Teebo will be there to help, but RP, Ewok Scout and EE will all die any time someone looks at them funny), then I won't pass the event. And I'm fine with that. Haven't been playing long enough to have a deep enough roster to be able to do all the events, and I won't repeat the mistake of dedicating farm to secondary characters (I did that for the **** droid event, and got burned pretty badly).

I think the point is simply that most people who have played this game for a while would have RP at 7* simply because she is in GW shipments and most people who have been playing for a long time, have everyone (or almost everyone) from GW shipments.

As an aside, you might want her for ships. She's a pilot and a decent one (although, there are better ships). But she's an easy farm, so there's that.