Game Update 1/17/2017 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Zabak wrote: »
    @pargame Yes. Yes, he does.

I thought it was Death trooper, but just read it in Wookieepedia and it confirms that was Krennic.
  • Options
    I am guessing Krennic has a synergy with Moff Tarkin granting him extra moves.

They should have anti-synergy. Those guys hate each other. Lol.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Why cant they add some of these characters to the cantina tables or the LS / DS table? Its getting frustrating.

Cantina store, sure. Cantina table? You mean, where TFP, Geo Spy, SRP, B2, etc. went? Meanwhile the Arena shipments have had nothing new since forever. As a September starter, I still have stuff to farm there, but December players must have arena credit stocked up since forever (or are buying credits). Same for Cantina shipments (not nodes).

Everyone always needs credits, arena tokens are always valuable. Cantina tokens are a different story.
  • Options
    I am guessing Krennic has a synergy with Moff Tarkin granting him extra moves.

They should have anti-synergy. Those guys hate each other. Lol.
    When one misses or gets critical hit, the other one is happy and gains 100% TM! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Just want to add my voice to the positive feedback. Thank you for listening and adding more Empire characters, and through an accessible event rather than tournament at that!
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Why cant they add some of these characters to the cantina tables or the LS / DS table? Its getting frustrating.

Cantina store, sure. Cantina table? You mean, where TFP, Geo Spy, SRP, B2, etc. went? Meanwhile the Arena shipments have had nothing new since forever. As a September starter, I still have stuff to farm there, but December players must have arena credit stocked up since forever (or are buying credits). Same for Cantina shipments (not nodes).

Everyone always needs credits, arena tokens are always valuable. Cantina tokens are a different story.

Same for them now, ship currency at least keeps my cantina tokens from going up.
  • Options
    lRushl wrote: »
    I swear to god, if you guys are releasing krennic and death tropper as a direct counter to chaze or just even more OP, the game will perish.

Disclaimer : I don't have chaze but I know what are the effects of power creep.

Lol...no it won't. In fact, some people have been begging for exactly that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    A big thank you for not releasing Krenic and Deathtrooper in tournaments!
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes! Krennic and DT aren't from tournaments! Thanks a ton for the GK fix too!

This makes me happy, I want to build up my empire toons.

I like the look of this update so far.

EDIT: also looks as if the time spent working on Uggy and Resistance is starting to pay off. I'm tempted to focus on bringing them all to G9 minimum (Except for Rey, Uggy and EE who are already G10 and Teebo who's at G9).
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    I am totally excited!! Shoretrooper added to shipments, Dark Side improvements, new Empire toons!

Can't wait!!
  • Options
    Reactions to this recent announcement include much praise for not releasing these new toons through a tournament. But that same sentiment seems to hinge largely on the assumption that this "event" will be like Yoda or Palpatine or K2SO in that you will be immediately gifted with a 7* deathtrooper and krennic upon completing a few battles.

We won't know until details are released in 1 week on 1/25, but what we do know is that this announcemt says "earn shards" for a new toon, not earn a new toon. We also know that the majority of new toons are offered in bundles and data packs to paying customers first.

So, not to be disssapointed next week, it would be wise to temper expectations now. I would expect to get (maybe) enough shards to unlock one of these toons at 2-3 stars. Then expect to be offered bundles that can drop 10-100 shards of these dark side characters for 1199 crystals. Of course, you most likely get 10 shards of veers and Tarkin but that'll be the main topic of many threads in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    I'd rather unlock at 2-3* than have them locked behind a tournament wall again. But you are right -- people shouldn't just assume it's 7*
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm completely okay with the fact we're not given a 7* characters, and I wasn't expecting another K2-SO-like giveway. Selecting who to farm and who to "delay" is part of the game and it can feel rewarding to work a bit to have your 7th star.

What I'm less okay with is if the only farm method is paying crystal. I would also be not so much thrilled or unecessarly tedious farming (Like only one hard node).

Any other option (Regular event, Cantina Node, Guild/Ship/Cantina/GW/Arena shipment, etc.) is perfectly fine, imo.
  • Options
    I'd rather unlock at 2-3* than have them locked behind a tournament wall again. But you are right -- people shouldn't just assume it's 7*

Again, this is another faulty assumption. There's no information and nothing to suggest that you will walk away from this "event" with any more shards than you did just by "participating" in any tournament.

If history is any indication, then you will be gated behind a steep pay wall to make any use of these toons.
  • DarthMvnson
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Durango wrote: »
    I'm completely okay with the fact we're not given a 7* characters, and I wasn't expecting another K2-SO-like giveway. Selecting who to farm and who to "delay" is part of the game and it can feel rewarding to work a bit to have your 7th star.

What I'm less okay with is if the only farm method is paying crystal. I would also be not so much thrilled or unecessarly tedious farming (Like only one hard node).

Any other option (Regular event, Cantina Node, Guild/Ship/Cantina/GW/Arena shipment, etc.) is perfectly fine, imo.

Then you haven't been playing the game very long. I think the last time a new toon was put in cantina or arena shipments was around June or July.

Instead I am sitting on completely useless 3* chirrut and cassian and 4* jyn erso. There is no way for me to farm these toons any further.

I do have a nice 4* g11 shoretrooper that is usable (except in raids, so 50% of the playable content). And they just announced a wonderful way to farm him. I can purchase the final 3* for him at the unbeatable price of $150.
  • Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Praise the Lord (Vader). Dark Side is comming! ^^

Shore in shipments is also great but 640 kristalls for 8 shards ... NO DEAL!

I allready have him at gear X and 3*. Don't thing he needs more Stars to be usefull in the arena.

Cant wait for Krennic and Deathi xD

Yeah I'm just gonna farm him to 3* stop, extra stars are nice but not necessary
  • Options
    Then you haven't been playing the game very long. I think the last time a new toon was put in cantina or arena shipments was around June or July.
    I have. Don't remember when I hopped in, but long enough to remember a time where DoT would only bring people to 1HP and never kill them, at least. But that wasn't the point at all, you're completely missing it.

I'm not saying they WILL put ALL these news folks in GW shipment or in a easily farmable place, I'm just saying that (i) I would be fine with that -obviously-, even if I think it won't be the case for all of them, and (ii) I don't expect a free 7* star character.

With the recent introduction of previously "premium" characters (Rex, Cody, Echo, Sun Fac, whoever) in Fleet and Guild shipment, I guess some of the new toon will indeed replace them behind the paywall. That would be basic business, you got to keep the customer paying for something. I just hope that it won't be the case for every single one of them.

There's multiple characters to be introduced (Krennic, Death troopers, potential new DS characters) but don't forget there's also Chirrut, Jyn or Cassian that need to be placed somewhere. So outside the ones that will probably be put behind the paywall, there also a bunch that could be placed elsewhere. Remember that there's a lot of open "empty" node in the last tier of the LS & DS battle, and in the Cantina Battles. I expect at least one or two characters to be placed there.

• Options
    1-I hope they don't have a traditional dispel. Works against Vader synergy
    2-I hope they have some sort buff clearing ability like Boba or Geo Spy.
    3-I hope they inflict dots of some sort. Preferably the aoe variety.
    4-I hope they are very difficult gears. It's seems bad at first, but the harder the gear, the stronger the toon.
  • Options
    I agree that there are a lot of places to put toons and if there was any such real thing of being "due" for new arena or cantina shipments toons it's now. And I guess since no one uses cassian Andor he might be the one to go. But I have zero humor that they will be adding chirrut or erso to anything but high pay wall areas in the near future. If both krennic and deathtrooper are meta, then neither will be f2p, you can bank on that
  • Options
    It won't matter if they are powerful. Why?

1. I'm sure the event will only allow us to unlock them at 3* so they won't be arena or raid viable.
    2. Then they will be unfarmable toons for 6 months that will require you would to commit $300-$1000 to 7*.
    3. Then they will move to a cantina node so you can't farm necessary mods with speed secondaries while you get them.
    4. By then the meta will have changed again.

Sound about right?
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

1. I'm sure the event will only allow us to unlock them at 3* so they won't be arena or raid viable.
    2. Then they will be unfarmable toons for 6 months that will require you would to commit $300-$1000 to 7*.
    3. Then they will move to a cantina node so you can't farm necessary mods with speed secondaries while you get them.

Sound about right?

Don't be such pessimist! Maybe we can get it from event at 4*. I agree with rest :smile:

EDIT: I also think that they will not add new toons in GW/Arena/Cantina shipments or they will change it to rotate available toons like Fleet shipments. This way we got chance to get shards...
  • Options

Sound about right?

Hey now chaze is good at 4* for arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NERF THIS THREAD!!!

make them OP!!!!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    NERF Krennic and deathtrooper !!!!

There you go....beat the rush. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    640 crystals for 8 shoretrooper shards. I hardly call that farmable. Pass
    +1

Shoretrooper needs to be in Cantina, node or shipment.
    F2P should have acces to a "prebattle taunt"

I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    Personally I'm hoping one can fill a similar role to B2 in an Empire team and the other boosts tenacity.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    NERF Krennic and deathtrooper !!!!

There you go....beat the rush. ;)

well... it is pretty safe to say :smile:
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In the end we whined about rebels - they added Krennic/Deathtrooper.
    We wanted ST/Baze farmable - Boom. Expensive but they're good, especially as they're viable at low * levels.
    We hated tournaments - they gave us a different event

Overall a great update. I'm sure they're already working on other fixes, but for now I'll curl up on my happy pillow.
  • Options
    BEST NEWS EVER
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_JohnSalera

Will the 5th Ewok finally be released before the event?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.