Baze or Shoretooper?

Prev13
Athusk
348 posts Member
edited January 2017
With the release of Shoretrooper in shipments, it's a great time for me to grind to get shore to 7*. Prior to the update I was farming Baze in the long-term just because I thought shore wouldn't be released in the near future.

I have both shore and baze at 3* but I'm unsure which one to continue farming for. Any suggestions?

Additional Info:

https://swgoh.gg/u/athusk/

Arena team: wiggs, lando, ST Han, QGJ (subbing with EP, Shore occasionally)

I did think about building an empire team, which is the reason why I'm leaning towards Shore, but I read in another thread that "Baze is almost better than Shore in every way". Any thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Baze since you're running a Rebel team
  • Options
    Research the difference between a 3* tank and a 7* tank. It is almost indistinguishable.

Gear and mods far outweigh stars.

Spend your resources elsewhere.
  • Options
    Baze, his Health and Protection is on par with Shoretroopers when modded the same. But his AoE dispel is worth his weight in gold. Also he works well on many and almost all Squad compositions.
  • Options
    I've said it on basically every one of these threads, but the ONLY reason you should pick Shore over Baze is if you're a hardcore empire user hell-bent on keeping your empire synergy.

Otherwise, Baze is better in every single possible way.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    This confuses me though. The point of the rebel team is wiggs damage output...if I have sth and I put in baze, isn't that effectively removing a large part of turn meter gain by allowing my opponent to target baze instead of sth? I'm looking to upgrade from leia but baze just seems counterproductive...
  • Options
    Shore trooper
  • Options
    With the upcoming release of empire toons- you'll be happy to have him
  • Options
    Baze without Chirrut is a speedbump. Shoretrooper is so much more and he works on any squad. The little bit of synergy he gets from Imps is almost indistinguishable.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    irafreak wrote: »
    This confuses me though. The point of the rebel team is wiggs damage output...if I have sth and I put in baze, isn't that effectively removing a large part of turn meter gain by allowing my opponent to target baze instead of sth? I'm looking to upgrade from leia but baze just seems counterproductive...

True... but you can play with speed to make the double taunt difficult to deal with (make han slower). StH is a different type of taunter... shore/baze is supposed to be a meat shield. StH is just a temp bump in the road during which time the other characters are sped up to go more (and more specials than you).

I have had difficulty when sthan is slower than my sun fac lets say. SF will counter and dispell Baze taunt, and then his turn goes, then Han taunts and I am screwed until SF's slow butt gets another turn.
  • Options
    I do want to work on Baze, but there's a recent shift away from rebels and more counters, which is why I'm currently working on my empire team.

Also with the empire event coming soon, I'm not sure if the meta will switch to empire.

In which case, wouldn't it be better if I go for shore? Or would Baze still be better than shore on an empire team?
  • Options
    If running with Wiggs, then Baze all the way. He gives you speed on the Wiggs duo, and the dispell you're missing. No manual taunt, but he soaks up the first shot, which is the important one, and from there on your dps should be able to mop it up.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    I've said it on basically every one of these threads, but the ONLY reason you should pick Shore over Baze is if you're a hardcore empire user hell-bent on keeping your empire synergy.

This!

• Options
    Athusk wrote: »
    With the release of Shoretrooper in shipments, it's a great time for me to grind to get shore to 7*. Prior to the update I was farming Baze in the long-term just because I thought shore wouldn't be released in the near future.

I have both shore and baze at 3* but I'm unsure which one to continue farming for. Any suggestions?

Additional Info:

https://swgoh.gg/u/athusk/

Arena team: wiggs, lando, ST Han, QGJ (subbing with EP, Shore occasionally)

I did think about building an empire team, which is the reason why I'm leaning towards Shore, but I read in another thread that "Baze is almost better than Shore in every way". Any thoughts?

Baze, he is the most broken character in the game, almost invincible
  • Options
    Baze without Chirrut is a speedbump. Shoretrooper is so much more and he works on any squad. The little bit of synergy he gets from Imps is almost indistinguishable.

Lol have you tried using Shore after B2 puts immunity on him and you've just used your cleansers? He does literally nothing...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

I don't have either of them but I agree with this just based on facing them. Shoretrooper is easily dispatched. I'd much rather face Shoretrooper 10 out of 10 times than Baze.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I don't have either of them but I agree with this just based on facing them. Shoretrooper is easily dispatched. I'd much rather face Shoretrooper 10 out of 10 times than Baze.

And that's if you don't factor in the Chirrut synergy for Baze. Once you do that, there's zero contest.
  • Options
    As of today Baze is the superior tank, even in an Empire squad. Having two forms of a dispel are huge against the current meta. Now, if Krennic and Deathtrooper have a formidable way of dealing with opponents' buffs, then Shoretrooper could become more valuable as his TM gain would be pretty useful at that point.
  • Options
    As of today Baze is the superior tank, even in an Empire squad. Having two forms of a dispel are huge against the current meta. Now, if Krennic and Deathtrooper have a formidable way of dealing with opponents' buffs, then Shoretrooper could become more valuable as his TM gain would be pretty useful at that point.

Unless Krennic or DT don't have a cleanse, then B2 will make Shore useless as always.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    All I can say is I only have shore and I went from max 18 in arena (usually ended up around 25) to 6 in arena (ended at 9 despite swgoh stating 13...) Overnight!

Shore has changed the game immensely. I run a polpa (l) tpf shore wiggs team. Even with a wedge lead, shore over sth any day.

But at least for me shore is just a tank and nothing else. He seldom even gets a turn as I have prot over speed. He is 3* G10 and 51k prot and around 20k health. Speed is around 110 or so.
  • Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    All I can say is I only have shore and I went from max 18 in arena (usually ended up around 25) to 6 in arena (ended at 9 despite swgoh stating 13...) Overnight!

Shore has changed game immensely. I run a polpa (l) tpf shore wiggs team.

Now get Baze and see what happens...
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Unless Krennic or DT don't have a cleanse, then B2 will make Shore useless as always.

Yeah if they don't have a way to deal with Buffs, which would be total horse$hit because they should be a balance to Rebels, then Baze is still by far your best tank. I'd run Baze over B2 because Baze is B2 with a taunt essentially and you can use that 4th spot for something more useful. I'm REALLY anxious to see how they developed the 2 new characters and how they synergize with existing Empire.

I have a side-bet that Tarkin got re-worked too because he's a fairly big part of the movie too.
  • Options

Yeah if they don't have a way to deal with Buffs, which would be total horse**** because they should be a balance to Rebels, then Baze is still by far your best tank. I'd run Baze over B2 because Baze is B2 with a taunt essentially and you can use that 4th spot for something more useful. I'm REALLY anxious to see how they developed the 2 new characters and how they synergize with existing Empire.

I have a side-bet that Tarkin got re-worked too because he's a fairly big part of the movie too.

Yeah I hope they provide a good alternative to the rebel meta without giving them 5 OP abilities and introducing yet another power creep. I swear if Krennic has an AOE dispel basic attack...
  • Options
    vessaharja wrote: »

Shore has changed game immensely. I run a polpa (l) tpf shore wiggs team.

Now get Baze and see what happens...

I would but not willing to spend. All in good time. With shore the game is FUN again.

• Options
    Fair point guys, looks like I'm going to start gearing my Baze. It sucks that I geared shore though... (granted I got shore before getting Baze)
  • Options

Yeah if they don't have a way to deal with Buffs, which would be total horse**** because they should be a balance to Rebels, then Baze is still by far your best tank. I'd run Baze over B2 because Baze is B2 with a taunt essentially and you can use that 4th spot for something more useful. I'm REALLY anxious to see how they developed the 2 new characters and how they synergize with existing Empire.

Yeah I hope they provide a good alternative to the rebel meta without giving them 5 OP abilities and introducing yet another power creep. I swear if Krennic has an AOE dispel basic attack...

With the Rebels being all about buffs, I do envision the Empire having something to counter. Hopefully it's not OP, I like the idea of players being able to chose either / or to keep a diverse meta. I hate that every squad has to have Baze for the most part, hope that changes.
  • Options
    I got Shore from two tournaments and the free Rogue One Countdown pack (and decided to get a few more to bring him to 4*). He does the job well, his Crit Immunity can be a godsend and I am gradually building my Imperial squad so he fits right in.

However, Baze most definitely has the better kit. I just can't farm him because he is completely locked behind a paywall. If you're willing to go down the slow route or pay, I'd pick Baze.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    Baze is an upgraded shore trooper. He does more damage. Gets retribution, has an AOE dispell, he is for all intents and purposes strictly better
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you don't have Chirrut then go Shoretrooper
  • Options
    I got Shore from two tournaments and the free Rogue One Countdown pack (and decided to get a few more to bring him to 4*). He does the job well, his Crit Immunity can be a godsend and I am gradually building my Imperial squad so he fits right in.

However, Baze most definitely has the better kit. I just can't farm him because he is completely locked behind a paywall. If you're willing to go down the slow route or pay, I'd pick Baze.

I have both at 3*, I just save up crystals from daily rewards and arena payouts to buy the shipments. I just have been focusing on gearing Shore and not Baze.

I guess I'm going to have to switch over to Baze now since everyone is pretty much agreeing with you haha.
  • Options
    I'm just unsure whether or not to leave him at 3* or farm him until 7* which would take a ton of crystals and time...